It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Ron Paul to pull out the big guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
IMO, the GOP has shown no desire to nominate Ron Paul and in fact has shown total desire to make him go away. His own party has been sabotaging his campaign from the beginning by saying he is unelectable , dangerous to barely acknowledging that he is even in the race.

So there is no way that they will let Ron Paul win it , even if he gets all the delegates. After the last few caucus coincidences where Ron Paul was on the losing end (invalid count was not in his favor) and Romney was again on the wining end (having the invalid count on his favor last two recounts, and calling him the winner before the caucus was completed). Instead of fixing the issues the GOP opted to have closed door caucus with no videos.UHM

1. I believe Ron Paul should put the fear on the GOP and say that if he is not selected as the GOP candidate then he is going to run as an independent and he will not endorse Romney,Gingrich,or Santorum!!!

This is ofcourse assuming that the elections aren't rigged.

2. Secondly, Ron Paul supporters (Independent,Rep,Dems,etc ) need to be vocal about there strong desire to not vote for any of the GOP candidates but Ron Paul. Perhaps we would need to do a march or some other type of movement to demonstrate the potential voters the GOP will be loosing.

That is the only way that I see the GOP selecting him as their candidate.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Have you heard the talking heads in the MSM today? The GOP is actually willing to accept a brokered convention, in which a new candidate will be injected!

RP has to pull off a big win with the delegates or we may see someone like Sarah Palin jumping in!

They know the republican voters are pissed, and they will do whatever it takes to install an establishment pawn.

If RP runs independent....I'll vote for him. The GOP may lose the election, but I'd rather deal with Obama then Romney or god forbid Santorum!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I don't know how many decades it will take for people to put 2 & 2 together, the President does not have any REAL power, it is a people's puppet position, the top actor holding all the BS together in the public's minds. These elections are a sham and have been for a long, long, long time. Some of us accept it, others still hold on to hope that it isn't the case, yet new evidence compiles weekly supporting this facade.

I like Ron Paul, he's the 1st guy I've seen run who isn't a lesser of 2 or more evils, he's actually making more sense than any politician I've ever seen, but even I know my vote for him will be put on a list of possible dissenters compiled by the next versions of the Patriot Act when Darth Romney is (s)elected.

edit on 20-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I don't know how many decades it will take for people to put 2 & 2 together, the President does not have any REAL power, it is a people's puppet position, the top actor holding all the BS together in the public's minds. These elections are a sham and have been for a long, long, long time. Some of us accept it, others still hold on to hope that it isn't the case, yet new evidence compiles weekly supporting this facade.

I like Ron Paul, he's the 1st guy I've seen run who isn't a lesser of 2 or more evils, he's actually making more sense than any politician I've ever seen, but even I know my vote for him will be put on a list of possible dissenters compiled by the next versions of the Patriot Act when Darth Romney is (s)elected.

Yes the President is smoke screen to a point. However, the president gets a lot of attention and can call press meetings as required. Many voters don't understand that congress holds a lot of power and they are to busy incorrectly THINKING that it really matters when their party is in control in congress or as the president.

Ron Paul would be able to spread his word of "common sense" to the people unlike the candidates we have now that advertise for Big Corp or help keep the people distracted from the real criminals (congress/lobbyist). You need to first undo the years of brainwash that the voters have been taking then you can take control of congress. Congress will be much harder to take control because you only have a handful of un-purchased congressman and that is the lobbyist bread and butter.

No more propaganda with Ron Paul about having to use our tax payers money to purchase special interest products and services in the name of keeping us safer by being the world police.

No more propaganda to bailout the special interest multinational corps and banks,etc.

No more lack of financial responsibility within our goverment that it must keep growing at no cost regardless how much it costs it taxpayers.

No more thinking that goverment can micromanage you better than yourself.

the list can go one .............

That is where we need to start to get the people un-brainwashed by having a leader telling the truth.The truth is more dangerous to them then anything including any action within congress. Hence they don't like Ron Paul.
edit on 20-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I don't know how many decades it will take for people to put 2 & 2 together, the President does not have any REAL power, it is a people's puppet position, the top actor holding all the BS together in the public's minds.

The position of president of the united states is a title that holds tremendous power. The president now has the power to declare wars, use signing statements, and declare executive orders. They position supreme court justices during congressional recess. They literally appoint czars. They may order the assassination or indefinite detention of american citizens.

"Seperate but equal powers" is a figment of the past. The executive branch runs the show. They rule by fiat, which is lockstep with the definition of dictatorship.

