It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan State Police Target Veterans For Recruiting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Alot of people have been talking about the military and the police lately so I thought this would be relevant. It seems that the Michigan State Police are actively targeting veterans to boost their recruitment numbers.

www.freep.com...

LANSING -- The director of the Michigan State Police, preparing to recruit significant numbers of troopers for the first time in decades, is putting out a welcome mat for veterans returning from military duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"If you ever go through a recruit school, you can always tell those that have been in the military," Col. Kriste Kibbey Etue told the Free Press in an interview.

"They know how to march, they know how to shine their shoes and they have that whole demeanor that's already ingrained in them."

So what does everyone think?

MODS: if this needs to be moved somewhere else, feel free, thanks.
edit on 20/2/12 by usmc0311 because: Title Change.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Police and Military are two separate entities for a reason.

Not much more to say to that. There is a reason the military looks the way they do at a civilian...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm fairly sure (correct me if I'm wrong), a lot of veterans become police officers? I know that the police I've met here in Michigan, some as long as 15 years ago, were veterans.

I never thought it was that big of a surprise that veterans became police officers. Seems like a likely career choice.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is an entirely appropriate rebranding of skills, and a much smarter use of those skills than most other options.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
This is an entirely appropriate rebranding of skills, and a much smarter use of those skills than most other options.

Agreed. I'm 9 years US Army, definitely don't like the police state that is coming into place or the militarization of our police forces. However, that being said, returning vets need jobs, and as you so eloquently put it, it's an "entirely appropriate rebranding of skills." Peace...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I thought this was already common practice, to be honest. Military vets are used to the discipline and have a lot of the training that makes cop work seem like a walk in the park probably.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's also probably part of the program that Obama is implementing to hire more veterans. Since veteran unemployment is higher than the national average.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I thought this was already common practice, to be honest. Military vets are used to the discipline and have a lot of the training that makes cop work seem like a walk in the park probably.

Its is a most cops I know are vets.

top topics

join