It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Signs That America Is Rapidly Becoming More Like Nazi Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
There's not much I can add to this article, it speaks for itself. I can only say that many of the points made have merit. However, in my opinion, some of them miss the mark a bit.
25 Signs...

These are the ones that stand out to me the most as being parallels. However, that's not saying the others have no merit.

#1 Nazi Germany was a totalitarian Big Brother police state that constantly monitored everything that German citizens did.

#2 Nazi officials often used their positions of power to force others to do dehumanizing things.

#3 In Nazi Germany, even women and children were treated like dehumanized cattle.

#4 In Nazi Germany, authorities could stop you and search you at any time and for any reason.

#5 Under Adolf Hitler, there were massive increases in government spending.

#6 Under Hitler, taxes were raised dramatically in order to pay for all of these social programs.

#11 In Nazi Germany, the health care system was taken over by the government.

#13 In Nazi Germany, killing the "defective", the "weak" and the "disabled" was considered to be a good thing because it made the German people "stronger".

#21 Under the Nazis, large numbers of children were taken away from good families.

#23 In Nazi Germany, the prisons were absolutely packed.

#25 Under Adolf Hitler, paranoia was standard operating procedure.

Which ones stand out to you the most?
edit on 2/20/2012 by Klassified because: correction

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
1-25 stand out to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
isnt it obvious, the land of the free aint free, it too monitored to be free has been for years. Now what they sing in the naitonal anthem is a contradiction, it what they want you to belive than what is real. But hey, everyone likes fantasy.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Replace "Nazi Germany" with, "In the modern UK" and you've nailed it.

I think the UK is a lot further on that list the the US.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Land of the free, Home of the enslaved.

Makes me wonder if one day, a century from now, if there will be a list kin to this saying "25 signs that (insert country) is rapidly becoming more like America"

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Before Hitler, we had very good medical care. Many American doctors trained at the University of Vienna . After Hitler, health care was socialized, free for everyone. Doctors were salaried by the government. The problem was, since it was free, the people were going to the doctors for everything. When the good doctor arrived at his office at 8 a.m., 40 people were already waiting and, at the same time, the hospitals were full. If you needed elective surgery, you had to wait a year or two for your turn. There was no money for research as it was poured into socialized medicine. Research at the medical schools literally stopped, so the best doctors left Austria and emigrated to other countries.

I loved this one most. Oh obamabots; please defend this because it is coming.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

#1 Nazi Germany was a totalitarian Big Brother police state that constantly monitored everything that German citizens did.

Not only is that wrong. Its also impossible.

Text#2 Nazi officials often used their positions of power to force others to do dehumanizing things.

This could apply to more than just Nazi's. How about Romans? Chinese? Rock Stars?

#3 In Nazi Germany, even women and children were treated like dehumanized cattle.

Where in America is that happening? (besides the odd cases of neglect and abuse)

#4 In Nazi Germany, authorities could stop you and search you at any time and for any reason.

And.. they can do that here??

And increased spending is Nazi-like only?

Just went to a private doctor the other day...

#13 In Nazi Germany, killing the "defective", the "weak" and the "disabled" was considered to be a good thing because it made the German people "stronger".

Relevance to America??

#21 Under the Nazis, large numbers of children were taken away from good families.

I'll give you this one. DHS needs serious changes. However, II dont think what they practice could be considered an equivalent to Nazi Germany.

What meaningless comparison.

I don't know if being cautious makes you a Nazi.

BTW, this list sucks. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
Replace "Nazi Germany" with, "In the modern UK" and you've nailed it.

I think the UK is a lot further on that list the the US.

From what my British aunt tells me, you're right. She says she's "horrified" every time she goes home to visit.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Where in America is that happening? (besides the odd cases of neglect and abuse)

When is the last time you went to an airport??? It happens every single day.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

When is the last time you went to an airport??? It happens every single day.

About a month ago. Went though the scanners and still felt human after-wards. My mom and sister and everybody else seemed fine as well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Thanks for the input Tsuki. Without dissenting opinions, this wouldn't be ATS. It would be that other site.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

At least in the UK the police don't have guns to shoot people in the back.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the input Tsuki. Without dissenting opinions, this wouldn't be ATS. It would be that other site.

Thanks for not attacking me and taking my skepticism of "25 Signs That America Is Rapidly Becoming More Like Nazi Germany" seriously.

I look forward to future correspondence with you.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think Naomi Wolf and her The End of America dose a better job at the comparisons...
granted she only had a list of ten
, but she compares them to ALL facist sates, not just NAZI Germany.

The End of America

In The End of America: A Letter of Warning to a Young Patriot, Wolf takes a historical look at the rise of fascism, outlining the 10 steps necessary for a fascist group (or government) to destroy the democratic character of a nation-state and subvert the social/political liberty previously exercised by its citizens:

Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
Set up an internal surveillance system.
Harass citizens' groups.
Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
Target key individuals.
Control the press.
Treat all political dissidents as traitors.
Suspend the rule of law.[24]

wiki

Shes goes on to conclude that the USA has steps 1-9 already done.

edit on 20-2-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We have not visited the States since 911, and we live right on the border here.
Now you need a passport or enhanced drivers license and we have neither.

We have no desire to be interrogated and perhaps flown to who knows where for some nasty lessons in torture so we just stay here and say screw it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Hitler used to stand with his cronies looking over the Kingdom of Auschwitz and take practice target pot shots at the Jews going about their slavery down below.

Watch how Obama is doing exactly the same:

www.youtube.com...

Yes there are many parallels - Bush already arranged for 3 thousand of their own citizens to be killed off for his own personal power and when these drones are set up over the skies of US - you can count the days ..........

No they wouldn't do that would they - look at the caring humanity expressed in the above vid.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Thanks for adding this. I think you're right. I'm sure number ten will be along in due time unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thats 25 unfounded weak statements. Why not simply state that the corporation is being bailed out while hard working Americans are being burned out of society and thrown hard on the streets? Thats the reality.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

If that were true, there would certainly be a lot fewer posts by US citizens here on ATS. There are a lot of "USA bashers" still posting from within the United States.

#2 Nazi officials often used their positions of power to force others to do dehumanizing things.

Please tell us about some of the dehumanizing things you have been forced to do.

I don't know about that one... What the hell is "dehumanized cattle".

What the heck happened to the Fourth Amendment? Is it really gone now?

Hell, that likely fits 95% of the World's governments.

#6 Under Hitler, taxes were raised dramatically in order to pay for all of these social programs.

Not true! Our tax money goes to failed businesses, earmarks for "pet projects", other countries, and "First Family" vacations.

No... not yet! We still have pay for it. We either pay "out of pocket", or pay "out the ass"... for insurance.

Wrong! It seems our current government is more interested in taking the strong, and turning them into the "defective", the "weak" and the "disabled". I would have added "retarded", but many of our politicians already treat us as if we are.

These "large numbers" would need to be better defined to make a valid comparison.

Nope! We have room for many more, so you had better hope our "Big Brother police state" doesn't see this thread.

Do you think that's a bad thing? If our politicians were a little more paranoid about being "run out of town on a rail", we'd all be better off.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am not sure what is worse your knowledge of history or your version of current events. Either way if America was anything like Nazi Germany you would be drug out of your house and shot for daring to say anything negative about the state. Instead you have a country that gives out guns like candy and freely handed you the biggest open communication creation of all time, the internet. Worst Nazis ever!!!
edit on 20-2-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join