It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Approves 30,000 Spy Drones Over America As US Police State Tightens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by Xtrozero
SWEET! I fly drones, so this means job security....

Long term job security!

This article is a sham, from what I can see...

(3) DEADLINE.—The plan required under paragraph (1)
shall provide for the safe integration of civil unmanned aircraft
systems into the national airspace system as soon as practicable,
but not later than September 30, 2015.

They aren't even expecting a plan until the end of 2012.

Actually it goes in waves...

Like 10 or 12 pounds UAVs by end of 2012 then 55 pounds by, I think, 2014. It is all about the FAA getting off their butts and figuring out how to regulate them. The one I fly right now is about 50 pounds and can fly 20 plus hours on a few gallons of gas...would be excellent for border patrol unlike the Predator which is equal to delivering news papers with a Ferrari.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
So its acceptable to fly drones in other countries without their permission but not in the USA?

FAA is not in other countries....also many other countries are well ahead of the US in regulating drones, but ya it is ok to fly them anywhere as long as you are the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Any other country would do the same if they could...

Tell me of a country that has the capabilities and doesn't....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
Don't suppose any of you boys have Iranian friends?
You may want to check out their Drone management program.

As for mr drone operator ... you're the problem.

Why? you think it is all about some NWO bull....its like saying the cops are the problem, and many believe that. I have saved many lives with my work... BTW, and 99% of the drone stories about what they do and how much is all bull anyways...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
as this keeps coming up... I really don't see these things being taken out by a radio-controlled missile, a hunting rifle, etc.

At about $22 million apiece for next-generation UAVs (the so-called Reaper and Sky Warrior), the drones are increasingly a weapon of choice for military planners.

They fly above our ability to see or hear them and at $22 million each they sure as hell better have some protection against incoming threats. So you can't see them, hear them, or track them on radar... might be a little tough to kill.

Source

Lol those drones and others like the preditor can already fly in the USA...they are basically planes. AND I don't think the Government will want to waste a 22 mil asset on the likes of anyone here...geez

The one I fly is only a few 1000 above the ground and you still can't see ot hear it...

Good luck in shooting it down since no one in the world has yet....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
These would have to be large enough drones to interfere with air traffic, hence the FAA involvement. I still don't see anything that would in the FAA budget that would warrant such a sensationalist headline like "Congress approves 30,000 spy drones". Sounds like grounds for a hoax claim.

I doubt that very small, handheld drones would require any regulation like this. I'm less concerned about those big drones, than I am about the proliferation of the small drones especially if they're operated by something other than the police/military (in other words, private corporate interests)

From one of the companies now specializing in UAV surveillance systems for domestic spying;
cyberaerospace.com

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Hmmm, the cops don't have exclusive rights to bomb women and children without ANY oversight, which is what you do, in foreign countries against which you aren't even technically at war? Just more collateral??

And as for Mr Black Marketeer, it's all ok so long as normal citizens can't have them? IOW, only those who brown nose for government contracts? We call them shills, cowards and scum.

And of course, none of you think it's wrong, plain old morally wrong?

Oh wait, you're giving up our freedoms for your (job) security ... cute.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Hmmm, the cops don't have exclusive rights to bomb women and children without ANY oversight, which is what you do, in foreign countries against which you aren't even technically at war? Just more collateral??

And as for Mr Black Marketeer, it's all ok so long as normal citizens can't have them? IOW, only those who brown nose for government contracts? We call them shills, cowards and scum.

And of course, none of you think it's wrong, plain old?

Oh wait, you're giving up our freedoms for your (job) security ... cute.

I know you hear about the Predator mostly, but they are the few compared to what UAVs are all about. You are right in your thoughts, but the cops will not be using an attack UAV, they can't afford one even if they wanted too or somehow got the rights to.

What they will use though are small 30 minutes to an hour flight time ones that can be launched quickly and can follow perpetrators, and/or scan areas for needed intelligence for whatever the condition warrants its use. That use will be very limited though, but extremely helpful to them. These are the 10 pounders...

55 pounders are mostly gas power and have a much longer stare time...20 hours plus, but they are also somewhat limited. They will normally only carry one camera so you would have EO in the day and IR at night. These cannot carry anything but camera and gas, so once again the missile firing drone is something on a much larger scale, and the missle firing ones can fly in the US right now, because they are treated like real aircraft not drones.

Let me ask you...

Is flying in a plane or helocopter with cameras morally wrong?

If it is what is so wrong about it or if it is ok what then make UAVs wrong? 100% of my missions have been scanning roads for IED placements, Following convoys looking ahead and to the sides for ambushes, following patrols through towns doing the same, supporting troops under fire to identify sniper placements etc. That is it...it's called Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance or ISR.

In the states you would get much the same, but in our case you would get an extremely cost effective way to truly monitor our borders. In this case you could, day or night, follow anyone crossing into America and follow them for 1/2 a day to have a bus waiting to pick them up to take them back for a few gallons of gas.
Cops would launch smaller ones or have one already in the air to support them on high speed chases, as in they would no longer need to chase just follow the car until it parked then get them, follow suspects on foot, scan around buildings etc. Somewhat limited, but extremely valuable in the right situations.

