It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Machine - What would it take ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
After reading many threads on time travel and time machines, John Titor, and so on, I decided to put this thread out to see if those on the ATS can figure out what it would take. There may be some of the science field on the ATS with degrees in theoretical physics and so on, so it would be good to hear from them, but anyone is more than welcome to join in this discussion.

What I, and the world would really want to know is,

1. What would it take to travel in time either forward or backward at will ?

2. How would the device or machine have to be built to make it possible ?

3. How would the laws of science apply to the idea of time travel ? Either for, or against.

Who knows if those on the ATS actually have the right ideas that can make it possible. Maybe John Titor himself, or another time traveler might chime in as well. We'll see. Anyway, let me have some of your ideas on the making of a real time machine.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If we knew that we would be time traveling already.

If anyone has his above answers to the questions, please feel free to take me with you on your next trip.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Traveling forward in time is easy, we do it all the time, but traveling backwards seems to be impossible, because except for neutrinos, we have never witnessed anything moving faster than light, and we have observed countless times that the energy to get through light barrier is infinite, thus unreachable.

So unless we find out how to access extra dimension that would allow time manipulation, we can only move forward

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I salute your efforts, but I don't think the missing link in finding the secrets of time travel is posting on ATS.

If I knew though, I would post here.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

~
This is a good little video ,

The theoretical possibility is widely debated, but everyone agrees that the practical problems are so immense that it is, in all likelihood, never going to happen. Brian Cox, a Cern researcher at the University of Manchester, points out that even if the laws of physics do not prohibit time travel, that doesn't mean to say it's going to happen, certainly in terms of travelling back in time.

So will we one day be able to travel into the future?

Yes...

* There is nothing in the laws of physics to prohibit it, and events in Geneva are pointing the way and could be a first step

* In physics, so the saying goes, if nothing is prohibited, it must happen at some point

* All we need to do is to work out how to manipulate black holes and wormholes, and away we go

No...

* The practical problems with time travel are too immense to solve, and even if you could, who would want to?

* You might travel back in time and kill one of your grandparents by accident. Then where would you be?

* If time travel is possible, why are we still waiting to welcome our first visitors from the future?

Is time travel possible?

What would it take? , a hell of alot ! what a tool it would be . There would be nothing the worlds governments wouldn't give up for that tech.

On paper it seems to give the smart guys , a yea sure its possible . !

giant ship , with some really fast speeds. While staying stable ! , Giant laser , shot into black hole , then warp drive into it faster then the black hole is sucking ! yea , so you get that tech . Blast through that black hole so fast , the black hole can't even keep up ! cut the fabric of space time , and instead of being compressed into a very dense spot . Not even knowing if information can escape or not . Whats at the other end ? well hopefully that worm hole

But hey first test ship , will be unmanned ! For test purposes . Then we just gotta find a away to communicate with it , through wherever it ended up .
Now to do all these amazing feacts of physics lol is gonna take a long time.
I'm with the article above , in that one statement.
I just want them to pop up and be like hey where from the future , and heres what we did. Even when you consider time lines! surely , hasn't happened yet ? says who ! .
If a future guy pops back in any other time , first thing people will say ! hey ! future hasn't happened yet! but there he is!

time travel , makes the mind spin . I think everyone that dives into that realm , is just asking for neurons to missfire
the contradictions and what if's involved is alot of the mind to try and compute. ! But kudos for us trying , and going after such a challenge.

Stephen Hawking : How to build a time machine

edit on 20-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Six paperclips A thimble. 12 gauge copper wire Foot powered singer sewing machine. 12 electric eels.

That's what I used to build mine.....

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Within the limits of my scientific comprehension you would require something dense that spins really fast.

Much in the same way a planet distorts time.

How you could use that as a means to travel through time, well, who knows. Personaly I do not believe time exists anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Become a walk-in and travel via the ether. Much cheaper than building a machine.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can only think of two possibilities off hand.
One would be that time travel could exist through our dreams and by "astral projecting".

The other idea involves vibrating your atoms to the correct frequency.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We time travel every night when we sleep.

new topics

top topics

join