It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The problem here is that this FAT piece of crap is so out of shape that he can't even run down a handcuffed girl.
So, he elected to use a disproportionate amount of force to apprehend her. The result, "persistent vegetative state".

This lardass should be fired. Not simply because of this incident, but clearly because he is UNFIT FOR DUTY. - mentally and physically.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The conditioning of Americans(most,some??) is absolutely frightening. I live in Ireland and we bitch and moan as much as anynation about the negative side of the police, but we, and the police know that there are boundaries when physicality comes into it. Our police are well aware that if they are gonna put hands, or equipment on anyone, they better think twice and be sure. This does not stop everything but it severely hampers police of the mindset to hurt and bring pain. That split second of doubt can be enough, it would certainly have prevented that young girl from the life she leads now.

From all that i've seen regarding the american police, the american populace is accepting the beginning of a full on police state and what seems acceptable force by the american police would get them in serious, immediate trouble here, and probably anywhere in Europe.

Rapists are back on the streets after a few years, Murderers get paroled, Psychopath's get bail, but this young girl being on the streets was so much of a threat to the public she got LIFE.

It seems in America the value of life is similar to the dollar, and WE do not have long before both are considered worthless.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
this is a reply aimed at several " armchair experts " - i picked on you , because you used capslock

reply to post by kozmo

wow another of those " experts " who can make "analysis " of a persons health and psychology just by watching a few seconds of video

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
wow. Just Wow.

Talk about an unfortunate event.

Many many bad decisions made.

I think it is just horrible, but if she was arrested for 2 hit and runs, and driving with out a license, she apparently wasn't making wonderful decisions at that point.

I do not think tasers are any help.
I personally have not ever felt one, but being a mechanic I have been zolted before. Its no fun.
I think if the law enforcement feel the need to use these devices, then there should be an age range. I mean she was only 20. Couldn't even go to the bar yet, but old enough to get tasered?
At what point do they stop? What if she was a minor? Would they of let her go? Would they of still taser'ed her?

This was a very unfortunate event.
I think what makes it more unfortunate is.... who can you blame?
Do you blame the cop, for doing his job, and making a poor judgment call based on his training?
Do you blame the girl, for making wreckless decisions, including the one to flee at the police station?
Do you blame our justice system, for letting stuff like this happen?
Do you blame Obama, just because?
Do you blame yourself?

I blame the inventor of the taser.
I know it makes no difference, but thats where I am going with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I've glanced over this thread and opined that considerable fault lies with the officer.

Running criminals and lazy cops aside, is it really in the procedural guidelines, the standard protocol, to tazer people in the head? I would think that no matter what, the risk of brain damage and lawsuits would keep them from going above the neck. It's not like the head area offers anything special besides vindictive pleasure (something cops should NOT be enjoying, on or off duty).

The woman ran. She was being stupid. Stupid does not entitle you to shoot someone in the head with an electrical weapon intended to paralyze.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

I kind of like where you went with it.

Gotta blame someone, so blame a person who can't be punished or connected with the actual crime. That way, it's all over and done.

I must say, though: your case has considerable flaw in it, legally speaking. But that's not the point.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thats so messed up, maybe if the officer in pursuit wasent grotesquely obese, he could have apprehended her without electrocuting her while in full motion on the concrete, like what did this guy think would happen when she lost moter control in full flight? Im not gunna rant rant rant but this guy should deff get kicked off and hit with a charge. But its likely he will be sitting his fat ass in his cop car getting money from the state of Fl. to harass and paralyze its people. Seriously though thanks for bringing this to light, good post.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So I wonder if the article never released the weight of the officer, how different your opinions would be.

And congratulations to a lot of you, for letting the MSM skew your thoughts. You hear big guy vs. little girl and your first conclusion is that he didn't want to run.

How gullible you are.....

Why would the article even need to release the weight of the police officer, if it is even true, in the first place, how is it relevant? How is the weight of the girl relevant?

The girl was being arrested for driving without a license, and two hit and run crashes. You don't know if there were fatalities in those crashes.

Despite the MSM trying to paint her as an innocent tiny girl, she has been risking a lot of lives.

And was trying to escape to do it again.

edit on 21-2-2012 by nixie_nox because: typos

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Of course we blame the police...we always do even though none of this would have happened had the so called "victim" complied in the first place. It's not that hard people...make the proper decisions and a situation like this would not happen. Her choices in life is what lead to this...being involved in a hit & run got her in trouble with the law in the first place. Instead of cooperating she tries to then run while being handcuffed (stupid). No one seems to care that she could have very easily hurt others during the hit & run.

Very unfortunate that the girl is in this state right now but I'm someone who has made mistakes before I blame only myself because of the decisions I made.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Some of you folks on here really suprise me with your blind hatred for cops. This situation is a lose, lose for everyone involved. Sure, the cop could have given chase, but then the thread title would be something like "800 pound gorilla tackles 100 pound woman and leaves her braindead". Tackled or tazed, the outcome is the same either way, the girl goes to the ground. What we see in the video is someone hitting the pavement with their head which leaves them braindead. A one in a million chance. Well maybe smaller, pavement is pretty hard. But what everyone is so mad about is that it was a cop that caused it. Well was it really a cop who caused it? I dont think so. I blame the girl with the 2 prior hit and runs for running from a police station with her hands cuffed behind her back. A little thought goes a long way and had she put even the smallest ammount of thought into what she was doing she might be a bit more livelier now.