Industries can use them too for security of their businesses and even some neighborhoods who might want that type of security to help keep where their kids play safer.

What you might envision is most likely illegal before or after they are able to fly more openly and so is not really a part of all this.

And finally after this is passed it gives any citizen the right to own and operate them....so much for the Mr. Blackmarketeer scenario.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They could also be being used as an anti-missile grid. There must be a hidden threat coming from somewhere maybe Iran, Russia or China who can park a submarine outside of America waters and launch hundreds of missiles into America.

30,000 combat drones in the skies at any one time would provide for the best Sky Net defense system at a relatively cheap price.

If a missile from a hidden source is launched at America the combat drone is simply re-routed to intercept the missile before it finds its target.

A few months ago Iran said that it would be sending it's Navy towards America to sit in international waters. Given the fact that Iran continues to want to blow Israel off of the map the only way to do so is too first render America neutral in defense of Israel.

So maybe those combat drones flying high overhead are being used as counter-missile system to protect Americans. I could care less if a combat drone flies over my house, I am not doing anything illegal.

What I would be concerned about is a terrorist group purchasing parts to assemble a remote control helicopted or balsa airplane where they could then use the device to distribute small amounts of poison gas into a small community.

Remember that movie with Nicholas Cage where the poison gas was contained within small jelly balls the size of a golf ball? That type of technology to create those types of jelly balls is possible.

All the terrorist need do is find a secluded location in a wooded area to launch their model helicopter from that would then deliver the jelly ball into another location of the intended target area. The helicopter is then retrieved thus making it almost impossible to track the attacker.

The days of terrorists using planes and trucks filled with explosives to cause terror on a large scale is over with.

I would expect them to use small scale vehicles to launch their attacks which would cause even more panic and widespread terror than using a 747.

I have taken NBC Warfare Schooling along with Counter-Terrorism MCI courses when I served in USMC and I
know what I am talking about.

$300 to $1000 for a the helicopter or model plane kit, $200 for the optics to visually guide the bomber to the target. The jelly balls would be supplied by the country, like Iran or Syria, who would then pay the bomber a few thousand dollars for their service.

By having those drones in the air could possibly thwart a terrorist attack or defend against a missile attack.

Unless your doing something illegal that is against REAL laws and not personal laws or rules then what are you concerned about?
edit on 22-2-2012 by Dryson because: Because the post needed editing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This bill was introduced by republicans and co sponsored by even more republicans, I haven't looked up the votes in the House or Senate but here is the list of law makers who sponsored this bill and co sponsored this bill:

Rep Mica, John L. Republican sponser of this bill

Co sponcers:
Rep Barletta, Lou Republican
Rep Bucshon, Larry Republican
Rep Capito, Shelley Moore Republican
Rep Coble, Howard Republican
Rep Cohen, Steve Democrat
Rep Cravaack, Chip Republican
Rep Denham, Jeff Republican
Rep Farenthold, Blake Republican
Rep Gibbs, Bob Republican
Rep Graves, Sam Republican
Rep Guinta, Frank C.Republican
Rep Hanna, Richard L.Republican
Rep Hultgren, Randy Republican
Rep Lankford, James Republican
Rep Long, Billy Republican
Rep Meehan, Patrick Republican
Rep Miller, Gary G Republican
Rep Petri, Thomas E. Republican
Rep Reed, Tom Republican
Rep Rokita, Todd Republican
Rep Shuster, Bill Republican
Rep Southerland, Steve Republican
Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. Republican
Rep Young, Don Republican

The party of smaller government has nothing better to do than to expand government control and surveillance of the citizens of the USA. I can imagine a rise in jay walking tickets issued from our glorious drone overseers.

This is just another bill in a long line of bills that's are draconian in nature and unconstitutional, and most are sponsored by Republicans and voted into law by Republicans. I wonder if congress even cares that they have a 11% approval rating.

It wasn't my intention to bring up the 2 party crap into this, but it is what it is, and all of these unneeded bills/laws coming from congress is brought to you by the Republican party.
edit on 22-2-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
these may be the same drones capable of not just spying on but NEUTRALIZING people systematically.

kind of like the war of the worlds they fly over our cities puverizing us by the hundreds, eventually.

well, that IS the direction our government's ultimately headed, at this rate.

first drone killings of US citizens abroad,

now right over US soil.

depop!

perhaps drones are the reason for increased UFO sightings already.

do drones produce a contrail?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
your best bet at taking them out would be drone-to-drone combat.
attach a 50.cal to the front of your homemade drone,
maybe an electric net(sci-fi?) or tarp, something to cover up or dismantle the drone's sensors.

in 1000 years, American history is going to be riddled with absolute craziness, trying to imagine it can get seriously twisted at some points. we have the potential to be alive during the times of bombed out high tech facilities, empty cities....complete sci-fi...

I have nothing positive to add. Other then we shouldn't be doing anything remotely close to this.

and if they want to go ahead and do this..., we should be granted the natural right to defy this crap.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
30,000 Drones being provided by Fed to local police depts? incl Texas "RANGERS"

coming soon to a city near you:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join