It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Brokered Convention - Plan B - New Candidate Jeb Bush ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I was just hoping it would go away, actually.

Love it!

Actually, only last night I heard John King and others talking about the need for a new candidate. The GOP's not pleased with any of them. They may see another Bush as electable, since defeating the incumbent is all they seem to care about.

But another Bush? Gag.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I was just hoping it would go away, actually.

Love it!

Actually, only last night I heard John King and others talking about the need for a new candidate. The GOP's not pleased with any of them. They may see another Bush as electable, since defeating the incumbent is all they seem to care about.

But another Bush? Gag.

I went to youtube looking for that
video and couldn't find it.
They must not have posted it yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

One anonymous GOP senator now tells ABC News that if Romney fails to win the Michigan primary he'll publicly call for a new candidate. His preferred choice? Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, of course.

blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
what happens if nobody has enough delegates to win the nomination?

I went in search of your answer

Filing deadlines have passed in all but 11 states. If another GOP candidate were to announce his candidacy today, he or she could make it on the ballot in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Montana, New Jersey, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota and Utah.

These states offer a combined total of 482 delegates, significantly less than the 1,144 delegates a GOP candidate needs to wrap up the nomination. If a new candidate were to sweep all 11 states they would still not be able to clinch all 482 delegates, as some of the states will award delegates on a proportional basis.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
JEB....enough said there,,,,,it seems the united states is showing their lack of intelligence once again,,,,,Glad to see there are some wise people on ATS ,,sometimes this site makes me feel so not alone in a world filled with dummies...........They said they were gonna bring in Palin too and then never repeated it,,,we will see

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is an interesting proposition.

If Jeb was drafted in I could see American unfortunately putting another Bush in office. I don't think Jeb is a bad guy, but I think it's kind of frightening to have yet ANOTHER Bush in office. Funny thing is if this were to happen I would be willing to bet the American public would vote him in, despite what the hole his father dug us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Of course having yet ANOTHER Bush in the White house might be a bit too transparent

now there's a scary thought.
3 Bush's in the WH ????

Why don't they just re-name it
the Bush House ???
And hang an all seeing eye
over the front door ???

Yeah, right next to the skull and crossbones. I think this move would be way too blatent, but again TPTB don't seem to care anymore. Maybe the Bushes were there to inform Barry that he would not be a 2 term president.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
you guys are crazy if you think a "Bush" has a chance of winning this election.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They need a plan B but another Bush probably isnt the answer.

Dont get me wrong, Jeb may be the best of the Bush's?? Just not sure people are ready for another Bush in office this soon.

Do they have a plan C in waiting

Like one who voted against the NDAA

Jim Risch (R-Idaho),
Rand Paul (R-Ky.),
Mike Lee (R-Utah),
Jim DeMint (R-S.C.),
Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and
Tom Coburn (R-Okla.).

edit on 21-2-2012 by Henley because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by Henley because: ..

edit on 21-2-2012 by Henley because: ..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Clinton is earmarked for the world bank CEO....
She gets a holiday for a while....at our expense, and the boys get a staunch henchwoman in a serious position....not that shell have any freedom there to do anything but look like shes driving sort of.....
I doubt if shell get tapped.....
but hey, ya never know....till its over

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I personally believe that the MSM and GOP Establishment are trying to prepare people for Ron Pauls delegate landslide.. I think they are crapping their pants and trying to find away out.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Bush the III

American might be stupid enough

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Detour

Hey way to pat yourself on the back for the lucky guess - meanwhile many people have been saying Jeb Bush was going to run anyway and there is a lot of talk about Marko Rubio getting in there for the Spanish vote too

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ron Paul has been out of the race from the first moment people actually started voting.
He failed to get enough votes to win anywhere.
There is absolutely no need for any conspiracy to counter a losing candidate.

If they calculate a Jeb Bush run this year it would only be because they see his chances better vs a weak Obama now than vs Hillary in '2016'.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

And I'd suffice to say Paul is out.

I think I have already stated on other
threads that TPTB would not allow
Paul to be President. But who pays
attention to me, I just get called a
troll when I speak so why bother

edit on 21-2-2012 by Detour because: corrections

Oh no but you are a troll.

And you just gave yourself away.

By your own logic, Ron Paul will not be allowed by your almighty TPTB to be president but in your past threads, you also tried to demonize Ron Paul and say he is part of the almighty TPTB.

I recognize this type of contradictory trolling from a BANNED ATS member for pulling the same shenanigans, the EXACT same.

Don't even bother responding, your HISTORY of posts already contradicts the next thing you're going to say.

Consider yourself, DEBUNKED.....or.....DETOUR'D

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I actually called this back on January 3rd. Have been discussing this for quite some time, though not here. To be fair, I got the idea from a West Wing episode.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have heard whispers that if there is no candidate by the second vote at the convention, that Tea Party will be putting forward Sarah Palin.

Chris Christie, Donald Trump, Jeb Bush have all also been mentioned for this scenario.

Trouble is they would have three months only to put together and run a campaign to beat Obama.

I would think if there's no candidate by the GOP convention the last couple of days might actually be entertaining to watch while they all scramble.

I really, really wonder why absolutely NOONE is even mentioning Condoleeza Rice as a candidate. She is the only experienced person with enough exposure and high level government experience in the GOP that actually makes sense.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

haha yeah if we had condi rice as president instead of obama that whole Libya thing woulda gone over alot smoother he was crazy obsessed with her so she probably would have just had to ask him to step down to end that whole debacle on topic the one atvantage i can see a new canidate having is unlike some canidates they havent been putting their foots in their own mouths for hte last few months campaigning?i shudder to think of all the threads that will be made on ats IF jeb bush gets elected let alone if he defeats ron paul in any way
some links for those interested
www.ontheissues.org...
www.rawstory.com...
www.theatlantic.com... saying he wont run or why he wont at least
powerwall.msnbc.msn.com... this one seems to think he will run in 2016 but i know nothing of the source
www.bbc.co.uk... and from the bbc quoting him saying he will not be running but not to count him out for 2016

www.politico.com...
readersupportednews.org...

edit on 21-2-2012 by KilrathiLG because: add links

edit on 21-2-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another "war" president? Exactly what TPTB want and honestly what I as an observer expected would/could happen.

I like a lot here would want Ron Paul in but theres no way TPTB would allow it to happen.

If RP somehow did succeed he wouldnt last 10min. TPTB would find another "grassy knoll" and history would repeat itself again..

But might be getting ahead of ourselves I hope?

God help us all if JB does run for Pres....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nah, I think it's too soon for Jebby. If Ron can get the GOP nomination, he'll win. If not, Obama will win.

In 2016, Jeb will run. But guess who else will be running? Paul. Rand Paul.

edit on 21/2/12 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join