It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more drinking ever again...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
RightWingAvenger,

Congrats on your commitment to not drink it takes a.lot of effort to stop doing something!!!

Best of luck to you and continue to keep on fighting!!!

edit on 29-2-2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So how are you doing with the not drinking? I hope you are well.

I was looking through my subscribed threads list and I saw this one. I have been trying to quit for some time now. Always playing the game with myself, "Just a couple...." Then I end up mad at myself for not doing that. I drink far far less than I used to but it seems to be going up again. I need to stop completely.

So anyway, I was wondering how you are doing. I am glad for the posts that others posted telling of their experiences too.

I hate alcohol. But seem to love it. Grr. I don't love it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I hope you have quit by now

Here is a practical advice that worked for my friend.
I asked him to quit just to be an inspiration for another distant friend (wild drunkard). So, just to be a motivation and inspiration for his friend, he quit it, and made it till the end.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I also hope everything is going well with the OP. I remember this thread when it was first posted, but wasn't yet ready to confront my own problems. I've been in the exact same boat. Alabama passed a bill about 3 years ago that more than doubled the ABV for legally sellable beer (6% to 13.9%). That opened things up for a lot of craft beers to be sold that weren't available.
Somewhere along the way I went from enjoying a new craft beer once or twice a week to feeling like I needed at least a couple of high gravity brews every day. I've also had to give myself a reality check before I become a full-blown alcoholic. I've been alcohol-free for a week now. It's getting easier, thank God, but the cravings have been remarkably similar to nicotine cravings.

<< 1   >>

join