It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Press TV signals jammed in Europe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Press TV is a target.

They are being routinely jammed in Europe.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49PM GMT -- PressTV, Iran

Press TV viewers in Europe say the frequent attacks last three to four minutes each time.

Some reports indicate that the news channel’s online stream is also targeted at the same time as jamming signals disrupt the broadcast of the channel.

Italian viewers said Saturday was the fifth consecutive day of “Press TV signal black-out in Italy.”

“Today (Saturday) was the worst day of all - almost all day no signal - neither on Satellite TV, nor online streaming,” one Italian viewer said.

This is not the first time that Iran’s television waves have come under attack. Last month, the signals for the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) channels on Hotbird were jammed from Bahrain.

Jamming signals have been reportedly interrupting the broadcast of Press TV, Iran’s 24-hour English-language news channel, in various locations across Europe.

Now just WHO is doing this and WHY ??

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Someone who is sick of seeing the world spoon fed lies. Remember V? He interrupted the newscast to organise a protest. This blocking is simply a protest. And it's Avalessa approved

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa

Someone who is sick of seeing the world spoon fed lies. Remember V? He interrupted the newscast to organise a protest. This blocking is simply a protest. And it's Avalessa approved

Well Foxnews is also proven spoonfeeding us lies, and they are not the only ones either. At least PressTV was spoonfeeding from the other end of the spectrum, to serve as a counterbalance, which is nice, as the truth is often hidden somewhere in the middle.

Also i have seen far less proven lies from PressTV than from FoxNews, although i admit that might have something to do with the popularity difference between the two...

edit on 20-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Explained in this thread

I just skimmed but it looks like they just lost their license.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Explained in this thread

I just skimmed but it looks like they just lost their license.

OOps !

sorry Professional.

.... please see the other thread ^^

MODS, please close this one.

edit on Feb-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Feb-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Sorry I wasn't trying to be the thread police just wanted you to have the answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Sorry I wasn't trying to be the thread police just wanted you to have the answer.

That's OK.

Thanks.

My fault, the other one was right in front of me

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I would say its Iran and they are just blaming the West for their own incompetence. They cracked down on their own media sources with the upcoming elections, and chances are they have managed to interfere with their own signals thy want to get out.

Just another effort by Iran to blame someone else for their own stupidity.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Could be.

Maybe their technicians are screwing up.

Or some equipment is failing.

new topics

top topics

join