It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by Starchild23

Who got shot in the head with an "elecrtified projectile"? I must have missed that while watching the video in the OP.

MOTF!

Semantics, semantics.

Alright, put it this way: am I justified in hog-tying you, then zapping you with a cattle prod while you are helpless?

There's procedure, then there's brutality.

No. However, if I was under arrest for 2 hit and runs and you, being the police officer, had my hands cuffed behind my back, I wouldnt be stupid enough to try and run. If i didnt run you would have no reason to "cattle prod" me. If you chose to do so then, yes that would be a bad thing and all the blind hatred would be warrented.

MOTF!
edit on 21-2-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Once again, I would reiterate that while the cop was doing his job, he went overboard with it

your assessment of the situation is whats overboard. If the girl ran , got tazed and landed on grass , and someone put up a video of it . You wouldn't be chimming this same song. Only reason why its such an issue now is because she was brain damaged. Which was mostly her fault.

Why don't you go out to public schools all across america , and teach kids not to run when they are hand cuffed? You would be doing a great public service.

While your at , tell them not to run from a police officer , that is a very grave mistake.

I stand by the cop on this play. i know its easy to bash on cops. But they put up with some of the most inhumane people you ever did meet.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Ill agree that this could have been played out 100 different ways that would have been better for all envolved. However, "Overboard"? You're really going to go with overboard on this one? Overboard would have been the cop pulling out his .45 and shooting the girl 9 times. I didn't see anything "overboard" in the video. Just an unfortunate chain of events that left a girl braindead.

MOTF!

Unfortunate? HAHAHA!

I'm sorry, you're too much. You must be a cop to remain blind to the fact that this cop knowingly and aggressively attacked a bound, unarmed suspect.

Anything else?

Yes i believe the outcome was unfortunate. Do you not? You also act like the girl was just sitting there doing nothing wrond when she ran out of the police station. Im too much? Cause I use judgement, rather than let my hatred blind me? And no i dont have to be a cop to file this under "sh*t happens" get over it.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How far could she get in hand cuffs?

What happened to the rule about not shooting people in the back, or shooting unarmed people fleeing.

Cops are DANGEROUS to unarmed citizens. And little threat to any actual dangerous criminals. Don't want to risk not making it to retirement. Revenue collectors, that is all they are now.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodredux
Does anyone ever get away, once they have you like that? I mean, really.These men are armed and known to be a little bit... how should I put it... overly aggressive at times. Don't run. Don't smart off. You're just going to suffer for it. They can do pretty much anything they want nowadays and get away with it.

Here is the problem with this kind of armchair thinking. We are programmed to instinctively protect ourselves, it has been this way from day one. Our first and foremost thought is to protect ourselves from anything that triggers the hormones that produce the response.

The hormones are non-event specific, our brain defines the event. So the hormone release on a roller coaster is much the same as this girls response to being in trouble, the difference is the brain tells her one is fun the other is not. When the chemicals arise in her, she has to "honor" them, but we are TAUGHT, it is NOT instinct, that all people with guns, tasers and badges are authority figures and are there to "help" us, but the guns, the badges and the tasers say otherwise = inner conflict. That inner conflict leads to chaos inside the brain and body.

Cops are not taught this at all. They are not taught that a young girl who is "in trouble" is going to act in ways that don't make perfect sense in their "I'm the authority because the law says so"world, as such, they make horrible decisions. In fact, they treat the human folks worse then the dog folk, because the are actually taught what is going on in an animals brain, but not in a human brain.

In this young girl's case she was running, where to? Nowhere! Just running. Was it logical? No, of course not, as it was instinct. Was she right to run ----- YES!!!!!! We have been running from trouble for eons, only in the last 30 years have we been told that running from guns, tasers and badges will lead to jail or death - there has not been enough time for us to rewire our brains to be faux authority compliant. If you were a jew in WWII germany, was running a good idea? According to the armchair thinking - no. At the basic instinctual level, this scenario is not any different to the young girl then a WWII encounter.

Had the policy enforcement officer (tax collector) understood even and 1/8 of what I just said, he would have just let her run, until she conked out, and brought her back. Or, we didn't see the inside video so this is speculation; he might not have spent an hour saying how much trouble she was in, how bad a person she was, how she was going to jail etc. Cops fuel the situation by not treating people in a decent manner simply because they have been ACCUSED of a crime.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I bet if that girl was the last donut of the dozen rolling away......

That fat-butt pig would have chased her down instead of Tasering her.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Multiple officers were on call. If your musculature proves incapable of catching the suspect, then they can handle it.

The cop was reckless, and they are not paid for that. Imagine what else they might recklessly do in loosely interpreting procedure protocol?
edit on CTuesdaypm545423f23America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I bet if that girl was the last donut of the dozen rolling away......