The parties and corporations and donors spend BILLIONS just to "elect" this single seat. POTUS is a position of power and I think you know this to be true.
edit on 20-2-2012 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yes, and just like The Little Rascals they are a club who won't allow just anyone to join. RP will not be invited into their group, he already is being shunned to the point of obvious ridiculousness, they don't want him stirring the soup, so he won't get the chance. He can't win if they don't want him in the club. I don't know the man personally but it seems like he won't play big government ball, so he's just in there to appease us and keep our hopes up of this illusion of choice.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
IMO, the GOP has shown no desire to nominate Ron Paul and in fact has shown total desire to make him go away. His own party has been sabotaging his campaign from the beginning by saying he is unelectable , dangerous to barely acknowledging that he is even in the race.

first of all the GOP is NOT Paul's party. He is Libertarian.

So there is no way that they will let Ron Paul win it ,

secondly, Rothschild and the Illuminati
will never allow a Paul presidency.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

first of all the GOP is NOT Paul's party. He is Libertarian.

He has libertarian ideals and beliefs, but he is technically running as a Republican candidate in the GOP arena my friend. Secondly he is more Republican than any of the other GOP candidates who want bigger gov't, have voted for bigger gov't and bailouts,etc.... Ron Paul is the only fiscal conservative of the bunch. However. that is not for this thread and I suggest you open a "is Ron Paul a republican?" thread to further discuss if you please.

So there is no way that they will let Ron Paul win it ,

secondly, Rothschild and the Illuminati
will never allow a Paul presidency.

So just give up , uhm!

edit on 21-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So lets say Ron breaks away and starts a new party, this will do nothing with the media and vote counting discrimination going on. Being a new party as well, the risk of confusion, subversion and lack of organisation will be high, in the short term at least. If he started up a new party structure that was open, transparent and inclusive of the public utilising new technology tools it would provide a lot of support to his platform. The development and moderation of such a party is also a huge undertaking with many risks and technical issues to confront.

When I first heard about such an option my initial reaction was that it was a diversion tactic to diminish relations within the republican party and waste time and resources to harm his campaign. There is nothing wrong with exploring different options, but I do currently consider his best chance for the top job is with a major party as politics is not a high priority for average America.

If he was to start a new party then I would expect some support for him in this election, but would be very hard to get a majority of votes in the current political climate. Considering how the currents rounds are going though it is an option that I would keep on the table.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Him not being part of the two party system will ensure that he will not get elected. If you think he is being ignored now I can only imagine how little recognition he would get as a third party candidate.

He needs to stay in the GOP but he needs to put his cards on the table sooner rather than later so the people can begin to see the impact of him leaving the party.

Him saying that he is going to run as an independent is his last card that he has left to throw down. Even the hardcore republican political cheerleaders will have to see the impact this would cause the GOP (4 more years of obama).

It doesn't have to be done as as forceful tactic but next time the media asks him if he is running as an independent he should say that he believes in his message of being fiscally conservative and that non of the other candidates are true fiscal conservatives based on their voting records.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Whoever becomes president, instantly has control of the strongest military that has ever been. You dont consider that power?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
reply to post by interupt42

Whoever becomes president, instantly has control of the strongest military that has ever been. You dont consider that power?

It would be very difficult for the President to go to war without congress backing. Hence, Bush rallied the herd to go to Iraq.

However, my intention of the thread was not to really discuss who has the power but rather demonstrate to the previous poster that even if the POTUS has no power Ron Paul unlike the other candidates would be helpful in helping us get back control of our gov't by not using scare tactics and telling us the truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If RP announced he is going to run as a 3rd party, it could go either 1 of 2 ways. The GOP just gives up and backs Ron Paul, Knowing they cant win an election without his voters
or
label Ron Paul an enemy of the republican party for ruining their chances against Obama. And attack him worse then before.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator

If RP announced he is going to run as a 3rd party, it could go either 1 of 2 ways. The GOP just gives up and backs Ron Paul, Knowing they cant win an election without his voters
or
label Ron Paul an enemy of the republican party for ruining their chances against Obama. And attack him worse then before.

Yep, and the latter option will be more likely but we are already there.

However, if we go with option 1 we might have a chance for the gop political cheerleaders to realize that if we don't select Ron Paul we might lose votes that we can't afford to lose?

I would prefer to see how the delegate thing goes, but that is cutting it close because once they select their GOP candidate Ron Paul will disappear and won't even get a chance to say he is going independent.

new topics

top topics

join