It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Things in Love - Abortion, gays, adulterers and murderers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I thought might upset everyone, it is a holiday. I give sermons on Sundays and I have often been the subject of hatred on this site just for believing that there is a God, oh well, means nothing to me. Today, I saw a thread by someone who said that all gays are demon possessed, the moderators removed and that is a good thing. There is a very good chance that my ex-wife aborted our baby without telling me, I won't go into the details. At a minimum she cheated on me and gave me Herpes. Still, I forgive her and do not wish her ill. Forgiveness is love, salvation is forgiveness.

While many believe that all Christians hate gays and sinners and whatever, those are not Christians, those are perverts of the word. We are told to do all things out of love and so few do. The man that convinced me to go into the ministry was gay, you would have never known it and I sure didn't. I am pretty sure that he is not demon possessed, he has given his life to helping others. Why are we to visit people in prison as Christians if forgiveness is not part of our duty? For wannabe Christians who have no love in your heart, remember that many will come to him saying Lord, lord and he will say, he never knew you. He said that when we help the poor and abused, we are helping him, not the rich and famous, those in need, sinners just like you and me.

No doubt some moronic atheist will come by and tell me I am a believer in fairy tails, their words have no meaning to me. I am much more concerned about people who call themselves Christians and then attack everyone, you do a disservice to yourself, God and people who truly do believe. Pray for all rather than attempt to condemn all, God and each of us makes our own relationship.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

That thread wasn't removed.... though it probably should be.

But i admit threads like those demonstrate the ignorance of some so called "christians"...

And they're so much fun to tare apart at the seams

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

They may be fun to tear apart; but, even they need to be taught and forgiven. Who does not need forgiveness, I know I do and I think you would say that you are also imperfect. I would think the more imperfect/immature we are, the more forgiveness we need. Forgiveness is like food, there is more than enough to go around; but, we tend to be picky about who we give it to. On an aside, thank you for commenting on my thread, I really appreciate your input and do hope that we can always discuss things without too much misunderstanding. Peace.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I would probably be considered agnostic or atheist, and I don't consider you to be anything but a level headed kind human being as far as I can tell. As long as our policies aren't based on our beliefs I have no problem with religions. You have every right to believe in whatever you wish, and there is really no way to know what if any higher power exists outside of our existence. I don't judge anyone based on their beliefs, or their ethnicity, or whatever, just their actions. Actions tell everything about a person, but even then they can be hard to understand, and may be misleading. Truth is we are all complicated creatures, and none of us are the same, and we all act as individuals.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

They may be fun to tear apart; but, even they need to be taught and forgiven. Who does not need forgiveness, I know I do and I think you would say that you are also imperfect. I would think the more imperfect/immature we are, the more forgiveness we need. Forgiveness is like food, there is more than enough to go around; but, we tend to be picky about who we give it to. On an aside, thank you for commenting on my thread, I really appreciate your input and do hope that we can always discuss things without too much misunderstanding. Peace.

There is no denying this is truth... but this is not what i do... I am not here to teach, only to clairify... and perhaps point in the right direction.

Believe me my friend i am FAR from perfect... but i am still learning

Much love

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

LMFA0!!!

Let's light some incense to appease the atheists.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Dear andersensrm,

I did not wish to imply that all atheists would attack me, I was actually correcting others who claim to be Christians and don't follow the most basic law, to love God with all our heart and our neighbor as ourselves. I actually have a friend that believes he is a "psychic vampire", yeah try looking that up. He was a foster kid who was abused and I sort of took him in. There are as many jerks that claim to be christians and jerks that are atheists, I don't look at either group as being cohesive. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Religion or no religion I admire you for the position you take. To truly love is all we really need and the world would be a much better place if everyone would at least try to aspire to your views towards all people.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I am an atheist..

I agree with you about loving your neighbor, BUT..........

I dont love my neighbor because a magic fairy made him. i dont love my neighbor because i will get into a fantasy afterlife.

