It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooooo I woke up Saturday morning with...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about this! I have no idea what it could be, but my prayers are with you! Waiting is one of the hardest parts. Big Hug!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

YES! I have been experiencing the exact same thing - I've lost my range of motion...had the same stupid blood work done - came back "fine"...so you know what I did? I started trying different things...and am currently taking 5 drops of Lugols Iodine in my coffee first thing in the am...and I've also purchased the Himalayan pink salt to make a solution of Sole. Why? You ask? Well, after countless hours in the net searching for my own answers, I learned that the majority of us all are iodine deficient! the blood work they do to test your thyroid is insufficent! A few days ago I rubbed a 2x2 patch of iodine tincture on my underarm and did this for a few days - the energy I had was incredible! I lifted pieces of furniture I haven't been able to lift for a long time. I went on to purchase Lugols 2% iodine. I am on my 2nd day and my Sole water will hopefully be ready within a day or two. Do the research - it's out there to be found. Flourdine, Bromine (in bread) and countless other not-so-healthy things we consume has robbed us of our idodine. The result I am feeling from Lugols is amazing, to say the least. I can already move my left arm almost full motion again - note, I have also begun taking (about 3 weeks now) Melalueka's chondroitin...and am going to be purchasing their vitamins here shortly...I dont want to introduce everything all at once...so I can monitor what has been working best for me. Feel free to PM me with any questions....it really has been a lifesaver...good luck!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sooooooo I woke up sundau morning with...
A boner!!!

Sorry just thought I'd try to give you a good laugh, always helpes me...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

yeahhhhh...unfortunately, I'm not equipped with that...but hey !! Good for you! LOLLOL. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I just got a call from the doctor's office.

I have rheumatoid arthritis. At only 30 years old.

I so wish I was kidding..

edit on 21-2-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I have really bad chronic shouler pain. I used to have to take 2-4 aleve a day and it still didn't do the trick. I had heard about cherry juice helping to lubricate the joints so I gave it a try and it works. The pain is about 80% reduced and I only have to take the aleve in the morning befor work.

Try it out, you can probably get some from a Wegmans if you have them in your area or a natural foods store. If it works out for you, you can get it in bulk from Sam's club for $22 a case.

Tart cherry juice for joint pain

A friend of my husband was seeing a doctor for joint pain in his shoulders. Another patient at the clinic suggested he try tart cherry juice. Thinking it couldn't hurt, and would taste better than any medicines he was taking, he tried it. After two weeks his pain had eased and his range of motion greatly improved. My father is having arthritis pain in his knees, and I LOVE cherries, so I decided to research the topic.

I was amazed to find tart cherries really can help with joint pain from arthritis and other inflammation (like gout), heart disease, diabetes, weight gain and sleep problems.

Michigan produces between 70 and 75 percent of the tart cherries grown in the United States, so it’s not unusual to find universities in the state studying them. In separate studies, the University of Michigan and Michigan State found many health benefits from tart cherries.

Tart cherries contain antioxidants that block oxidation, protecting cells from free radicals. So, what's a free radical and why is oxidation bad? A free radical is a cell that is missing an oxygen molecule. They steal oxygen molecules from healthy cells, speeding up aging. The major antioxidants in tart cherries are anthocyanins. These flavonoids provide all the brilliant colors of nature - flowers, fruit, vegetables, and the myriad colors of autumn. Other antioxidants delivered by tart cherries include melatonin and vitamins A, C and E.

Researchers at Michigan State University found that tart cherries inhibit Cyclooxygenase 1 and 2 (COX 1 and 2) enzymes, preventing inflammation in joints. They work very much like NSAIDs, but the cherries actually protect against stomach inflammation. Even better outcomes can be achieved when the cherries are taken together with glucosamine and chondroitin. The glucosamine and chondroitin build cartilage and lubricate joints, while the tart cherries provide pain relief.

The only drawback is they aren't kidding when they call it TART cherry. Its very bitter, like drinking cherry pie filling but, if you down it quickly, it isn't too bad. Only a glass a day made a big difference for me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I'm so sorry. I had a feeling when you posted that it was RA, because it is sneaky like that. One day you're fine, the next day your body turns on itself and you can't do the things you did before. Pain and limitation become your life. HOWEVER...there are things you can do, supplements and vitamins, diet choices and exercise, which will keep it at bay once this initial flare-up is over. Feel free to U2U me if you want to know more.

There are thousands of us out there living with this. At first I thought my life was over. I laid in bed for 6 months on narcotics and thought my life was over. I had two young children that I couldn't pick up or even put barretts in their hair anymore. I was depressed beyond belief.

Once I got over that, and realized the doctors couldn't help me, I decided to fight back. You can too. It isn't the end of your life, it only means that you have a cross to bear that is manageable. If you use facebook, check out the RA Chicks page.

