It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab grown meat is comming!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detour
a down side to this:

Just how many farmers will go
out of business when there meat
is no longer required ???

I know for sure the price of the meat
will not go down at the counter.

stealing from the lil man and
giving to the big man

How many farmers are feeding 3rd world countries?

Think bigger man, it's not just about you and joe at the butchers.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
What a waste of biotercvhnology. If they could grow steaks in a lab, they could use the same technology to grow replacement limbs and organs made to order.

You cant eat a limb made for gracie harvie at 205 laboucher road, you know.

You can eat a non specific slab of meat, however.

And gracies limb is grown to her specific genetic acceptance (ie; she wont reject her limb) where as bambi is grown as a muscle to be slices into generic steaks.

Your saying, "Why cant we use nellys front hoof to give poor betty a new leg!!"

I wish people could read

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Originally posted by eywadevotee
What a waste of biotercvhnology. If they could grow steaks in a lab, they could use the same technology to grow replacement limbs and organs made to order.

An excellent point!

The same technology, different application, and is definatly the future.

Deserving of its own thread....

Korg.

Yo!

Heard of stem cell research?

I hope so, because thats what you're talking about dude. Sadly too many "Tink of the childen!!" folk are all a twitter (before there was twitter, that was a real phrase) about it!

So, get on stem cell research and instead of cows giving us new steaks, your kids can have a new lung.

Yay technology.. Booo religion.

edit on 22-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Been talking about the slow progress of this technology for years.

Cant wait for my T-rex burger with cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Been talking about the slow progress of this technology for years.

Cant wait for my T-rex burger with cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooaaa I can imagine a challenge to eat it all there.....

But actually you hit on something there. Because traditional meat can be grown in the lab, but what about meat that tastes of other things??

Korg,

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Just imagine if they found some of jesus's imaginary DNA.

We could all really be eating his flesh then.... i bet the catholic church would have a soulgasm and fall over.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am against Genetically modified stuff to eat or drink.
I only eat and drink what mother nature can provide on her own.
Yet if it is true that we have massive food shortages, then this would be helpful. Only one thing, no company is out there that has the best interest for you. And I do not believe for a second we have food shortages, just imbalanced wealth distribution.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Then there is the meat it's self.... Fancy a kobe beef style steak with all the taste and texture with zero calories, zero colesterol, but high in vitamin c and Polyphenols.

Or what about a chocolate flavored chicken breast?? The sky is the limit.

Good god, what are you talking about?! Of course the meat will still have calories and cholesterol! Are you insane?! There's still going to be calories in lab grown meat, proteins and carbohydrates and fats all still contain calories, and meats are kind of, you know, made out of proteins and all that good stuff.

I doubt you could make a chocolate flavored chicken breast, unless you added chocolate to it. The chicken will still taste like chicken, but with a slight chocolate flavor. That's rather disgusting to think about.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vieri

Then there is the meat it's self.... Fancy a kobe beef style steak with all the taste and texture with zero calories, zero colesterol, but high in vitamin c and Polyphenols.

Or what about a chocolate flavored chicken breast?? The sky is the limit.

Good god, what are you talking about?! Of course the meat will still have calories and cholesterol! Are you insane?! There's still going to be calories in lab grown meat, proteins and carbohydrates and fats all still contain calories, and meats are kind of, you know, made out of proteins and all that good stuff.

I doubt you could make a chocolate flavored chicken breast, unless you added chocolate to it. The chicken will still taste like chicken, but with a slight chocolate flavor. That's rather disgusting to think about.

Goodness.... where's you imagination??

If you can grow a steak in the lab using stem cells to recreate a steak based upon dna information, you can alter or create your own dna information to alter what it is you are growing.

You should check this out for a flavour (pun intended) of what I mean....

BBC NEWS: Green Mice Boosts Genetic Engineering.

All the best,

Korg.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join