It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earliest Gospel of Mark Found?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Earliest Gospel of Mark Found?

www.wnd.com

A New Testament professor is setting the world of Bible scholarship on fire with his claim that newly discovered fragments of early Christian writings could include a first-century version of the Gospel of Mark, from the same century in which Jesus and the apostles lived.

Daniel B. Wallace of the Dallas Theological Seminary made the stunning announcement during a Feb. 1 debate with Bart Ehrman at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill on whether we have the wording of the original New Testament today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-2-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Mods, this is News!
Incredible new discovery may find out that this fragment may be a "missing link" To the new testament as being officialy first century writing, instead of the 2nd century theory. This is amazing and may hold a candle stick as being an official document that may authenticate our newtestament translation. Interesting, very interesting in my opinion. I find this very fascinating, but I also believe we are at a pivotal point in history, with vatican corruption/issues

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope that in 2000 years people will be this excited about the chicken scratch I leave behind. Although I'm not taking bets on it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

WOW! this is amazing if it turns out to be legit. but keep in mind how long dead sea scrolls took to publish,or the nad hammadi! many decades!
this would be crazy if it turned out to be like cather,or gnostic like teachings.
prove the real reason they were all slaughtered.

excellent post,and a star for you my friend!

you have just tapped into one of my many passions!thank you

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They need to find someone who knows nothing about the writings of mark in the bible. A christian who knows our version will translate it to what he knows. The bible we read now was translated many times throughout history and even though there may be no intent, things change.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
They need to find someone who knows nothing about the writings of mark in the bible. A christian who knows our version will translate it to what he knows. The bible we read now was translated many times throughout history and even though there may be no intent, things change.

agreed but everything remains consistant within the new testament, philosophy and other subjects such as trinity. This is important when you compare christianity to other religions, (other three, islam, judaism) Islam has no real strong theological philosophical background, principles and the such. Judaism does not answer the question to evil, which I believe is an issue

example. 3... father son holy spirit (ghost)
3rd dimension that we live in. Trinity (short exmaple)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I hope that in 2000 years people will be this excited about the chicken scratch I leave behind. Although I'm not taking bets on it.

A large amount of scientist have proved the Torah to be over 10,000 years old. I highly recommend EVERYONE to watch this video.

It is not a Pro Jewish video like it seems in the beginning. It proves beyond a doubt that God is real and the Arabs know what stopped them from defeating Israel in the many wars, it was not the IDF who saved them.

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

A large amount of scientist have proved the Torah to be over 10,000 years old. I highly recommend EVERYONE to watch this video.

It is not a Pro Jewish video like it seems in the beginning. It proves beyond a doubt that God is real and the Arabs know what stopped them from defeating Israel in the many wars, it was not the IDF who saved them.

video.google.com...

Boncho is ats comedian, if you did not get the memo
he should not be taken super ceareal

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Boncho, you did count to three, didn't you?

edit on 20/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The bible we read now was translated many times throughout history

Except the translations aren't based on translations. They're based on the original language texts.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If its true , then its going to upset alot of christians on the site. I believe they will find something that disproves the bible even more , and adds more contradictions to the soup .

If its real , it will hurt the religion more then it will help it . I am 90 percent sure on that ! It would be a game changer thats for sure

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

From my perspective, I doubt that seriously. Bring it.

And OP: Do you have another source other than WND? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

video.google.com...

I'm interested in anything that shows that the Torah is over 10,000 years old. What is your source? These are long videos -- End of Days, Parts I & II -- you have to reserve a couple of hours to watch them. Can you give a time marker on the videos where this info comes up?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Boncho, you did count to three, didn't you?

That sounds so Monty Python-esque.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
reply to post by seedofchucky

From my perspective, I doubt that seriously. Bring it.

And OP: Do you have another source other than WND? Thanks.

Here you go, other sources,

Christian Today India
Baptist Press News

And just for some info, Wallace's wiki article with a list of publications
Wiki

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Just a thought... Maybe one's interpretation of evil is just as equal as anothers? What if ones interpretation of evil that is "an issue" is as equal as one saying that there is no presence of evil like it is an entity, and that There are only people without the presence of good and therefore the only entity are the ones who lack good and the only issue is how to add some light where there hasn't been any yet?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This is definitely interesting however it wont change anything.

I'll never understand the continued need to prove this stuff.

Faith is not based on publication dates or man-made proof.

It is from the heart, mind and spirit.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Fascinating! Personally, I already agree with John Robinson's theory that all Scripture/Biblical literature was written before 70 AD [i.e. destruction of the temple].
edit on 20-2-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The writings are proven again and again as written by the apostles. I am more honestly open to the idea that they are NOT, but info on these fragments may prove other wise. In the mean time the other copies of the new testament (There was more new testament copies than copies of the oddessy in greek) The other copies of the new testaments were transcribed by scribes and pretty much majorty of the fragments are "copies of a copy". To truly get a first century Frag is amazing

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join