It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what day is it today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Sunday? No

Monday? No

Tuesday? No

Wednesday? No

Thursday? No

Friday? No.

Saturday? No.

Leave the brainwashing behind. You have been distracted too long.

60secs in a min. 60minutes in an hour. 24hours a day. 7 days a week. For your whole life your are supposed to believe that there is 7 days in a week. Everyweek starts with the same day and ends with the same day. You are going around in circles. Every year starts with the same month and ends with the same month.

Look at everything that has happened in the past. Look at all the history. Mostly disasters.

Look at all the stuff that is going to happen in the future. Mostly disasters too.

Strange isn't it.

Stop.

Break the circle. Break the circle.

You know whatever day it is supposed to be is fake. You know in your heart its not real. You have all the answers inside if you want to listen.

What are you afraid of?
Why do you keep looking away?
Why do you allow yourself to be distracted?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Very interesting but what's your point exactly? I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

bc everyone in state zero want smthg or need smthg, what needs dont stop as puting the condition of being before meaning
what want dont stop as the condition of getting in abstract terms

noone accept the truth, how zero is the truth for freedom as plus value
when zero is absolutely then existence is certainty, then living zero is truth freedom and living freedom is true existence, which would end up zero definitely for what only objective would b reality reasons
so subjects will b nothing to existence but without being free for wat true existence is objective and free

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

If you're saying "Live in the moment," I can understand and mostly accept it. But I suspect you're saying something else.

You say we are going around in circles, you're right. The Earth circles the Sun and does it once a year, over and over again. The Moon circles the Earth and does it every month. We are connected to the Solar System through these cycles.

Weeks? Just a convenience. My dentist could say "See you next Monday," or he could say "See you this Thirteenth day." As long as I am in the world, the world has some effect on me. As a creature with memory, the past has significance. As a creature who can plan, the future is my playground.

Certainly, I can leave the world for awhile, in a manner of speaking, but when I come back it is still here.

I've probably missed your point. Please explain it to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Of course days are fake, its a way to track time and be organized but I see your point unlike others.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

As a creature who can plan, the future is my playground.

Idk if you got that from somewhere but I will always remember that.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iKnowWhatISeen

Nope, it's mine. Feel free to use it however and whenever.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Read this...

www.amazon.co.uk...

It'll help keep you off the boards.

Brilliant book.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Awesome

Please give me an opinion of my ufo sighting, I wouldent waste your time with a hoax, I wanna hear as many explanations as possible if possible. Seems to be similiar with alot of other sightings.

www.youtube.com...

Also, if promoting my video on another thread is not allowed I apologize.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Today is:

Gregorian: Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Mayan: Long count = 12.19.19.2.16; tzolkin = 12 Cib; haab = 4 Kayab
French: 3 Ventôse an 220 de la Révolution
Islamic: 28 Rabi I 1433
Hebrew: 28 Shevat 5772
Julian: 8 February 2012
ISO: Day 2 of week 8 of 2012
Persian: 2 Esfand 1390
Ethiopic: 13 Yakatit 2004
Coptic: 13 Amshir 1728
Chinese: Cycle 78, year 29 (Ren-Chen), month 1 (Ren-Yin), day 30 (Ren-Zi)
Julian day: 2455979
Day of year: Day 52 of 2012; 314 days remaining in the year
Discordian: Boomtime, Chaos 52, Year of Our Lady of Discord 3178

isotropic.org...

Calendars are all silly and based on arbitrary "beginnings". Unfortunately, work schedules, court dates, billing periods, appointments, anniversaries, etc. are all reliant on at least one calendar system agreed upon by both parties or the one requiring your presence or payment.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well, if each week starts and ends with the same day, I think you're confused.
If each year starts and ends on the same month, I think you're confused.

January is not December. As one starts the other has ended. Not one and the same.

Unless we can count from 1 to 10, then we'll never know how many of anything we have, that is the point of the cycle. Not to fool us, but so that we can have an account of how long, haw many and when to plan for things.

Without this cycle, we are meandering to nowhere.

On a similar note, I woke up this morning and went to get the Sunday paper, thought "This is the smallest Sunday paper I've ever seen... " until someone told me it was Tuesday... It felt like Sunday!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Dear iKnowWhatISeen,

Thank you for your kindness. I hate to spoil it by being a nit-picker, but I have a couple of comments about your post.

If I start talking about UFOs here, the Mods will (rightfully) give me a lecture for being off-topic. We're supposed to be talking about the post that opened the thread.

With just a few more posts, you'll be at 20. Then you can start your own thread about what you saw, and people will respond to that.

Oh, by the way, I know almost nothing about UFOs (as in alien ships). I don't know how to prove or disprove them. I mean, if they're secret military craft, they won't tell us.

If I can help you get started here, I will. There are some sources already available. Try the Freshman forum. It has a lot of threads which are very informative. Or try the search engine. As an example you could type in "Avatar Help," or if you want to see a ton of emoticons you can use try a search for "bb code or "smileys"

But, anyway, back to the topic. It seems that the OP is pretty mystical. But what is your opinion on how far the mysticism extends? Is he saying that time itself doesn't exist? Or that we can control time by controlling the thoughts we have about time? Or that we'd be better off if we just picked a starting day some time in our past, call it Day 1 and make each day the next number. If that was the case, we'd probably be at Day 167,843,994,312 (or something).

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

the op is meaning the add or the difference u r suppose to make regarding all what u know already while it is objectively there

all starts from bringing the conclusions positive, that is the true day light, anyone can bring all to positive end, so all would be one objective positive clarity, it is always possible to do that of anyone while truly

bc anyone is objectively existing as positive sense free, so it can resolve everything to its positive fact existence sense from its free sense which is always an add to positive objective as superior potential add to facts, what is absolutely positive objective is abstractly a free superior sense

what is positive most of positive fact is infinite nature of freedom as being superiority fact

all what conscious must do is to start acting according to those facts they are existing through, proving their freedom being real and their objective existence being in positive constant terms

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Thanks for handeling the situation the way you did, thanks for the advice. That is why I apologized ahead of time to avoid seeming like a troll, this website is very interesting. But back to time, to me it doesnt exist and is something we fully dont understand. How can we say time exist when we dont know when it started, also as DaTroof just proved there are different ways of tracking time so just as religion, who are we to say our way is right? To add on, when astronauts travel through space they age quicker if im not mistaken so what exactly is time?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
its funny.

the closer you get to breaking the circle. the stronger the distractions become.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

ok lets see, according to u is time positive variable or not? what is the correlation factor between all u know and all u see ? is the result u out positive or negative? do u know more then what u can see or do u know less?

if u know more what do u do with that positive add? do u keep it? wat for

if what u see is more then how can u see it? enlighten me about that

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

positive and negative cancel each other out. more distractions.

break the circle.

turn the circle into a straight line.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

this is the straight line mister blind, u is always a plus it is a fact but obviously u lie to keep whatever u can hide as if it relies on else

when u cant see the obvious positive superior in objective concept before being a fact and a reality in words, then u must look at negative only and prove to me how u r superior to that

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I have no clue what you just said.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah ! Today is Pancake Day (UK) so circles in a pan for me !

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join