It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earliest Gospel of Mark Found?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Could this be the fragment that proves the gospel as allegorical myth once and for all?
edit on 20-2-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The writings are proven again and again as written by the apostles.

Price does well to start off his exegesis of some 54 early Christian texts, both canonical and non, with a discussion of Christian bishop and Gnostic "heretic" Marcion (c. 110-160 CE), as it is universally accepted that Marcion was the first producer of a "New Testament" canon. Indeed, in between Price's impressive translations of these texts, as well as in the footnotes, appear nuggets of material that help fill out the overall thesis of the work: To wit, the pre-Nicene New Testament essentially originated with Marcion, as was related in ancient times.

I gave this link before -- proving the Gospels are not written by the Apostles

So this is a new academic book that says the opposite of your claim. Do you have any evidence for your claim?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
So what happens when they find writings that are earlier than the christian belief of the age of the Earth?

Test of faith?

Wait, they already used that one on dinosaurs bones.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
So what happens when they find writings that are earlier than the christian belief of the age of the Earth?

Test of faith?

Wait that is a huge stereotype you just gave an entire religious group. Care to back up that every christian believes the earth is only 60,000 years old. I honestly dont know the stereotypical christian mombo jumbo, but honestly I much rather discuss the topic at hand than those who ridicule a faith as those who do above

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fulllotusqigong

The writings are proven again and again a
I gave this link before -- proving the Gospels are not written by the Apostles

So this is a new academic book that says the opposite of your claim. Do you have any evidence for your claim?

I'm not trying to sell a book

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here is another source, obvious bias.. global.christianpost.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by Jordan River

WOW! this is amazing if it turns out to be legit. but keep in mind how long dead sea scrolls took to publish,or the nad hammadi! many decades!
this would be crazy if it turned out to be like cather,or gnostic like teachings.
prove the real reason they were all slaughtered.

It is estimated by the only original Dead Sea Scroll researcher to have come clean on his work, John Allegro, that over 70% of the DSC have yet, after 50+ years, been released to the public.

Sadly, regardless of the authenticity - or not - of this find, the truth will be impossible to verify.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sounds like Good News to me!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
So where are the documents?

Where are the accredited scientists saying it as old as it claims to be?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I dont know who you or they think you're fooling. The Vatican has their's, that's all that counts in the world today.
As far as the Protestants they have been reading the real deal for 2000yrs too.

Seriously, what do you think they are gonna find. Jesus was married, gay and made the deals with the Devil. Dream on, you would be preaching to all the quires at the same time.

I know a guy that says Rome has Matthew Mark Luke and John as North South East and West.
The only people that care are the Believers and they believe the story Constantine Wrote.

Anybody comes in and changes the game now will have Anti Christ written all over them.

Life has been coming and going on before Christ and after Christ.

In the United States people can't muster up enough to believe in "Hope and Change" let alone a hidden for 2000yrs, super secret, set the record strait once and for all,different gospel of Mark.

edit on 21-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
wow, awesome.

This is great news. I can't wait to see what is published about it. It will be a pleasure to read from it,
That fact that is about 40% of the total is huge. It will give us great insight. The translations alone will probably set allot of mysteries straight.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I believe we are in the period of enilightenment, as the government moves forward in crushing christainity, science will verify that the Bible, Jesus and God are real, even those that have not yet found Christ will be compelled to look at the scientific evidence of the reality of Christ. My hope is that this will lead more to Christ if not at least an increase in our morality as human beings.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Thanks octotom, you beat me to the punch. People still believe that the Bible is a compilation of re-translations and therefore not a legitimate text. They seem to have a hard time with the fact that the Bible we read today (and in particular the TOB ) is a recent ecumenical work of scholastic genius in translation, as they have meticulously translated its text from the original documents and not from the early christian, mid-evil, or modern and contemporary christian interpretations of of copied volumes. Some major and many corrections were made based on these works.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I dont know who you or they think you're fooling. The Vatican has their's, that's all that counts in the world today.
As far as the Protestants they have been reading the real deal for 2000yrs too.

Seriously, what do you think they are gonna find. Jesus was married, gay and made the deals with the Devil. Dream on, you would be preaching to all the quires at the same time.

edit on 21-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

Protestants have been around for 2,000 years? Guess my history book is wrong!

If this is legit, probably only a portion of a chapter remains and would verify "our" chapter to be authenticate. So dont expect any new damaging information that might change christianity . were trying to see if it matches like the DSS

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Test of faith?

Wait that is a huge stereotype you just gave an entire religious group. Care to back up that every christian believes the earth is only 60,000 years old. I honestly don't know the stereotypical christian mombo jumbo, but honestly I much rather discuss the topic at hand than those who ridicule a faith as those who do above

I can't believe I'm writing this again..... Roman Catholic doctrine accredits intelligent design for the creation. It does not consider Genesis a historical fact. It is a Theo-mytholgy used to inform and teach at a time when there was no scientific understanding of the universe, plate tectonics, evolution etc....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheExopolitician

ya i know,and that is wrong! the power of the church eh?,especially when the real truth is in their hands,and it goes against 'their' doctrine!
i read the artical posted and the chap said he hoped to have it all sorted out in a year. YA RIGHT!!!

how many other gospels does the vatican have hidden away?
any way thanx for the post!
the plot thickens!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

1. Please remember that Marcion did not believe that Jesus was related to the God of the Jews, and therefore did not recognize the validity of the old testament.

2. Marcion's idea for the written Gospel was innovative for the Christian era and church historians give him that credit, but remember that that he was a dualist who only recognized the gospel of Luke and the letters of Paul as authentic. Everything else was "gnostic" and was therefore heretical. Please note that It is widely believed by the church and contemporary historians that Marcion himself edited some of those writings in order to suit his message.

3. The Marcionic cult was eventually assimilated into mainstream Christianity before the end of the forth century.
In other words, even the Christians of the day held his teaching and his methods to account and chose other paths to follow.
edit on 21-2-2012 by palg1 because: just a few missing details.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So where are the documents?

Where are the accredited scientists saying it as old as it claims to be?

read the article. It is in the process

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I hope that in 2000 years people will be this excited about the chicken scratch I leave behind. Although I'm not taking bets on it.

lolol I don't know if you believe in a creator. I do. but I must agree with your witty outlook on this topic.

Control the masses my friend. Control the masses.

If anything, Jesus was killed because he fought "their" control.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
great

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join