It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Dream...Can you Help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I can only speak from my own experience.

some time ago it came for me. fear. nothing more and nothing less. it came to claim me.

it was horrendous, terrifying, horrific.

after years of fighting it and resisting it , i said ok, i said no more rejection. i let it in completely.

the moment i accepted it , it was gone. this has changed my whole exsistance.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maximus, your dreams are all about your own feelings. Is this your first child? Everything in your dreams are your own symbols that represent your feelings, so ask yourself what frightens you. Is the thought of a new baby a little scarey to you, because it will change your life? I wouldn't worry about this dream. I think you are happy and a little anxious both concerning a new addition. It's new territory.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by BO XIAN

I can only speak from my own experience.

some time ago it came for me. fear. nothing more and nothing less. it came to claim me.

it was horrendous, terrifying, horrific.

after years of fighting it and resisting it , i said ok, i said no more rejection. i let it in completely.

the moment i accepted it , it was gone. this has changed my whole exsistance.

You just eloquently explained in a nutshell how to face your fears, which is more than likely the source of most people's nightmares. People should pay attention.

I used to use the Freddy Kruger analogy: To disable fear, you turn your back on it, merely deny its existence.

Your stance is more like the tribal warriors of NZ, who imagine themselves as a well worn rock, and invite in fear and anger and pain, and let the waves wash away everything, all that will remain is you.

Seeing this world as dualistic you realize: 1) You cannot judge lightness or darkness, these are simply things that must both exist. 2) You cannot eradicate or destroy darkness, for if it wasn't there. neither would there be light 3) Your only solution is accept darkness AND lightness as coexisting energies, and allow them to teach and influence you according to the laws of the dualistic reality you occupy, and in a manner that does the least harm and most benefits others' learning processes and interpretations. We are a huge classroom all learning this together, and there are numerous different classes at different learning levels all going on, so yeah, it gets a little confusing

Here's that link again to Dream Moods, of all the sites to interpret dreams, I like what they say the best:
Link

If you're really interesting in tracking your dreams and talking to others that do the same here's another interesting site Dreamcatcher.net

edit on 21-2-2012 by Aliquandro because: confuzzled

edit on 21-2-2012 by Aliquandro because: its cheese Grommit!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by iKnowWhatISeen
Maybe it wasnt just a dream, but your mind portraying something that happened or that is going to happen. Or maybe your wifes the new virgin mary (but im assuming you tapped that ass )

It's a big mistake to view every dream as prophetic. In fact, the vast majority of dreams are not, but revolve around something that your mind consciously or subconsciously deals with at the moment. Having a baby is a challenge because it's a whole new life situation, and trust me, your life will change in ways you haven't thought possible.

It's scary, no doubt, but most people feel they're not allowed to openly express that fear (esp. guys) because having a baby is supposed to be a 100% joyful event, right? So you swallow your fears and misgivings (yes, those, too -- after all, you'll never have your wife to yourself again from here on out) and put on a happy face. Those fears and misgivings then express themselves through your dreams. When I was pregnant, I had horrendous nightmares of accidentally squishing the baby to death by stepping on it or rolling onto it in my sleep. I think it really hit home at that time what an enormous responsibility it is to raise a child -- not only do you have to take care of all its physical needs and protect it from harm, you're also responsible to raise it into a decent person with good values. That's a hell of a task, no matter what anyone says.

So don't freak out about those dreams. They just drive home what you don't want to admit to yourself or others during your waking hours. But it's good to pay attention to them and to interpret them... you can learn a lot about yourself that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join