Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cop Tazers Handcuffed Women In The Back. She Is Now Braindead.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"A severe headache followed by vomiting is one of the more common symptoms of intracerebral hemorrhage. Some patients may also go into a coma before the bleed is noticed."

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If she's handcuffed, even if running she isn't much of a threat. That's even more of a reason to run after her. There's no reason to tase a handcuffed girl if there's another, better way to per her in custody. That would have been to run.

What a sorry excuse for a cap. Doesn't even keep himself in decent enough shape to get his job done. And running after a handcuffed person is easier than catching someone not handcuffed. Run much slower without pumping your arms.

Horrible.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe is he wasn't a fat ass he could have chased after the girl. Eat another donut.....

They should have a fitness standard that all cops should have to live up to. Like they do to get in the FBI, except this one is monthly tested.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
however you deal with an incident -there is a posibility of unintended consequences - being " rugby tackled " by a 300lb bloke is going to generate a greater impact force than tazering

the bottom line is - attempting to runaway once handcuffed is pretty dammed stupid

and although it will offend many , ms Maudsley deserves a darwin award

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just a thought ... why was the offender cuffed 'in front'? ( unless she was flexible and stepped through )

A fit Officer could have easily grabbed her by the cuffs, had she been manacled to the rear.

Would have pulled her up real quick too, with minimal trauma.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

That was addressed in the article.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Timely

That was addressed in the article.

Thanks, had not clicked the link as what I witnessed on the vid, elicited an immediate, yet somewhat emotional response.

H

The report goes on to state: "In this situation, Maudsley ... removed one of her handcuffs while in the back of Cole's patrol car, and moved her handcuffs from behind her back, to in front of her body, as she attempted to flee the FHP Station. In addition, Maudsley was running towards US Highway 19 which is a high volume road."

Having said that, I don't see a valid reason for such digression from police protocol.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Not nice.

In the UK it is considered a fire arm and such its use has to be justified by police.

I don't see any justification in its use here by the officer.

Neither he or any one else was in danger.

I found the full video here, titled, "Woman in vegetative state after being tased by Florida High Patrol Trooper"

www.youtube.com...

Incident at 44:40 in video. Newbie.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why are there so many fat cops in US?

Do they literally sit around eating donuts all day until a job comes up?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
With increasing reports of officers using excessive violence (not necessarily increasing incidents) more people will be in dread fear of coming in contact with officers and may be more likely to run or get away.
:/

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Don't police officers, like military, have to pass some sort of physical fitness test on a regular basis?

No, they have to pass a fitness test to get onto the force to begin with, but there is no ongoing testing unfortunately. A cop that is too fat to pursue a 100 pound girl with handcuffs on should be fired, there are plenty of fit people out there that need jobs and can execute their jobs without resorting to excessive force to make up for their own inability to jog faster than an old woman on a cane.

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Maybe I watched the wrong video, but I see an officer giving chase while firing the tazer. I see her fall, sit up and hear her ordered to lay back down.

Sad if she is hurt, but I don't see a brain dead woman here. Just one that sat up and was able to receive orders to lay back down. Both of which require conscious thought and actions.

Or am I missing something here?

What you are missing is that brain injuries are the result of the brain swelling, and frequently the ramifications of the injury do not show up until a good while after the accident. She probably seemed fine immediately after the incident. There have been many instances of people walking around and talking after a car accident and seeming to be normal only to drop dead of a brain injury a short time later. There have been other instances of people walking after an accident and later becoming permanently paralyzed from injuries they didn't even know they had sustained.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise
A small point, your headline says that she was tasered in the head.

That's kind of misleading, she was tasered and fell over and hit her head.

There is a bit of a difference between the two.

Being tasered in the head and being rendered braindead would lead me to believe that tasers are too dangerous to use in case they dont hit their intended target...

But being tasered and falling over and hitting your head...makes me think that it's been a bad luck case, or the cop taking the easy route compared to chasing her.
edit on 21-2-2012 by selfharmonise because: (no reason given)

Have another look, slower this time.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
This is just Horrible.

