It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's on the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this video has been posted before on ATS, however, I am aware that most YouTube videos don't go unnoticed by ATSers, and are used as these days *proof*

I'm posting this in hopes that someone with photo/video experience can give me a good idea what the 7 UFO's are flying next to the moon. Regardless of what most will say about this video.. it IS interesting to watch if it isn't the camera creating flares of some kind. I don't think this is conclusive proof that intelligence exists on our moon, but I will say it did flag my attention and that takes quite a bit these days after the crap threads posted in 'Aliens and UFOs' forum. Let the opinions fly. Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

maybe its LRO or GRAIL or another satellite science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I was going to start off with refracted light from moisture in the atmosphere, like ice particles. But object number 2 and others were visible in contrast with the surface of the moon, that can't be atmospheric distortion effects. Perhaps bugs, birds, I don't know, I got nothing besides those.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Quite an interesting video. Thank you OP

I know if I was the guy filming that, I'd be finding someone with a more powerful lens so I could get a closeup.

My assessment is leaning toward space junk. The amount of metallic debris up there is astounding and it looks to be catching the sunlight at just the right angle as it passes the outer edge of the moon.

It's difficult to tell though from the vid.. I wonder if anyone else has filmed anything similar with a higher magnification lens?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Could it be other satellites?

When it comes to space exploration we seem to forget there are countries other than the US and Russia with active space programs. Even then those countries space programs undoubtedly have secret probes / programs of their own.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Isn't this where someone would post a picture of the "hair" guy?

You know "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens".

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

Plausible.. but I don't think they can orbit the moon that fast, and even still, there isn't that many orbiting the moon.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I was going to start off with refracted light from moisture in the atmosphere, like ice particles. But object number 2 and others were visible in contrast with the surface of the moon, that can't be atmospheric distortion effects. Perhaps bugs, birds, I don't know, I got nothing besides those.

All good concepts.. but still (obviously imho) I am confident that it couldn't be bugs or birds because they seem to be refracting light from the sun and disappearing into the moons atmosphere.

Obviously though, I am no expert.. just writing down what my common sense is saying

edit on 20-2-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Could it be other satellites?

When it comes to space exploration we seem to forget there are countries other than the US and Russia with active space programs. Even then those countries space programs undoubtedly have secret probes / programs of their own.

Yea there's another thread on ATS right now about China's images which brought me to this video. I wonder if China or any other country wouldn't expose NASA's quote unquote "lies" by showing better images

The Other Thread
edit on 20-2-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Isn't this where someone would post a picture of the "hair" guy?

You know "I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens".

ask and you receive

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What an interesting clip! I've been looking at the Moon for decades and never seen anything like that!

The video was shot before dark, so it could be birds, but they'd have to be a long way away to appear that small, so I'm doubtful although the possibility remains.

Anything orbiting the Earth (satellites, space junk etc) would appear to travel in a straight line - so that's counted out.

Satellies orbiting the Moon would be too small to see with any Earth based telescope so it can't be that. Which means that if the objects were near the Moon they would have to be absolutely enormous!
edit on 20/2/12 by Insomniac because: typos

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

...Just a standard twice monthly convey of resupply triangles to the Moon.
Wouldn't you think?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

This has been discussed before.

This is actually a very plausible explanation, but take a moisture drop out of the atmosphere and into the camera lens assembly and no matter where the moisture drop appears there will always be an edge reflecting the dark space looking like a shadow on the moon. When in reality there isn't anything flying around the moon at this scale. I did a pedestrian calculation on what size these things would be if actually around the moon by using the known diameter of the moon, finding the number of pixels the entire diameter is in a digital image, and then measuring the size of the dots and they come out to be 15 miles in diameter on average. Now if you believe there are crafts that are 15 miles in diameter flying around the moon and it isn't the buzz in the astronomical community then I can't do much better than this to dispel the notion that these are anything other than atmospheric distortion or moister in the lens assembly.

Images downsized from capture size to fit here, and due to blur only estimates can be determined, but illustrates the approximate size of the bodies if they were at the moon, the ridiculous size, like the size of an average comet! Of course even with the blur, and absolute pixel count, the size comparison cn't be 10X off, more like within 5% maximum off.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Lol traveling at that speed I guess they are spending a decent amount of energy to stay in orbit....lol. Never mind that joke is lost on anyone who is ignorant enough to bother considering this idiotic video is even worth looking into.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Good observation .. I didn't take into account the physics aspect of descension. Well like I said the video didn't "appear" to observe rain but there is no sound so..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

IMO best explanation so far
I what other thread was this explained in? Did it have to do with this video or something similar?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

That's about it, in fact that video has been scalped, or there is another longer video by the same uploader showing much more of the same effect.

Here's a similar but not exactly the same effect, perhaps due to the deeper contrast. Watch out for the aircraft, and the birdie too,

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-2-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

It was this thread, 'UFOs or Space Junk Near the Surface of the Moon?', went on for 16 pages. I think the exact same video.

join