It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sooooo I woke up Saturday morning with...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Extremely painful joints throughout my entire body. Mostly my knees, elbows, hands and feet.

I don't feel sick. No fever or any other symptoms except for being tired, but that's normal for me. My fingers are also really swollen.

I don't understand how I can go from being totally fine one day, to being pretty much disabled the next. I can't pick up my two year old, I can't sit, can't stand, hurts to drive, hurts to put my shoes on... everything just hurts. I am only 30 years old. I am normally very healthy. Rarely sick. Very active. Etc...

I went to the doctor today.. and had some blood work done. They are testing for Lupus, Kidney disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Thyroid Levels and also doing the standard CBC that they always do. So naturally, being the anxiety-ridden person that I am, I am kind of freaking out. Some of those are pretty scary...

Has anyone had or heard of anything similar?

I don't understand how something like this just happens literally overnight.

Any input, information or advice can't hurt at this point..

The doc gave me Naproxen and a muscle relaxer to help me until the test results come back..
edit on 20-2-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Fukashima!

gotta be..

everything in life has changed since then..

Even i feel odd lately, lot's of rain..

been feeling sickly too..

I never get sick or even feel badd or tired..

but lately i have been...

scares me....and nothing scares me...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It will pass. Naproxen won't do nothing. It's a waste of time to even take that pill. They give me that for my back aches, and doesn't do a thing for me. Hope you feel better.

I usually feel like that with the weather changes. Or when we get a bad storm. If you ever had surgery, it's probably why you feel like that. I had a full back surgery and have 2 metal rods in my back. And every time with a weather change, I feel the same way as you do now.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that brother, I can relate to what you're going through.
A year ago, I busted my back at work and i've just started working full time a week ago, and just like you,
I was totally fine one day ( actually I had never been so much in shape ) and then boom.
Wake up the next day and had trouble doing ANYthing.

Don't despair brother ( or sister? ), surround yourself with people who love you and most of all keep strong and keep your hopes up! This just life throwing you a challenge, so take it up front, grab the bull by the horns and fight!!

I send you much Love
Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
My father actually had, pretty much, the exact same symptoms 5-6 years ago. He was in his mid-50's at the time and was hospitalized for about a week while numerous tests were done on him...including a spinal tap.

While the doctors were never able to come up with an answer to what was ailing him, he did eventually recover fully. It just seemed to pass and he has continued living the same active lifestyle he did before it happened.

I hope that it turns out the same for you. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

maybe its Fibromyalgia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That is how it happened for me, and for many other people I have talked to. One day I was a normal wife and mother of two kids in my 30s, and one the next morning I wake up and I am sick. Exhausted, hands swollen and painful, feet hurt to walk on first thing in the morning, foggy-brained, and my skin hurt all over. I felt sure that I was dying, because nobody just wakes up one morning and feels like that without death being close behind.

Long story short, I went through all the lupus and RA tests. No lupus, and RA factor was negative, so they slapped a diagnosis of "fibromyalgia" on me (which is a catch-all for doctors when they have no fricking idea what's wrong with you, but it is obviously an autoimmune problem).

Thirteen years later, my finger joints are deforming, and they have now determined that it is negative rheumatoid factor arthritis, or RA minus the blood factor.

If this is truly what is wrong with you, don't panic. Your life will not be over by any stretch of the imagination, but you will be knocked down for a while until you figure out that you must change your diet, exercise, stress level, and vitamin / supplement intake. Don't fall for the pharmaceuticals you may be offered, other than something to help you sleep. Narcotics, Cymbalta, Lyrica, and "biologicals" that kill your immune system will only make it worse in the long run.

I personally believe that the epidemic of autoimmune disorders, particularly among women, are due to a weaponized mycoplasma. The little suckers hide in cells and use the energy molecules that your mitochondria crank out for optimal cell function. I believe it was created in a lab, and it uses the estrogen pathways, hence the preponderance of women who "suddenly" lose their health and become sick for the rest of their life. Mycoplasma can cause everything from fibromyalgia to RA to lupus to scleroderma to multiple sclerosis to AIDS. It is all in how your body deals with it.

If this is not your problem, my apologies, but your description of just waking up one day with these symptoms sounds just like what I went through in 1999. Best of luck to you in any case.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

[color=dodgerblue]Definitely not a brother...

