It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure and effects on the Military/Defense Industry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I have had this thought in my head for the past couple of days, what would disclosure, be it by private means, a government or the beings themselves mean for the Earths various armed forces and defense industries? What kind of effects could it cause?

Let's say that a few months from now the major governments of the world convene at the United Nations and declare that their is an alien presence in our skies, space and so on and people have been affected. They say they pose no known threat but at this time leave out lots of details about possible cooperation and collusion between various governments and ET species, hybrids, back-engineering....etc.

What does this mean for the militaries and defense industries that there are beings out there more powerful than them? Suppose more details are reveled slowly in the coming months and years that detail things like reverse-engineering of alien technology and secret treaties and agreements between man and ET.

Will some alien species be skewed by the governments as "evil" or malign and others as positive and good? Will a world government be required for entry into the galactic arena? Will the militaries be obsolete overnight or will a planetary defense force of some kind combining all the nations armed forces arise?

Will the ETs even allow armed forces on and off world? How will defense companies react now that they know there's a bigger ball park out there? You can't just fire or lay off tens of millions of members of the armed forces or immediately repurpose defense industries to peaceful areas? What will happen to the militaries and defense companies?

I hope this topic brings up new ideas and thoughts for it does not seem to be talked about alot by people clamoring for "DISCLOSURE".

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
There is no disclosure, people are so "trained" nowadays that even if Obama says out loud anything about disclosure, still people would not believe it. I would really like to see disclosure happen anytime soon, but sadly I don't see any possibilities that this would ever occur.

I am more inclined to believe that Project Blue Beam may happen, but an actual real disclosure? Let's hope so...
edit on 21-2-2012 by paulorf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
My personal belief is that there won't be any disclosure coming from our governments, because they would have to admit that they were the reason for the cover up in the first place. This would lead to great consequences.
Total collapse of the government in power. Religions would also crumble in my opinion.
Human kind could take the fact that the UFO phenonenn is real, at least most of us all ready know that there is much more to it.
But dont expect the people in Power to give up their power. We don't really know what could happen or what direction it would go. It could back fire at us too.
There are also enough indications to believe that the US Government is dealing with this issue for a long long time and it seems to me that the reason for this cover up is because they are dealing with the wrong guys. But who knows the unknown!
I say we go get our disclosure ourselfs. Disclosure is happening but its a slow progress and a long way to go.
I would aspect the Science fields to play a big role in disclosure. Hey maybe when we get these privat space programms running will get some peace of the cake. Time will tell i guess. But it gets more exciting every day when you look into all the new discoveries that are being made everyday. thanks for your post!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

It would be a defence industry/scientific and military recruitment bonanza.

Once the immediate chaos and societal upheaval settled out (Probably a few wars, social disturbances, putting down of cults) the clamour would be to advance our tech to catch up with the visitors.

Faced with incontrovertible proof that FTL, interstellar travel and goodness knows what else is possible we would race towards it. Science would become cool again for a while.

Some sort of planetary defence alliance would be formed and the queue to join the military and participate would be around the block.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

okay lets say they would announce such a thing at the United Nations, the first thing the military defense would do is militarise space. They would actually have to because of seciurity reasons. You don't want some alien terrorist flying trough our skys would you

This would also lead to a huge increase of more industries and jobs. someone has to build the technology to defend and secure our space.
our economy would be bursting like never before but that means they would have to lie about all the other things they are covering up. other wise its goodbye Government and hello chaos.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yes, I agree. There would almost certainly be a bit more of a militization of the world cultures because of fear of possible attack or subjugation. Space would finally become weaponised(at least openly, it's already militarized). I do wonder if there is thought put to trying out a world government how well the various countries can work together?

Hopefully effort would finally be sought in putting to use the resources of the Solar system. I wonder if the ETs have a type of Galactic Federation and what type of role we'd play in it? Since we are very good at breaking stuff and making things that break other things would we end up being their soldiers and armed forces/police(if they have need of something like that)?

Even being a "grunt" so to speak, would not be such a bad thing if we were able to go off planet and discover strange new worlds and cultures(and kick their ass:lol
. Makes you wonder about that missing 2-3 trillion dollars from the defense budgets from 2001 and what we are cooking up in the "black" world.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Disc low? Sure!

disclosure

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

you know if there something like a galactic federation im pretty sure they wont give us any guns to play with outside of the solar system. and you are right we are experts in breaking stuff so if they are the bad guys they might make us their little slave soldiers too

i think we should grow up first and handle our problems that we are facing right now on earth before we go out there in start messing things up!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by samaria
My personal belief is that there won't be any disclosure coming from our governments, because they would have to admit that they were the reason for the cover up in the first place.

Actually I can see an end run around that dilemma.. It would require an administration that is relatively new (few months into office) and a Cabinet head with no links to the military / industrial / political insider.

