It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Lex18 news reported that several people felt it
And had called it into local police etc...
No reports of damage... So thats good...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Its weird, I had a dream that my co worker asked me if i knew about the earth quake at the new madrid. Most like the dream was triggered because I live on this site , but just a lil bit weird. It could be a pre-quake Possible one could happen again today. If its and m7-8 I would be very interested and worried about the surrounding areas being affected. The houses in the east arent built so strongly. I would imagine lots of death from house collapse. I wouldnt be suprised if a larger quake took place later today.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Lol, aww geez. What timing, while the reports of FEMA headed that way seem to be right on cue.

From this document on the big New Madrid quakes, I wouldn't expect many if any foreshocks:

The sequence included at least six (possibly nine) events of estimated moment magnitude > 7 and two of Mm > 8.

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

So the point is here that the NMSZ is probably not going to give much of a warning with smaller quakes like this. It could be a foreshock, but all indications are that it probably isn't, and is just normal faulting.

From what I have discovered so far in the short time I have had a new tool set for quakes though, I am becoming a bit suspicious that science may have known for a while now about earthquake precursors. I need way more study time with it- I just don't have enough to go on yet- not really.
edit on Tue Feb 21st 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Scary the other day.... that thread... warning about an Earthquake here.

It happened, but not as bad... still scary... since he said those FEMA guys were coming here.... WTF?

anybody else remember the thread I am talking about??????

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

A team of scientists involved in research on earthquake precursors has released a pre-publication copy of a paper analyzing distinct precursor signals in the atmosphere and ionosphere in the days preceding the disaster. As we have presented on this website, the science behind earthquake precursors has been definitively established, while the official government position in the United States has been to ignore or suppress such work, and to eliminate necessary monitoring programs, as has been most recently carried out by Presidential dictat under Obama. Oyang Teng reviews the argument made by the authors of the recent paper, a link to which can be found here.

larouchepac.com...

Does anyone here have time to possibly research this? I remember there being strange goings on with the ionosphere and atmosphere before the Japan earthquake, but I don't have time to research this right now.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I've already researched that, several times:

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by Pharyax

You mean this:

Atmosphere-Ionosphere Response to the M9 Tohoku Earthquake Revealed by Joined Satellite and Ground Observations. Preliminary results

Our first results show that on March 8th a rapid increase of emitted infrared radiation was observed from the satellite data and an anomaly developed near the epicenter. The GPS/TEC data indicate an increase and variation in electron density reaching a maximum value on March 8. Starting on this day in the lower ionospheric there was also confirmed an abnormal TEC variation over the epicenter. From March 3-11 a large increase in electron concentration was recorded at all four Japanese ground based ionosondes, which return to normal after the main earthquake. We found a positive correlation between the atmospheric and ionospheric anomalies and the Tohoku earthquake. This study may lead to a better understanding of the response of the atmosphere /ionosphere to the Great Tohoku earthquake.

This is one of those thing that makes me ask, "what do they know and when do they know it?"

The other thing that goes along with that is, most actual cutting edge science is many years in advance of what is publicly acknowledged. This leads to the notion of what sorts of abilities do they have, but aren't admitting to...

Oh, by the way...

reply to post by kdog1982

the predictions page still has a few restricted access sections...

Any of you Guy Fawkes fans out there wanna see if you can take a peek?
edit on 5-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: A bit more

edit on 5-2-2012 by jadedANDcynical because: Fixed link

And you might also be interested in this thread:

A Discussion on the Methodology of Earthquake Prediction

There is quite a bit if science behind seismic precursors, and I'd you think about technology in general and the fact that what we have on the consumer level is usually many years behind what the actual bleeding edge is, you will realize that it is entirely likely that this science (earthquake prediction) is much more advanced than is admitted to in the open.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hey here it is, sorry about duplicating a thread, I looked for this, and did not find it. Sorry about that.

Surprised this isn't more popular.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Yeah, but remember we are gearing up for tornado season and flood season as well. I think they just figured out a good place to do staging

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I posted in another thread but it bears repeating:
This quake hit just after a front went through, a front with a lot of wind and some storms.
Missouri had an almost dry winter and very mild.
Missouri has had drought and flood years almost without ceasing for most of the 1990's and on.