I love you because i know myself... because i know how little separates us. I suffer to help those around me because an eternal life is mine, not through jesus christ... but through technology.

i made a thread just like this one but from an atheist perspective.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

Dear taccj9903,

Thank you so very much, I believe what I believe and I believe others are free to do the same. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Dear Wertdaf,

I dont love my neighbor because a magic fairy made him. i dont love my neighbor because i will get into a fantasy afterlife.

And where did I say why we should love our neighbor as ourselves? You fill in the blanks for me rather than ask why I believe we should love one another and you fill them in incorrectly. I believe we should love one another because we all make mistakes and are all imperfect. Your love is shown in your mockery of my belief that there is a God. You make a negative contribution to a positive thread because of the hate in your heart. I don't know why you felt a need to mock me and it is okay, you are not the first or the last to do so, just one of many. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Just promise me when you see that your god is a delusion that you will remember what i have said here.

Know that i offer you all the love your non-existant god did. I will be here forever... i hope you choose to share eternity with me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I agree with andersensrm.
I don't share your believes, but it's all good with me, as long as you mind your own business and don't try to proselytize "non-believers", or even spew hatred like so many of the hypocrite wannabe crusaders.
I think if your Jesus figure was real, he would have consented your attitude. Can't say that about many christians.
edit on 21-2-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We are all a result of our past - however long that may have been - we are all subject to Universal Laws - we may not understand them but they are there. Universal Laws are for the good of all and serve not only the Cosmos and the Grand Order of all things but to aid in our learning process.

We have all heard the saying 'what goes around comes around' and this connects to the Universal Law of Attraction also 'You reap what you sow'. If we look back on our lives in all honesty we see the parallels and in hindsight the wise can often see how 'what they have given, they have received' even though the giving and the receiving may be far apart in time as we know it. We always have time to make corrections whether we choose to or not is down to our free will. But Like will always attract like though few recognize it when it happens - it's like when we look in the mirror - do we see the same person as others see?

We are all learning - and are all at different stages of learning but until we do we will stay in this 3 dimensional dream.

There is a prayer - that can only be answered by those who request it with there hearts and understand it's meaning - it is a Mantra that can heal the world it is sweet, simple to remember and powerful - the more you say it the more effective it will be on the collective conscience but it must be spoken with mankind in mind and not with self as a victim - we are all one and until this is realised the current wheel will continue to turn.

'I am a human becoming - help me to become'

Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

edit on 21-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

All Things in Love - Abortion, gays, adulterers and murderer

I am much more concerned about people who call themselves Christians and then attack everyone, you do a disservice to yourself, God and people who truly do believe. Pray for all rather than attempt to condemn all, God and each of us makes our own relationship.

S&F

While the title was extremely provocative and imo, misleading, after I read your whole elaborate passage, I was comforted.

This sacreligious problem is rampant in our American community, our American churches, our American military, our American government, our American society at large, ****including America's actions historically past & present, upon the rest of the world****

The human psyche is extremely PROJECTIVE as demonstrated in what bothers most of these Christians and the judgments they cast abound, paradoxically is what bothers them about themselves and their own "sins", most of all

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Dear ColCurious,

I have no issue with your response nor do I attempt to recruit others to my beliefs; but, I will defend them and I think that is fair. I was an agnostic for a decade and appreciate research rather than myth and blind acceptance. True ignorance is the refusal to investigate and not the conclusions we reach if we have honestly investigated. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Dear ignant,

While the title was extremely provocative and imo, misleading, after I read your whole elaborate passage, I was comforted.

I am sorry, I did not mean it to be misleading. I meant the title to be aimed at Christians who are unforgiving and was trying to list some that Jesus forgave. I am a big proponent of forgiveness and find myself at odds with many people who claim to be christians and are not forgiving. The title of the thread began with, "All things in Love", this is something from the New Testament and it is too often ignored. Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by ignant

Dear ignant,

I meant the title to be aimed at Christians who are unforgiving...

Yeah, that selfish behavior in them is quite rampant, contagious, egotistic not to mention toxic.

Such self-glorification is consistent with their grasping at the promise of "salvation"

What I dont understand, is how so many fail to realize the hypocrisy of casting Judgement that way

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Oh and I forgot to ask the OP:

"Abortion, gays, adulterers and murderers"

Are these all "Sins" that must be "forgiven"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join