It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Storm warning in Swedish newspaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So I just read the webpage of Swedens biggest newspaper. (uploaded 4 hours ago) That a huge solarstorm was emitted from the sun between the 7th and 8th of february. And that is traveling at 480 000 km/h... That is 11 520 000 kilometers per day and in 12 days then its traveled 138 240 000 kilometers. The distance between earth and the sun is: 149 597 870 kilometres... Translated Link Anyone else worried about this? I'm watching the night sky for an Aurora tonight...

Edit: I cant seem to find any other information about this, then this news article. Anyone Else know anything about this?
edit on 20-2-2012 by Sabel because: Put a question in the post

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
feb 7-8th?
my calender says feb 20th!!!
i feel like i travelled to the future!!!
OR your date is incorrect.
if the date is correct,well,i guess we made it thru!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

It was emitted from the sun 7th or 8th... and it takes around 13 days to travel 1AU or the distance between the sun and Earth...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabel

actually it takes a few days, so this would have already hit us by now

Solar Flares WIKI

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabel

im an idot!!!

i totally misread the emitted part!!!! so sorry!

the 'traveled to the future' thing was funny,no?

again sorry,my bad!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Okay, no information as to whether or not this is an earth-directed flare. No indicator as to the intensity (except for that it's"8000 degrees 'hot,'" and no aurora borealis as far as I can tell.

Thank you for the thread, but I'm thinking that my kindred have startled you without reason.

Have you any more?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
spaceweather.com
they say a big one hit us on the 18th,and could be seen into the mid west.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

As I said I cant find more information that this, So if it was in earth direction it would hit sometime tonight or tomorrow...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This thread=waste of time should have been your title because it makes more sense I dont believe it takes 12-13 days for a cme to hit earth thats rediculous I could have walked faster lame

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andyr1112

can you walk faster then 480 000 km/h
Im just forwarding information from the news article. And its quite simple math since the average distance the Earth have to the sun is 149,597,870 kilometres. It would take around 13 days... I dont know, maybe this is slower then normal becouse of its mass? Im not an astronomer.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
Okay, no information as to whether or not this is an earth-directed flare. No indicator as to the intensity (except for that it's"8000 degrees 'hot,'" and no aurora borealis as far as I can tell.

Thank you for the thread, but I'm thinking that my kindred have startled you without reason.

Have you any more?

I also noticed the error in google translate, the article say its likely the length of dozens of Earths and 8000C.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
just try to remember that the internet is a learning tool,..
so use it when you have questions. meaning.. research first
it could have saved you the "duh"
and yeah.. space weather.com is a good source for any impending doom info.
if we were to be blasted by a solar wave of concern,, it would have made the MSM

top topics

join