All i have seen on this thread so far is an endless string of police/fat people hatred. Well wake up people some folks are fat and some folks are cops. If you dont like the way things are run around this place then go be a cop yourself. Instead of whining and complaining, maybe, well... you know... BE THE DIFFERENCE.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
reply to post by mainidh

Oh yeah, you'll talk tough now, just wait till something happens to you. Someone breaks in to your house, someone bumps your car in the parking lot, or steals your dog. Then he wont be a fat lardo, then it'll "Please mr. policeman, catch the guy........ help me....oh and hurry up cuz I pay your paycheck."

Exactly...funny how we forget all the good deeds millions of police officers do on a daily basis. We can't let the judgement from 1 police officer deter the fact we have lots of other good judgmental officers.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
UMMMM all I can think of is "dang girl let that be a lesson to all that see it"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Of course we blame the police...we always do even though none of this would have happened had the so called "victim" complied in the first place. It's not that hard people...make the proper decisions and a situation like this would not happen. Her choices in life is what lead to this...being involved in a hit & run got her in trouble with the law in the first place. Instead of cooperating she tries to then run while being handcuffed (stupid). No one seems to care that she could have very easily hurt others during the hit & run.

Very unfortunate that the girl is in this state right now but I'm someone who has made mistakes before I blame only myself because of the decisions I made.

So you're stating that shooting a resisting suspect in the head with an electrified projectile is advisable?

Where did you get YOUR training?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
Some of you folks on here really suprise me with your blind hatred for cops. This situation is a lose, lose for everyone involved. Sure, the cop could have given chase, but then the thread title would be something like "800 pound gorilla tackles 100 pound woman and leaves her braindead". Tackled or tazed, the outcome is the same either way, the girl goes to the ground. What we see in the video is someone hitting the pavement with their head which leaves them braindead. A one in a million chance. Well maybe smaller, pavement is pretty hard. But what everyone is so mad about is that it was a cop that caused it. Well was it really a cop who caused it? I dont think so. I blame the girl with the 2 prior hit and runs for running from a police station with her hands cuffed behind her back. A little thought goes a long way and had she put even the smallest ammount of thought into what she was doing she might be a bit more livelier now.

All i have seen on this thread so far is an endless string of police/fat people hatred. Well wake up people some folks are fat and some folks are cops. If you dont like the way things are run around this place then go be a cop yourself. Instead of whining and complaining, maybe, well... you know... BE THE DIFFERENCE.

MOTF!

Once again, I would reiterate that while the cop was doing his job, he went overboard with it. Most of the cops I know won't shoot. They'll call for backup and the next car will pick her up about 8 blocks down. Why? Because a handcuffed woman isn't going far.

Shooting a handcuffed, unarmed suspect at ANY time is questionable. Exactly how are they going to threaten you, that requires you to pull a tazer? Too much exercise?
edit on CTuesdayam070746f46America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Who got shot in the head with an "elecrtified projectile"? I must have missed that while watching the video in the OP.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

That was sick.

Poor girl that fat POS deserves a luiville slugger to his head.

Its ok though because KARA is a bitch.

What comes around goes around and I can guarentee that he will me his maker in not so pleasant circumstances.

Remeber. What comes around goes around.

It is the cycle of life.

Sick POS. If she died then would it be ok then it would be excessive.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ill agree that this could have been played out 100 different ways that would have been better for all envolved. However, "Overboard"? You're really going to go with overboard on this one? Overboard would have been the cop pulling out his .45 and shooting the girl 9 times. I didn't see anything "overboard" in the video. Just an unfortunate chain of events that left a girl braindead.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Who got shot in the head with an "elecrtified projectile"? I must have missed that while watching the video in the OP.

MOTF!

Semantics, semantics.

Alright, put it this way: am I justified in hog-tying you, then zapping you with a cattle prod while you are helpless?

There's procedure, then there's brutality.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Ill agree that this could have been played out 100 different ways that would have been better for all envolved. However, "Overboard"? You're really going to go with overboard on this one? Overboard would have been the cop pulling out his .45 and shooting the girl 9 times. I didn't see anything "overboard" in the video. Just an unfortunate chain of events that left a girl braindead.

MOTF!

Unfortunate? HAHAHA!

I'm sorry, you're too much. You must be a cop to remain blind to the fact that this cop knowingly and aggressively attacked a bound, unarmed suspect.

Anything else?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Police were given guns and tasers to protect themselves in life threatening situations. They were NOT given these tools as a means of instilling fear and obedience in the people they were hired to protect. They've forgotten WHO they are supposed to protect. Frankly, I don't think they care about protecting anyone but themselves, their pride and their jobs.

The presence of a cop is a life threatening situation for most people. It's gotten that bad...

edit on 21-2-2012 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join