So what do you think? Was this an abuse of police power?

The Florida Highway Patrol have cleared 267-pound Trooper Daniel Cole of wrongdoing and have released a disturbing dash cam video that captured him tasing a 100 pound, 20 year old handcuffed girl in the back as she fled.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement determined Trooper Daniel Cole's "use of force" was justified when he tased the woman last September at the FHP Pinellas Park Substation and cleared him of wrongdoing.

The fleeing woman, Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since.

slumz.boxden.com...
edit on 21/2/12 by usmc0311 because: Title Change.
edit on 21/2/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

This is what happens when you give someone a gun, a badge, and the power of the State.. It goes straight to the head and they think they are above the law. Even thought they may be "cleared", you have to wonder if they even care about what they did, or if they justified their actions to themselves. Remember, OJ was acquitted of the murder of his wife, but did that change the facts of the case ? The answer is no. Cops that do this stuff need to spend time in prison. Murder by any other name is still murder.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Anyone who doesn't think this is bad will think twice if in the future we're all chipped under the skin and all it takes is a button to bring us down, should we step out of line, (or even think the wrong way).

Far-fetched idea I know, but this world right now would be extremely far-fetched to someone from the not too distant past.

Careful what you condone. Thumbs down to lazy, fat pigs from me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
And if he had tackled her and caused the same damage(very plausible) all of you lazy keyboard jockeys would have wanted him strung up for dropping his weight on her. I want to point something out here, Cops are human and have human traits, they are not perfect. and I am sorry for her condition. But I guaran-dam-tee that if this woman had done a hit and run on you and then tried to run from the police, you would have wanted that cop to do anything in his means to catch this woman. We dont know what she hit & ran from, could have been a car, a hydrant, very well could have killed someone who knows. hit and run is a felony, This WAS A FELON RUNNING FROM THE POLICE. This man could have shot her, he could have clubbed her, could have wrestled her to the groun, tackled her. What if when he tackled her broke her arm? then he would be crucified for harming a suspect. My point is, this man who risks his life each day CANNOT WIN..........and that my friends is not fair, and I do not find it fair that this man is called a pig and fat by a bunch of people hiding behind a computer.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh and thats right!! If she had gotten away he would have been a fat ass pig for not catching a felon!!! You would have said - "huh, doesnt he have a taser?"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

Risks his life every day?

What, by getting obese and being in danger of heart failure?

Ok, I'll agree to that.

On the other hand, he's a useless police officer and a waste of oxygen, should be fired from the force and made to pay the medical bills he caused on this girl.

indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Oh yeah, you'll talk tough now, just wait till something happens to you. Someone breaks in to your house, someone bumps your car in the parking lot, or steals your dog. Then he wont be a fat lardo, then it'll "Please mr. policeman, catch the guy........ help me....oh and hurry up cuz I pay your paycheck."

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I love how there is more than 5 posts in this thread about the girl being handcuffed just because the title says so.

Last time I checked they ask you to put your hands behind your back, then cuff you.

The girls hands are in the front of her when shes running - like they should be.

She is NOT handcuffed. Did he even warn her she was going to get tazed? Probably before SHE opened the door and ran out of it, right?

1 minute of grainy video isn't enough to determine if it was justified or not. Tasers were supposed to be used on drunk people who werent listening right? I thought all cops were athlete runners , LOL

Originally posted by pyrodude
reply to post by mainidh

Oh yeah, you'll talk tough now, just wait till something happens to you. Someone breaks in to your house, someone bumps your car in the parking lot, or steals your dog. Then he wont be a fat lardo, then it'll "Please mr. policeman, catch the guy........ help me....oh and hurry up cuz I pay your paycheck."

Yes, if a crime is committed I fully expect the police to DO THEIR FREAKING JOB. What planet do you live on dude? I know this wasn't a response to me but still. Im sure if you got tazed and became braindead because you ran away, you would sue them so you never have to work again. I'm just judging you based on your post.

edit on 21-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join