It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of the cane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well not a cane this time.

In June 2010 one day before my birthday I was in a very near fatal motorcycle crash.
I still swear Jesus was in the ambulance with me, but that's another story.

I had so many injuries I was a mess.
What's worse was I had 3 tears in my aorta the largest artery in the body.
They couldn't stop the bleeding and they couldn't save me.
The doctors were telling Ma to make peace and telling her they would like her to go with a hospital rep to sign papers to take my organs.

That's when Ma hauled off and hit me in the head.
The doctors told her not to do that I am critical and they don't want me to die before they can harvest my organs.
Ma actually said "really? watch this and hit me harder"
The nurse and her friend pulled her off me.
That's when something amazing happened I began to stabilize and well I'm here today, it was a long very long up hill battle and there were other moments where death was measuring me for a coffin but I survived.

I'm putting this here in the Metaphysics because I have seen things in my time that Ma has done.
People who have come up to her and thanked her for saving their lives.
While working the coma ward if a patient was going to wake up it was on her shift not other nurses.
So much so that at the time the doctors asked her supervisor to only put her on the coma ward.
The doctors who were treating me even asked her to visit other patients in the ICU but she wouldn't leave my side.

I just thought I would share my story with how I was on deaths door and how I'm so grateful to have a Ma who alwayse happens to have miraculous things happen around her.

Yes I know this is anecdotal, but that's just how it is.
I have no proof other than the fact that they wanted my organs and I'm still here.

P.s. The thread is "the power of the cane" because normally she hits me with a cane, or did when I was younger when I would do epically stupid stuff.
My friends alwayse said "the power of the cane compels you"
edit on 21-2-2012 by Pigraphia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

Dear Pigraphia,

You got a star; but, no flag. I am glad that you are better. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I seen your post and thought...really? Someone else?

I have a cane, but three good limbs and have used my cane (See Cane-Fu) to defend myself on a couple of occasions.

I apoligize for the misunderstanding...but loved your post.

Talk about tough love.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Talk about tough love.

One time in HS I wasn't paying attention to Coach I was busy goofing off and Ma had come a little early.
She smacked me with her cane and told me to pay attention.
For a week the entire team was joshing me about it.

Next time Ma came to practice he offered her a job as head disciplinarian for the team because several guys had been suspended for doing stupid stuff during classes.
She turned it down but the team never made fun of me about Ma being strict again.

On a side note I might need to learn some cane fighting since I walk with a cane now, hopefully not forever but I can't fight like I used to for the time being.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

been around a long time

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

My Dad was a tough disciplinarian...but I still love him. He meant what he said. And I learned that the hard way.

But yep, there are those who think that since you use a cane, think you are a easy victim. I always thought it was best to teach them otherwise.

Then again there is always CCW.

That will teach them permanently.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I didn't like the lessons when I was a kid, but I really appreciate them now.
Even being forced to do construction work on birthdays.

You're right about looking like an easy mark.
I know I can handle myself, but I do look easier, and a big part of staying safe is not looking easy.

It was a great boost to my ego though when I was meeting some people back when I was just barley learning to walk again that someone honestly said "I don't know him, and I know he has a cane but I think he can kick my ass so I'm not gonna mess with him".

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I can relate man. My mother was a nurse. She always made the other nurses pray, or meditate or whatever that made them more positive and to focus on patients she thought needed a little help. Sure enough great things happened. She had a ward dedicated to her in the hospital she worked for. Your mother seems allot like mine. She had an energy to her I sometimes feel in what good I do. I think these sort of people can smack the death out of us, I really do.

My mom didn't have a cane but that is hilarious. It would compel me too!

I am glad you made it. You seem worth saving. I hope your battle to recovery finds a graceful conclusion.

On a side note, I trust a lively person who cares over all the medicine in the world. Thank you for this. It is a great way to start the day.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Never let others tell you what you can and cannot do healthwise ( or gray area wise either...:
)

You need to keep on, keeping on.

Take care..I'm outta here for the night.

ETA:

When using the cane, learn to twirl it on the off steps...that way it doesn't look like you necessarily need it. Predators may think twice…and it looks jaunty.

edit on 21-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join