It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A key part of WW3 missing - Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey guys, I decided to make this thread because after seeing many threads posted about rising tensions between US/Israel and Iran, I wanted to know how a war between those nations would impact Australia.
I have heard many people say that NO muslim country will ally themselves with the US/NATO while they are allied to Israel, and this is most likely true in the event of a world war.

But then what about Australia - do not forget that the worlds most populous muslim country (Indonesia) sits just a few kilometres north of Australia. What would they do in the case of a conflict arising in the Middle East?
Like previous people have said they certainly wouldn't ally themselves with a country allied to Israel, and Indonesia has been very agressive towards its neighbours in its short history.

We have also seen China/Russia coming out saying an attack on Iran is an attack on us. Don't forget Australia is a VERY close neighbour of these two countries.
In the event of WW3, Australia would be used as an allied military staging ground which would almost certainly lead to war coming to Australia.

How can Australia possibly hope to fight off two technical superpowers and one very populous country? I just wanted Americans and other people across the world to know what effects an attack on Iran could have on my country.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Um, the US announced it militarzation of Australia last summer.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I saw a speech that Obama made to Australia recently that pretty much declared to the Australians that the US could do whatever it needed to do in their country in the name of "war on terror".
I think they took it hard but they took it.
Anyways, there could be bases in the outback that could be undetected.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

*sigh*
Another ignorant American, Australia was already militirized before last summer. We have our own army, navy, and air force. This thread is for Americans (like you) to realise that any attack on Iran could well lead to the annihalation of Australia.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think the Iran war will be much like Iraq or Afghanistan for us. You can tell this by watching the mainstream media buildup, they want us there alongside the U.S. Obamas recent visit and his speech about our military ties and how it should get stronger and all that was part of it, and if Julia is still there our involvement will be greater but whatever happens with the leadership challenge or election we will still go. Search "Iran" through recent mainstream Australian newspaper articles and its obvious we are going, countries that aren't going to go do not get the same level of propaganda.

Though of course if WW3 happened to break out our level involvement would change overnight.

edit on 20-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well i'm pretty certain the UK would assist you in some way, (although we'd be pretty tied down ourselves, depending where we get dragged into this mess), I'm almost certain USA have certain strategic bases in Australia, so yeah the UK and USA would be of some service.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As an Aussie Ive thought about this myself.

1 good thing we have going for us as I see it is geography.
Even if you manage to land a million troops in Darwin getting them the few thousand K's to Sydney, Canberra, Melb is gonna be a logistical nightmare, while their on the way we would have plenty of time to bomb them.
I cant imagine just shipping them all the way to Sydney would be an option either.

Lets just hope they dont decide to Nuke us, 20 Million of us and 1 Nuke each in Sydney, Melb, Brisbane, Canberra and Perth and were down to 2 million

P.s Adelaide was not included in the above equation due to the fact no one would care if it did get Nuked

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Australia would be in alot of trouble.
We done have the men, materials or equipment to fight of any kind of attack.
The USA does have a base here true, but that would be over run VERY quicky.

I'm glad I dont live in Ningaloo, Harold Holt will get hit hard.

Perth of all places is the most vulnerable.

We are isolated,
We are small,
and we are a VERY tempting target.

We have the raw materials that would power a nations military. We have the mining facilities setup, we have gas fields.. And we are so far away from EVERYONE that any kind of regroup and counter-attack would take a long time to organise and execute.

Perth would be VERY easy to defend for an invading nation and very hard to take back for the exiled government.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Well i'm pretty certain the UK would assist you in some way, (although we'd be pretty tied down ourselves, depending where we get dragged into this mess), I'm almost certain USA have certain strategic bases in Australia, so yeah the UK and USA would be of some service.

While I don't doubt many Americans and Britons would want to help, I think its going to be a WW2 scenario.
The UK won't help Australia, and neither will America.
If you think Iran will be another Iraq or Afghanistan, think again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Ha ha ha !!

Must have been a somewhat delayed anouncement ;
Australia has had US bases here for a very , very long time.
This is not something recent.
We also have our own Air force, Army and Navy strangely enough. -
Remember us do you? - we were a country involved in World War 2 before America bothered to join in !

There is also a rabid band of armed Ninja Kangaroos that roam the streets here at night looking for trouble, however I may have made that last point up

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There's a country called Australia? Pics or it didn't happen!. We honestly never hear news about them...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nukes would have been used on other country's before ours my only fear is the attack on pine gap as that is our. Biggest military drawcard in the country. America had sent a warship down into waters just off Indonesia a few years ago when they were thinking of expanding their territories into ours. We could already have facilities here that house nukes and wouldn't be surprised if pine gap has a nuclear reactor as well as a huge underground bunker with a lot of tunnels. Most of this would have been conducted after the 1st and 2nd world wars.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Remeber singapoor in ww2 was ment to be Australia's savior.
American power in the pacific is a myth, the chines have 60+ submarines
a fleat that outnumbers even the americans, focused in the the pacific
as it's primary area of opperations. the americans have to gaurd the adlantic
as well. the number of Aircraft carriers are significant but putting them to sea for
Australia's bennifit would be unlikely. we are to america what we were to
the UK in WW2, a subjugate power who's manpower economy and military
can be hijact for there purposes. chirchil and rosevelt didn't want to let
some of the Australian battalion back for the defence against the japanies,
instead wanting to defend burma with our battalions. leaving the 39th and the 52nd
battalions to defend along kokoada instead of the regular Army battalions.
if war is to come we should improve our defencive standing before commiting
any of our troops to outside confilcts. they are not our wars why the hell should
we fight. we need to reach a critical mass of troop numbers before going off
half cocked on a major campain. hopefully it would be over before our guys
hit the ground.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wondera

Besides the obvious spelling errors, I agree with your post. Australia's army is also very good for a country of its size (in terms of population).

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

Originally posted by mr-lizard

While I don't doubt many Americans and Britons would want to help, I think its going to be a WW2 scenario.
The UK won't help Australia, and neither will America.
If you think Iran will be another Iraq or Afghanistan, think again.

Don't worry Digger. Us Kiwis will push aside the memories of the 'underarm incident' and ensure we've got your backs. After all, we don't want all those bludgers coming back here and someone has to protect the Cascade Brewery as well as ensuring the supplies of Coopers Best Extra Stout don't get perturbed!

But seriously. I think you guys would be pretty hard pushed defending against overwhelming numbers, and you sure are ripe for the picking regarding natural resources!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You do realise New Zealands military is virtually non-existant right?
Note: What "underarm incident?"
edit on 20-2-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by aorAki

You do realise New Zealands military is virtually non-existant right?

Reminds me of an awesome line in Flight Of the Conchords -

MURRAY: "New Zealand's only got one gun and the army's using that at the moment"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Haha, that one made me laugh.
But yes its true, the Australian military is basically having to defend New Zealand as they have almost no military whatsoever. So for the comment made saying the "kiwis" have our back, no offense, but the "kiwis" wouldn't even be able to take Narau without foreign aid.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Even in the worst case scenario, I like Australia's chances.

The American Navy is formidable, and a good first line of defense. But let's pretend the Chi-Coms could take out all the surface fleet. There's still the problem that you can't conduct an invasion without a massive landing and that would require them having air supremacy. I don't think America's Navy and Air Force are both going down, and I suspect Australia along with some UK support can handle their own in those areas, especially as China would have to stage from their homeland.

That said, China isn't going to war over Iran. /thread

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If this ever happens, people sure will regret the gun policy in Australia. Considering the fact most people dont have any means of defending themselves from an invading army.

Hopefully the bikie gangs put up a good fight and save the day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join