It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druze students say Syria crisis isn't all that it seems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Students returning to Israel from Syria are saying the media reporting on Syria may not all be accurate.

Some of them say they heard about ongoing demonstrations but saw none !!

Latest update 00:40 21.02.12 -- Haaretz, Israel

Druze students returning to the Golan Heights from Syria said on Monday that they never saw any demonstrations, and that reports and pictures emerging from the country were not reliable.

However, questions came fast and furious from journalists at the site, who practically pounced on the returning students, many of whom were taken aback.

"There was a feeling of uncertainty, people are very confused," said Nadar Khalabi, who studies Arabic literature.

"I went out to the street when I heard there was a demonstration, but I didn't see anyone," he said. "A large part of the pictures and reports from Syria are not reliable, at least that was our impression."

Another student, Wissam Safdy, agreed. "I went to the al-Mazzah neighborhood in Damascus when there were reports of demonstrations, but I didn't see anything," he said. "We don't know what's happening, but in Damascus things are calm, and the prevailing feeling is that in the end Syria will come out of this crisis."

Syria questions ?

The Druze are a religious group

Could it be that many reports are exaggerated or outright false ?

or could this report be part of a cover up conspiracy ?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As i suspected. The whole Syria "crisis" may just be another Hoax perpetrated by the MSM and mirrored all over the world, except in Syria, of course. It is the same thing as happened in Libya it seems, where a few CIA orchestrated initial shootings where blown up and magnified in the MSM, and blamed on the Libyan regime.

And we all know how that ended.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
back when libya was at its height wernt there multiple reports of the media using fake reports of uprisings in both libya and syria (as syria has been ongoin)

such fake reports would have video recordings of protests in either syria or libya but would really be protests from greece or egypt or elsewhere

i even remember seeing the mainstream admit that they had their videos mixed up and had shown clips from the wrong countries #honestmistake i guess (not that i use twitter)

wouldnt surprise me if they were up to their old tricks with fake news reporting

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They sound like a cool group.

Friendly, open, and wise.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I seem to start a lot of my replies lately with "I'm a Christian"... why break a trend, eh?

So, I'm a Christian, and this whole scenario just reminds me over and over of "Damascus will be taken away from being a city" (Isaiah 17). I can see this happening sometime in the very near future, with all of the chatter in the MSM about Syria and intervention, and the situation with Iran (and their backing by Russia etc.), so many elements are coming together...

but I've wondered, over and over, about the so-called Syrian "resistance". I mean, really... have we learned nothing from Egypt? Libya? Yemen?

In each instance, the "resistance" groups have been Islamist... Syria's insurgency is apparently Al-Qaeda approved... and in each instance, the US have backed the islamist insurgencies.

What's the agenda here?
Who stands to profit from an Islamist middle-east?

I can see what's going on behind the scenes from a Biblical perspective... so many of these current uprisings regard nations stated to rise up against Israel in the last days (Ezekiel 38, Psalm 83), so the alliances being made make total sense in that context, but in an earthly context, who stands to gain from all of this?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Albert Pike, laid it all out long ago.....three wars....(1st+ 2nd) and 3rd between Islam and Christianity....After which there wont be anyone to oppose the NWO takeover.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by xuenchen

As i suspected. The whole Syria "crisis" may just be another Hoax perpetrated by the MSM and mirrored all over the world, except in Syria, of course. It is the same thing as happened in Libya it seems, where a few CIA orchestrated initial shootings where blown up and magnified in the MSM, and blamed on the Libyan regime.

And we all know how that ended.

Are you saying they lied to invade Libya and kill Ghaddafi?

God's Chosen would never ever ,ever do something like that.

All anti-semites should have their tongues cut out so that they can never lie about the good zionists again.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Nooooooo,,,,, this student must be lying. We see the riots and murder all over the contr,,,,,er media. It must be true.

We saw what Ghaddaffi did. He deserved to have a machete stuck into his ass on natioanl tv and then his body paraded about in victory.

Now Osama on the other hand, well his body was too precious to parade on tv so we swiftly dropped him into the sea.

lolol gotta love the masses.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Syrian officials ADMITED over 2,000 deaths from army ranks.

Imagine the death toll on protesters / rebels side.

Druze or not, students or not...they are either morons, either working for syrian secret services...OR, there were NO STUDENTS at all, just a report.

Again, a death toll of 2,000 plus from Syrian Army and probably a much higher from other side is CLEARLY a crisis.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So the Syrian rebels are "wagging the dog". Could be possible. Wouldn't be the first time someone played Wag the Dog.

My question is...Why?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Who stands to profit from an Islamist middle-east?

Easy answer. The Muslim brotherhood. They've been working towards uniting the middle east since 1924 when the Ottoman Empire fell. Theyre trying to recreate it and they may succeed. You see, once the Ottoman Empire is reborn they can recreate the Caliphate, who was the Islamic Pope...a.k.a. the "Vicar of Allah", much like the R.C.C. has the Vatican and the Pope as the "Vicar of Christ".

Now think about Revelation and the Beast and it's Image. The Holy Roman Empire never fell, it just changed forms to survive. The Beast will be the Holy Roman Empire and it's Image will be Islam which isn't a religion a much as it is a system of laws. Islam is everymuch an empire as the Holy Roman Empire was. Islam recognizes no borders and it's law and constitution are Sharia Law. This whole deal with the PA wanting borders in Israel is a farce because Islam recognizes no borders.

The muslim brotherhood stands the most to gain from a middle east totally united under Islam and Shariah law and where do you think the Ottoman Empire's eyes will turn after the midde least is conquered? Israel will be their target. The Ottoman Empire saw fit to execute millions of christians and any jews it could find within it's borders and the Ottoman Empire was a part of the Axis powers bettween WWI and WWII. There was an account of U.S. warships during WWI anchored off the coast of Turkey that saw millions of christian heads thrown into the water and they had trouble leaving because the hair on the heads tangled up the propellers on the ships. Gruesome stuff.

top topics

join