Thanks for the reply...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i feel for you,i hope everything works out for you.
just throwing this out ther,but have you gotten a shock recently? tthat will certainly have that affect.usually shortly after it happens though.
i recently broke 3 ribs & cracked 4 others in a nasty fall i had in early dec.(merry xmas!:@@

they are still very sore! especially when i wake up,so i can sympathize.
i've cracked many a rib,and it has never taken this long to heal.
any way chin up eh! we'll be thinkin of ya

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

[color=dodgerblue]That's exactly what the doctor said he suspected...

Not that I get to choose my diagnosis, but I don't want it to be that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy one of my friends moms had it, horrible thing to go through, also from nw ohio
if you live near sandusky county could be the water alot of weird illness around there
edit on 20-2-2012 by TheGuyFawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

[color=dodgerblue]I just can't believe that it can literally happen overnight like that.

I really don't think I have fibro because I have no muscle pain or the sensitivity to touch that you hear about..

I am concerned about my kidneys as I had some abnormal blood tests in the past and many kidney stones in recent years.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hey Daryl,

Make sure your doctor tests you for Lyme disease. Try to remember if you were bitten by a tick in the past few years (although I hear fleas may be able to spread it?) When I had it my symptoms developed over time but dramatically worsened later on. Fatigue and joint pain are very common symptoms of the disease but a course of antibiotics should be perfectly effective. From what I understand the frequency of people in the US getting this disease is on the rise. Especially (but not limited to) residents of the east coast. To tie this into the ATS forum. The theory tends to be that a nazi scientist who was relocated to the states after WW2 was hired to run the biological weapon and infectious disease program at Plum Island. They were experimenting with using biological warfare with ticks. And Lyme disease was born,
Anyway yes make sure you get that checked in your blood work because advanced lyme disease can include anything from organ troubles (even failure) to Bells Palsy. Both of which I had the joy of experiencing as I was stricken with it before it was commonly known in the medical community. NOTE: Don't get all freaked out as you mentioned you are in your post! 99% of our worst fears never come to fruition

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

[color=dodgerblue]Nope... no injuries or any changes.

Everything is pretty much the same. Stressful with two little boys, college... etc.

Thanks for the reply (:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I went to my doc with the same..all my joints hurt terribly...after all the same tests as you, he was able to confirm that I'm getting old

You gonna be fine I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

[color=dodgerblue]But I don't want to be old yet! I have only just turned 30.

How old do you have to be to considered old these days?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Apparently 38 is my old...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Hahaha my bad! Typing on an iPhone, I didn't see your avatar.

Peace and much Love SISTER
( there, got it right.)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by type0civ

[color=dodgerblue]But I don't want to be old yet! I have only just turned 30.

How old do you have to be to considered old these days?

Sweet Pea...I'm 61, and not old yet. But, around 30 is the age, my immune system started to change. Never had certain allergies before that age, did develop some after hitting 30. It is part of the aging process, and your genes/hereditary history. A few modifications in diet helped me. The pain and swelling in your joints, are a symptom of your immune system out of balance.

Inflammation is generally the first sign you'll experience. You feel that in joints, swelling in general. Good you are being tested for all the things associated with your symptoms. It might be as simple as adjusting your diet and augmenting with an increase of certain supplements our bodies tend to start slowing down in production of.

To reiterate...at 61 I still jog, play, farm a herd of goats, run my own business and can still turn an eye.....You are doing fine...

Des

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My mother has kidney disease. Your symptoms don't square with kidney disease, and I sure hope that's not what you have. I'd rather have what I have.

Kidney disease symptoms include:
-Swelling all over, including your face, legs, feet, hands, belly.
-Unexplained weight loss
-Constant need to urinate but hardly anything comes out, and the urine that does come out is dark-colored.
-Extreme fatigue
-Skin rash and / or intense itchiness
-Metallic taste in the mouth and ammonia breath
-Nausea and vomiting
-Shortness of breath
-Feeling cold all the time
-Dizziness and trouble concentrating
-Blurry vision
-Leg and flank pain on the side of the failing kidney
-Slow-healing bruises
-Loss of feeling or tingling in feet

Kidney disease is a bad deal and a dead-end road. I sure hope that isn't what you have!!!

<<   2 >>

join