It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things in Love - Abortion, gays, adulterers and murderers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Dear ignant,

Yeah, that selfish behavior in them is quite rampant, contagious, egotistic not to mention toxic. Such self-glorification is consistent with their grasping at the promise of "salvation" What I dont understand, is how so many fail to realize the hypocrisy of casting Judgement that way

"Them" is my problem, "us" is the solution. I do not believe that we can separate ourselves between anything. We are all human and we all matter. I like that answer. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

The concept of being a christian is an easy one but actually trying to apply it rules is amazingly hard. When i was younger i thought the same way some christian did which was if you do wrong I dislike you always pointing fingers at other people.Ps i not knocking them I know why they do it its just being stuck on a step they need to get past. Its amazing how hard trying to be humble is and not trying to pass judgement on others is. Personally i found will power in trying to follow some of its rules, Really, stop lusting for a while just to see how long you can last, Stop talking crap about other people for a while,Trying to accept other peoples short comings and failures. What i found was this isn't easy and it doesn't make your life easier at all.

In fact it makes life a whole lot harder but it has a profound effect on your personality. First off i found that you tend to focus more on your own weakness then other peoples weakness second you learn to accept what you cant control "trust me that is a hard lesson for some", third you will find out how hard it actually is to walk the path when no one cares and other people view how you do things as stupid. Im amazed at how some people view the bible it basically says we are all sinners so be more loving,accepting,trusting,faithful,honest, and work on your self. Its the best self help book ever to build character traits we would all love to have.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I love being in church, I love reading the bible, and I admit I am as far from the story of christ as even some of the worst spirited people I know. I'm an immature, self-aggrandizing jerk and I have alot of work to do to become the man I want to see myself as. I try not to push my beliefs on others, but sometimes I like to talk about god as the subject intrigues and excites me.

My question for the OP is basically as follows; How far into transcendentalism are we as Christians aloud to go? I don't want to meddle or border in spiritual lines I should not cross, but I also love discovering my own spiritual life ya know?

Also, should we even say "Christian" since his name is actually Yeshua?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

Christ isn't his name my friend....

It means "anointed one".... So Christians are "followers of the anointed one"

Er... i mean they're supposed to be..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Alot of these so called christians dont even regurlary read the bible let alone know what is in it. Theres a verse in the bible where jesus says truly the tax collectors(jews hated them) and prostitutes(we all know there looked down upon) will enter in the kingdom of heaven before you.

Oh how true that verse seems to be.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalAccount2008
I love being in church, I love reading the bible, and I admit I am as far from the story of christ as even some of the worst spirited people I know. I'm an immature, self-aggrandizing jerk and I have alot of work to do to become the man I want to see myself as. I try not to push my beliefs on others, but sometimes I like to talk about god as the subject intrigues and excites me.

My question for the OP is basically as follows; How far into transcendentalism are we as Christians aloud to go? I don't want to meddle or border in spiritual lines I should not cross, but I also love discovering my own spiritual life ya know?

Also, should we even say "Christian" since his name is actually Yeshua?

Someone who does self reflection on one self as you do, I don't see how bad of a person you claim to be. From what you have written there, I would beg to differ. A immature jerk to me, wouldn't even take the time to evaluate one's self as you do, and would automatically assume that they were in the good, or just not care at all.

I guess what it comes down to is what I refer to as the "Us vs. Them" mentality. We can created millions of reasons to classify ourselves into one of two groups, Us or Them. From that point on its all about Us vs. Them and taking whoever Them is, out. Goes back to the dawning of man. When we figure out that its all about Us AND Them, we will figure out that both can live in peace. I guess until then we will never have peace.

I think this is a quote from Ghandi, but I could be wrong: "There is no way to peace, peace is the way"

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

God does hate sodomites. Don't you know this "preacher"? Or are you ignoring the scriptures? I can't post you verses showing God literally hates them.....He also hates some Christians too....... "Have you not read"?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am agnostic, while I don't look down upon Christians in general, this man is the first one that has spoken something that has meaning to me. I don't know what the answers are, but am very familiar with the Pagan beliefs, and this man speaks much of the same. I have two very good friends that are Muslim, and we go round and round all the time. It is time for people to understand, that whoever or whatever we believe in, there is good and evil in this world. It is time for more of us to find the good, Karma will be kind to us.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Dear KJV1611,

Perhaps I miss the point, which sins does God love? Doesn't he hate all sin? That is not the issue, the question is which is the unforgivable sin? It is not enough to read the bible, you have to live it in your heart and all things we are told to be out of love. You cannot save another, only God can do that. By focusing on sin, you fail to act from love. Focus on salvation, focus on love and focus on forgiveness.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You got me wrong.....I'm not talking about God hating sin...I'm talking about God hating the actual SINNER. The PERSON is who God hates, not their sin. Some preacher has been lying to you. This foolishness about God loves the sinner, but hates the sin is a lie right out of Hell.

God hates plenty of people. I can show you many verses where God hates people. Can you show me a single verse where God current;y loves a sinner without that love being founded in Jesus Christ?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Dear KJV1611,

I can find many verses where God loved sinners, in fact in loving the world he loved sinners for we are all sinners. Christ died for all sins and all sinners. Would you have him go up on the cross again? Do you really believe the one unforgivable sin is homosexuality or do you believe any of us ever become sinless while alive. Paul said he was the greatest sinner of all, did God still love him?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

the question is which is the unforgivable sin?

Blasphemy of course...

which is...an impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things.

IF God is everything... then everything is also sacred... at least as far as life is concerned

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

And at it's heart, to blaspheme is to reject God's love (for we are told that God is love, though I view that as a description of his nature rather than a limitation on his being sentient). Thanks for your comment dear friend. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join