Release the info with the explanation the moment they found out the info they immediately released it while laying all the blame on previous administrations.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by samaria
My personal belief is that there won't be any disclosure coming from our governments, because they would have to admit that they were the reason for the cover up in the first place.

Actually I can see an end run around that dilemma.. It would require an administration that is relatively new (few months into office) and a Cabinet head with no links to the military / industrial / political insider.

Release the info with the explanation the moment they found out the info they immediately released it while laying all the blame on previous administrations.

Quite possible. Alternatively disclosure may come without any admission of cover up attached to it. There may be ongoing preparations in private, to be surprised in public.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It really is sort of a paradox. Only because it is based on the false assumption that the fact is the government is hiding something and will never disclose it. The logic behind this reasoning is bad because the issue of disclosure can never be resolved.
Lets say the government did launch full disclosure, many would not be satisfied because they would think that the government is still hiding something.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If the governments really know about an alien presence and want to disclose this, they will not do so until their one world gov is in place. The aliens are not gonna want to deal with many different countries and the petty wars that go along with them.
Once we can live in peace or at least not in a constant state of war then comes the one world gov. Whether it's gonna be a hellish dictatorship or as free people with rights is up to us and future generations.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamdaddy
If the governments really know about an alien presence and want to disclose this, they will not do so until their one world gov is in place. The aliens are not gonna want to deal with many different countries and the petty wars that go along with them.
Once we can live in peace or at least not in a constant state of war then comes the one world gov. Whether it's gonna be a hellish dictatorship or as free people with rights is up to us and future generations.

I agree. And I support a New World Order.

Not only is a New World Order vital to disclosure, but it is essential in order for humanity to progress into a Type I Civilization.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24

Let's say that a few months from now the major governments of the world convene at the United Nations and declare that their is an alien presence in our skies, space and so on and people have been affected. They say they pose no known threat but at this time leave out lots of details about possible cooperation and collusion between various governments and ET species, hybrids, back-engineering....etc.

What does this mean for the militaries and defense industries that there are beings out there more powerful than them? Suppose more details are reveled slowly in the coming months and years that detail things like reverse-engineering of alien technology and secret treaties and agreements between man and ET.

Will some alien species be skewed by the governments as "evil" or malign and others as positive and good? Will a world government be required for entry into the galactic arena? Will the militaries be obsolete overnight or will a planetary defense force of some kind combining all the nations armed forces arise?

Will the ETs even allow armed forces on and off world? How will defense companies react now that they know there's a bigger ball park out there? You can't just fire or lay off tens of millions of members of the armed forces or immediately repurpose defense industries to peaceful areas? What will happen to the militaries and defense companies?

If this happens, buy all the Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop and Raytheon stock that you can.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Let's get real people.

99% of the worlds population either believe or want to believe what their government says. Why? So they can continue doing the same old thing which effects or secures their immediate circle. So whatever has gone on before disclosure, means diddly swot, once the spin doctors get going. :IoI:

Think about every possible means of media you currently use now and how it can be controlled, How are you going to tell what is real or not, unless some alien come through your front door and gives you his key to his mkIIV space ship or sticks a prob up somewhere the sun does not shine.

As for the millions of military contractors they will be all thrown on the unemployment heap like everyone else and simply told SORRY..

IMHO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottozia
Let's get real people.

99% of the worlds population either believe or want to believe what their government says. Why? So they can continue doing the same old thing which effects or secures their immediate circle. So whatever has gone on before disclosure, means diddly swot, once the spin doctors get going. :IoI:

Think about every possible means of media you currently use now and how it can be controlled, How are you going to tell what is real or not, unless some alien come through your front door and gives you his key to his mkIIV space ship or sticks a prob up somewhere the sun does not shine.

As for the millions of military contractors they will be all thrown on the unemployment heap like everyone else and simply told SORRY..

IMHO

Yeah I guess I agree, whatever happens in the near or far term, Governments will do their best to spin or doctor the news so that it's to their advantage and/or their is not societal upheaval.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How is it that all advances in technologies are held in government agencies when nearly all of the technologies and hardware were produced by private industries for the government, and their own interests. Like nobody ever got fired, or wanted to spill any beans on their deathbed confession? Inside the corporate technology R&D companies the advances in technology are quite mundane and highly specific and technical, with a billion parts. Yet nobody has gone out and created a rogue plant to travel the stars yet. So I deem the whole idea of hidden high tech a fantasy. Oh there is hidden tech, corporate secrets, security clearances, but not wild ideas of any back engineering of ET tech, if there was they would be using it, instead of Kerosine and LOX.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think a lot depends on the ET politics. It wouldn't necessarily mean an end to conflict or the nation state on Earth. Maybe there are several competing ET groups. Maybe ET is really nice. Or maybe ET is not so nice.

If defense spending shrinks it should be good in the long run, because those workers can do something useful. Instead of building weapons that we hope will never be used, those workers can be cheap labor in the galactic equivalent of the garment industry.

top topics

join