That fat-butt pig would have chased her down instead of Tasering her.

The size of the police officer is not at issue here. This is blatant slandering of obesity.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
So what do you think? Was this an abuse of police power?

Any Police officer who uses a tazer against someone is abusing their power. I personally will not accept them as the norm. I hate to think what "non-lethal" gear they will get their hands on in the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

WOW what a lazy fat ass cop. He was 2 feet behind her yet he still has to taze her. He could of easily kicker her feet from underneath her or jumped on her back (might of squashed her to death if he did that).
edit on 21-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
Im sure if you got tazed and became braindead because you ran away, you would sue them so you never have to work again.

OMG that is the single funniest thing I have read today.

You know, the last time I was brain dead I didn't sue anyone, you know why?

BECAUSE I COULDNT, BECAUSE I WAS BRAINDEAD AND.....oh nevermind.

Thanks for the chuckle my friend.

Dorian Soran v2.0

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

You justify , the womens actions in running because of instincts? Are you kidding me right now ?

Why don't all women react this way when handcuffed? Shall i show you video of women , who choose reason and logic over excuses?

That is absurd . This isn't nazi germany , she knows the cops are not going to kill her , or torture her. Instincts nothing ! She wanted to get away from the police , because she doesn't want to get into trouble , Is that not why all criminals run from the law ? even when they are in custody and still try and make a run for it ?

Why don't more prisoners , try and run while in captivity ? Why do they just accept their faith , do their time ?

I'll tell you why . Because it makes more sense to cooporate , then to run and make it much worse.

Reason over instincts.

Was she right to run ----- YES!!!!!! We have been running from trouble for eons, only in the last 30 years have we been told that running from guns, tasers and badges will lead to jail or death

No she was not right to run . Thats the problem . You see her running is what caused her the tragic events that followed.

I bet if she had a time machine ,and could go back to that moment . She would not run.

instinct to run lol give me a break.

you should join starchild in going across america and teaching kids not to run from police , or resist arrest .

or events like this might unfold.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185

Originally posted by usmc0311
So what do you think? Was this an abuse of police power?

Any Police officer who uses a tazer against someone is abusing their power. I personally will not accept them as the norm. I hate to think what "non-lethal" gear they will get their hands on in the future.

tell that to this guy. What if he used a bullet instead?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

She is brain dead because of her head smacking the road.

So the tasering did not cause the damage. It caused the fall leading to head injury leading to brain injury. Get your title right OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
She was on coc aine and oxycontin, she had been involved in 2 hit and runs, I'm glad we won't have to worry about her third. This woman, not the cop, is a piece of crap white trash crackhead.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
WOW what a lazy fat ass cop. He was 2 feet behind her yet he still has to taze her. He could of easily kicker her feet from underneath her or jumped on her back (might of squashed her to death if he did that).
edit on 21-2-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

I hope you're being sarcastic, because if you can't see that doing either of those things could have caused the same thing to happen or worse you really need to think before you write.
It was her hitting her head after falling that caused the damage, the method used is basically irrelevant. More anti-taser people clutching at straws trying to find any excuse to criticise.
While there are cases where their use is inappropriate, on the whole they allow more peaceful resolutions with less chance of permanent injury. On the whole, if people were not breaking the law or ignoring repeated orders then they would not feel their brunt in the first place.
Abuse of power is where the problem lies regardless of the methods used to enforce it, however in this case it's not really an abuse of power.
This woman *allegedly* committed these crimes, the fact she was fleeing would lead a reasonably minded person to come to the conclusion that she more than likely did commit these crimes. If she hadn't broken the law and then hadn't tried to run away, none of this would have happened - end of story!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What if he had let her run?

Was she the Unabomber? Did they think that she was endangering someones life by running?

I submit that any speeding motorist constituted more danger to the general public than this handcuffed teenaged girl.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
She was on coc aine and oxycontin, she had been involved in 2 hit and runs, I'm glad we won't have to worry about her third. This woman, not the cop, is a piece of crap white trash crackhead.
I guess he should have shot her with his service pistol then.....

Sounds like you think she didn't require a trial.

White trash? Substitute a different color (like brown) and you would be called racist.
edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What if he had let her run?

Was she the Unabomber? Did they think that she was endangering someones life by running?

I submit that any speeding motorist constituted more danger to the general public than this handcuffed teenaged girl.

Given what she was arrested for, I DO feel a little safer knowing that she is not behind the wheel of an oncoming vehicle.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's remarkable how many people seem to be more interested in the 'rights' of drug addicted criminals than anyone else. How terribly sad..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join