It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

No more drinking ever again...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM

Congrats on your commitment to not drink it takes a.lot of effort to stop doing something!!!

Best of luck to you and continue to keep on fighting!!!

edit on 29-2-2012 by Dare3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
So how are you doing with the not drinking? I hope you are well.

I was looking through my subscribed threads list and I saw this one. I have been trying to quit for some time now. Always playing the game with myself, "Just a couple...." Then I end up mad at myself for not doing that. I drink far far less than I used to but it seems to be going up again. I need to stop completely.

So anyway, I was wondering how you are doing. I am glad for the posts that others posted telling of their experiences too.

I hate alcohol. But seem to love it. Grr. I don't love it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
I hope you have quit by now

Here is a practical advice that worked for my friend.
I asked him to quit just to be an inspiration for another distant friend (wild drunkard). So, just to be a motivation and inspiration for his friend, he quit it, and made it till the end.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:37 AM
I also hope everything is going well with the OP. I remember this thread when it was first posted, but wasn't yet ready to confront my own problems. I've been in the exact same boat. Alabama passed a bill about 3 years ago that more than doubled the ABV for legally sellable beer (6% to 13.9%). That opened things up for a lot of craft beers to be sold that weren't available.
Somewhere along the way I went from enjoying a new craft beer once or twice a week to feeling like I needed at least a couple of high gravity brews every day. I've also had to give myself a reality check before I become a full-blown alcoholic. I've been alcohol-free for a week now. It's getting easier, thank God, but the cravings have been remarkably similar to nicotine cravings.

new topics

top topics
<< 1   >>