The area is riddled with caves, calcite that is porous, and the whole thing is geologically "moving" (hill-slides, ground shifts)

So we have an area with lots of ground that can shift, and weird weather that provides drying/saturating/drying saturating. Add some atmospheric pressure systems (cold fronts and warm fronts moving though quickly) and something's gotta give.

Many of us lost 90 ft and older trees in the last 3 years, some due to the ice and extreme cold. Others were lost due to the roots going dry when a void opened up under the tree. Very cold saturated ground killed a lot of plants.

Things are really geologically active here (as I look at the cracks in my walls).

Watch for quakes just after a strong front passes-Friday is my call for the next one. Smallish, maybe 3?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I didn't feel the quake here in Indiana but it was the
middle of the night. My daughter in Ky gets up for
work at 3:30 am, will ask her if she felt it there.
I just hope this is not a foreshock. Thanks
for all the great info S @ F's.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

www.ceri.memphis.edu...

So the point is here that the NMSZ is probably not going to give much of a warning with smaller quakes like this. It could be a foreshock, but all indications are that it probably isn't, and is just normal faulting.

From what I have discovered so far in the short time I have had a new tool set for quakes though, I am becoming a bit suspicious that science may have known for a while now about earthquake precursors. I need way more study time with it- I just don't have enough to go on yet- not really.
edit on Tue Feb 21st 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Nice link that will take a bit to go over. Based on what you've read in there, do you think it's possible that there may have been some foreshocks that went unnoticed because of lack of communication and/or the sparse population at the time?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Thank you for your response. Do you know how/where to get a current visual of this for a comparison to the March visual you posted?

edit on 21-2-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Sure do:

JPL TEC map

You will note if you check this throughout the day that the "hit spot" moves. This represents the subsolar point (the spot on the earth directly below the sun), so don't freak when you see the red area.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
its just the end of the world, just like every other 3rd post on this forum. Nothing to see here move on, prepare your bug out bags and order as many MRE's, as you can afford. Dont forget to get a solor oven and something to recycle your urine so you always have drinking water.

Oh and dont forget to pack your tin foil hats and remember to wear it dull side out not shiny side. You reflect light that way and the black helicopters might spot you. Unless you want to be abducted by the greys and be taken to new earth...
edit on 21-2-2012 by SharpKnife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Super interesting. My family lives in Harrisburg, about an hour outside of Carbondale, where SIU is... they were asleep and didnt feel anything, but I say: here we go!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharpKnife
its just the end of the world, just like every other 3rd post on this forum. Nothing to see here move on, prepare your bug out bags and order as many MRE's, as you can afford. Dont forget to get a solor oven and something to recycle your urine so you always have drinking water.

Oh and dont forget to pack your tin foil hats and remember to wear it dull side out not shiny side. You reflect light that way and the black helicopters might spot you. Unless you want to be abducted by the greys and be taken to new earth...

Harsh..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharpKnife

The wife calls that DoomTarding.

Seriously though, sure a lot on here seem to be really orgasmic over teh end of the world or large scale disaster, but for the larger majority they understand preparing for disaster. The family and I have been through 2 disasters and we would have had a much worse time getting through it without our own bit of doomtarding and prepping. We live in an earthquake zone now with very unstable infrastructure among other issues that should prove disastrous if the Madrid starts. It just makes sense to make practical preps. Especially if the greys see the disaster and decide thats it a great time to abduct and probe... I hear they never let a good crisis go to waste.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The greys cause all the disasters in the first place, the population is getting to big so they have to mastermind global disasters to thin the herd so we can be more easily controlled. Oh, on the other hand they may be planning global disasters to thin us out to help protect us from over populating the earth into unlivable conditions. No offense if you have been thru a disaster yourself. But those greys man,....dont trust em..I wonder how many ATS'rs sleep with buttplugs every night just in case they are abducted...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I live in the mountains of NWA and was outside at that time. No tremor, shaking or anything in my area. The mountains I live in could have dampened it I suppose. There have been numerous minor quakes around the Guy area in south Arkansas but it's speculated that they are being caused by fracking. If it shakes enough for me to feel it, I might start to take notice. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
all the best to the people and animals in and around the area, in the event of a truly horrific catastrophe, i pray to you for the best and love. peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join