It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's say you are right...(and everything is just a bunch of lies.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Let's say you are right...(and everything is just a bunch of lies.)

Let's say you had access to a bunch of information that pointed to the utter and complete destruction of life as we know it on this planet.

Just to make it fun, let's say there was going to be some sort of astronomical, unavoidable, apocalyptic event that would make this planet's surface uninhabitable for a generation or two...it's not going to happen tomorrow, or next week, month or year...but it is going to happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

What do you do?

What do you do???

Now let's say you are a person of great power, a leader of a nation and you are handed this information...does this change how you react to the situation? If so, how?

Do you tell the world, knowing that such knowledge would probably make society fall into chaos for our last days?

Do you make decisions to try to save our species, knowing some of those decisions may make you into a tyrant?

I ask this question because I read a lot of threads about a lot of topics and always see the anti-government/anti-NWO vein going through them and think, if we're ever going to get off this planet, it won't be with the world's political and economic structures ordered as they are now; it will be THROUGH global order...

I see threads about chemtrails and HAARP and think, what if they're not doing this to harm us by changing the atmosphere, but trying to stave off something that is happening right now? Keeping our ionosphere charged or ozone layer thick enough to protect us from cosmic rays, or something.

On FEMA camps...sure, they could be preparing to cull the population...but when a huge natural disaster does happen, if they weren't in place, we'd never hear the end of "why weren't they prepared?"

What if we're right in that we are being lied to...?  But what if it is actually for our own good?  Would it make a difference.

Personally, and years ago my answer would have been the opposite, if I knew...I would not tell the public...  I may tell some people very close to me, in confidence and very vague terms, but not the public at large....and even that, depending on the severity of the situation, probably not.

If I was in a position of power?  I would not tell the public and I would try to figure out a way to allow the species and our knowledge to this point to survive....even if I would run the risk of going down in history as a villain...because the alternative would be no history at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, I would think of organizations like PNAC.

Or perhaps just look at the world as if you where the master gardener.
You have to kill the weeds of course, and you can't just kill them, you have to dig up the roots.
Also, you have to "pull" allot of the vegetables too, otherwise the garden gets over populated and then everything dies, or dwindles.
The same goes for national parks with large deer populations and no natural predators. You have to hunt them every few years and "thin them out" or else the population will develop disease and die off completely.

As part of the top families and long time leaders of the world, you think about issues such as this.

According to PNAC's guidlines, this planet needs an 80% reduction in population.
I can see this point, it seems that we can't even feed everyone now without genetically modifying our food supply.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

Dear madhatr137

This thread might interest you it is very near the same.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Great post OP!

I was just thinking about this today while watching something on 2012. What doesn't make sense to me is that if there is some unavoidable destruction headed our way that will wipe out the planet, what is the point in not telling us? So what if there is mass chaos, everyone is going to die anyway.

"Personally, and years ago my answer would have been the opposite, if I knew...I would not tell the public."

Why not? Wouldn't it actually make more sense (let's assume our leaders have no plan) to get the info out to as many people as possible to see if anyone has any ideas. What do we have to lose?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

But what if the genetic modification of our food supply is really to adapt our crops for survival on other planets?

With different levels of radiation, atmospheres, pests perhaps...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by entermemo
Great post OP!

I was just thinking about this today while watching something on 2012. What doesn't make sense to me is that if there is some unavoidable destruction headed our way that will wipe out the planet, what is the point in not telling us? So what if there is mass chaos, everyone is going to die anyway.

"Personally, and years ago my answer would have been the opposite, if I knew...I would not tell the public."

Why not? Wouldn't it actually make more sense (let's assume our leaders have no plan) to get the info out to as many people as possible to see if anyone has any ideas. What do we have to lose?

You presume they don't have a plan.
I presume they do. Those in power seldom don't. I know that if I was in power, I would. I do, not in power.

More than anything, I would think that survival would rely largely on order. Society falls apart, order is destroyed. Order is destroyed, bunkers or spaceships don't get built. Mass chaos means the things that could save the species don't get built in time because 95% of the population says "who cares, I'm gonna die anyway..."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Let's say you had access to a bunch of information that pointed to the utter and complete destruction of life as we know it on this planet.

That is pretty much what we all have access to, but most people are so dense and mentally infected, it makes no difference. Let's say even 10% of these Monsanto, NWO, FEMA camps, Nibiru conspiracies are true.... would any believe you or me if we told them about such things?

No. They will need the TV, a grey haired man in a suit, a doctor in a white coat, a gentleman in a military uniform, or some other well noted "presenter in uniform" to tell people it's ok to believe in X, Y, & Z conspiracies. The more brutal the truth, the more it becomes unbelievable.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” -Joseph Goebbels

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Nah.. They are not trying to save humanity.
How would you explain the fact that they are poisoning us through food, water, pharmacy products and even vaccines?
The studies regarding the chemicals they add to these products are even on .gov sites where they even admit how these are toxins, but yet years-decades later they still feed us with them?
If you go back even further you have documents that even talks about lower population through health care/vaccines and chemicals added to our food/water.

It is all out there in the open, but people sadly refuse to do any research themselves.
These people are nothing but a bunch of corrupted psychopaths.

And if you look at fertility and sperm count rates in the western world you will see that their plan has been working well. If this continues then large part of us will be completely infertile/sterile in the near future.
This is also why we have such massive immigration, since the population in many countries would actually decline if it wasn't for immigration.
edit on 20-2-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I would come on ATS and make a warning post.

Final Warning

Then I would suggest a plan of action.

The Plan

And of course I would stick around as long as I could to ensure my message was understood and to convince others of it's validity.

In the end though, each will make their choice.

Plenty of warning has been given.

None have an excuse.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-2-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I would tell the public, and I would do everything in my power to ensure some kind of survival of the species, regardless of what kind of tyrant it may make me. If the situation was that dire then some kind of survival like a few hundred shot in a rocket into space, or somthing of that nature, would be the only logical goal.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"People are smart. They'll figure it out."

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals, and you know it."

- Agent J & Agent K discussing disclosure of aliens in Men In Black...

People are simply too dumbed down to believe anything earth shatteringly real could come and destroy their little bubbles, and force them to think outside the squares they exist in. Why? Because a simpler kind of person is easier to dupe than a free, intelligent and logical thinker.

Here on ATS we have many intelligent people who consider the possibilities, and every one here, whether they admit it or not, has that 1% (or even less) part of their mind that says, what if it is real? What if the world is ending in 9 months or so? What if, right now there are bases to house the elite on the Moon or Mars because there is something big and terrible coming? The rational part of our brain tells us not to be a dumb panicky animal, yet no one can escape the fact it may just be real. Problem is when the few go to majority, society's breakdown follows very quickly.

Without the day to day of how things are and how they should be, we'd all go down a very slippery slope quickly, and most likely destroy ourselves before whatever major event is coming even gets here.

There will have to come a time at some point in the future when we will be told the truth by those governing us, whether it be the governments, the military or the people controlling them. Whether we are ready for this truth will depend on the conditioning we receive before hand. Or to put it simply;

"They've been drip feeding you my image for 60 years, so that if we do happen to meet, you won't have a total spazz attack."

-Paul discussing pretty much the same thing.
edit on 21-2-2012 by 74Templar because: No Reason Given

top topics

join