BTW, your doctor will be offering you strong drugs which will help in the short term, but do so by crushing your immune system. All these drugs do is hide the symptoms. As a trade-off, there is a chance of cancer or fungal infections of the brain. Be aware there are natural ways to fight this, you don't have to go the dangerous pharma route....but only you can decide what is best for you. I have lived with this for 13 years, and if you have questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Sweety, when you get past the shock and grief at your body's betrayal go on the attack, FissionSurplus has some things it won't hurt you to listen to. Check out that facebook page they recommend and pm them. This is something you can manage and live with. Continuing to pray for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

[color=dodgerblue]I am so upset at the fact that I am still so young. I know I should try to remain calm (yeah right.. I am a ball of anxiety as it is) until I know how bad it is.

I can't believe how incredibly awful I feel. It seriously hurts to do just about everything and I cannot imagine feeling this way for the rest of my life.

I'll know more soon because I am researching it now. Hopefully I will have the right questions ready when I go back to the doctor. For now I guess we are just trying to get the inflammation down between now and my next appointment. 5 days of prednisone then back to the naproxen I guess.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

[color=dodgerblue]I am in research mode now.

I also found out that it runs in my family only none of them were diagnosed until they were much older. But my Grams said they all faired pretty well. So I am hoping it will be that way for me.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I am in research mode now.

Good! that's the spirit. Your tough and feisty and that is gonna help you enormously! Keep us updated please.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Of course you're upset!! To be told that you have an incurable autoimmune disorder which will progressively destroy your joints, along with some internal destruction, is shocking, upsetting, and you are having to deal with this while you are in such pain that every little movement makes you wince.

However, the first flare-up is usually the worst. Plus, you were feeling fine just a little while ago, so the contrast is especially difficult. If you start to take care of yourself now, subsequent flare-ups will not be so horrible. Your posts brought me back to 1999, and I can still remember how much pain I was in, and how people around me said, "But you look fine". Yeah, whatever, you can appear to "look fine" and still hurt like hell. Simple things like holding a full coffee pot to pour coffee in the morning, or getting up from a sitting position, are painful. Things that most people take for granted, like getting up in the morning and not limping because your feet feel like they've been beaten with a 2 X 4, become a distant dream. Small movements like trying to clasp a necklace or bracelet, opening a jar, putting your shoes on, become a real pain.

I was angry, I felt cheated, and I asked God, "WHY ME??"

Hang in there, and know these things: You are stronger than you realize, tougher that you thought possible, and your disease will teach you humility, compassion, and an appreciation for the little things that you used to take for granted. You will learn patience, and your research will teach you much. You are not alone, not only because it runs in your family, but because of the thousands of us out there, living with it, fighting it, and thriving in spite of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGuyFawkes

maybe its Fibromyalgia

en.wikipedia.org...

Star for you I was about to say the same thing. My sister has that and it's painful all throughout your body, if you have injuries too that extra inflammation and arthritis just adds more to the pain. I too have inflammation from an old back and ankle injury. I tried doctor prescribed Naproxen and it's absolutely worthless, nothing changed for me after a month of taking it. They say it's like Aleve. Actually the Aleve you buy in the store is way better and the liquid pills kicks in way fast. Dones back pain pills worked good for me as well, but I have trouble finding it anymore.
edit on 21-2-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

[color=dodgerblue]The fact that I know there isn't a cure and that is almost definitely going to get worse... is hard.

I have always been a reasonably healthy person.. I am rarely sick and aside from a slight case of scoliosis, have always been in very good shape.

I wonder if this will affect the scoliosis?

I am still working on absorbing it all. To be honest I think I am still kind of in shock.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The fact that I know there isn't a cure and that is almost definitely going to get worse... is hard.

not strictly true, i was in your position once. when i first got RA i couldnt walk, but within 10 years it was completely gone.
it affects people differently so pls dont think too negatively.

edit on 21-2-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

That depends on how old you are when you get it. If you got it as a child or young teenager, sometimes it goes into complete remission. My hairdresser had it as a child, now is perfectly fine.

Getting it as an adult is something completely different. It certainly helps to think positively, but I am curious as to how old you were when you were first diagnosed.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]Extremely painful joints throughout my entire body. Mostly my knees, elbows, hands and feet.

I don't feel sick. No fever or any other symptoms except for being tired, but that's normal for me. My fingers are also really swollen.

I don't understand how I can go from being totally fine one day, to being pretty much disabled the next. I can't pick up my two year old, I can't sit, can't stand, hurts to drive, hurts to put my shoes on... everything just hurts. I am only 30 years old. I am normally very healthy. Rarely sick. Very active. Etc...

I went to the doctor today.. and had some blood work done. They are testing for Lupus, Kidney disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Thyroid Levels and also doing the standard CBC that they always do. So naturally, being the anxiety-ridden person that I am, I am kind of freaking out. Some of those are pretty scary...

Has anyone had or heard of anything similar?

I don't understand how something like this just happens literally overnight.

Any input, information or advice can't hurt at this point..

The doc gave me Naproxen and a muscle relaxer to help me until the test results come back..
edit on 20-2-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

look around, the whole planet is polluted. don't be surprised.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join