It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan shopping

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Walking out of a branch or Marks and Spencers I saw a man walk out who looked like the classic image of Satan ( the good looking one), only with dark grey hair and obviously no horns. As he walked in wearing blue jeans and a blue and white stripey shirt I looked at him and he looked away. I noticed the resemblance. The thing is it wasn't just that he had the right beard (any man can grow a beard) but that his eyes were right, his eyebrows were right, the right bone structure. I did not think anything of it at the time. The thing is if Satan exists does he literally walk among us, dress in jeans and a shirt? I must say I feel no guilt for probably calling a nice guy a Satan lookalike: he didn't have to grow the beard. I suppose the ultimate fun question is: is he Satan? Probably not. Easy to tell, if anyone else has seen anyone looking like this?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

What 'version' of satan are you talking about?
A pointy beard?
What sort of eyes? Red, with fire in the pupils?

Or was it just a creepy feeling you got about him?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The pointy beard version. I must admit, I didn't get an odd feeling from him: but if he was Satan I dare say you would not or else he wouldn't be very good at his job. Anyway what sort of guy says I look almost like Satan what I need is a pointy beard. But he did look exactly like the classic point beard picture. The classic image that if you are a catholic you see many times at school. He looked exactly like him: as I said he looked exactly like him only with dark grey hair.
edit on 20-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
Walking out of a branch or Marks and Spencers I saw a man walk out who looked like the classic image of Satan ( the good looking one), only with dark grey hair and obviously no horns. As he walked in wearing blue jeans and a blue and white stripey shirt I looked at him and he looked away. I noticed the resemblance. The thing is it wasn't just that he had the right beard (any man can grow a beard) but that his eyes were right, his eyebrows were right, the right bone structure. I did not think anything of it at the time. The thing is if Satan exists does he literally walk among us, dress in jeans and a shirt? I must say I feel no guilt for probably calling a nice guy a Satan lookalike: he didn't have to grow the beard. I suppose the ultimate fun question is: is he Satan? Probably not. Easy to tell, if anyone else has seen anyone looking like this?

I'm having a hard time picturing Satan wearing a blue and white striped shirt

I've never looked at any "real" pics of him I guess.

I do like a man with a nice beard though.....

Does anyone have a proper picture of what he should look like?

Perception is a weird thing. I used to go out with a fellow that some people thought looked like Jesus. To me, he looked like the guy on the package of blue zig zag rolling papers......

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Hm. Sorry, not a Catholic. I did just go see a movie today though that had a 'version' of Satan, and he was an old guy with one really blood-shot eye, sores on his face, a suit, and slicked back grey hair.

I have to admit, I think there are evil people walking among us, but not 'the' Satan; he is a mythical construct of religious origin. At least that is my opinion today.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

The classic image that if you are a catholic you see many times at school. He looked exactly like him: as I said he looked exactly like him only with dark grey hair.

Maybe he was the model that the artist who depicted the 'classic' version used. Maybe...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

lol

Reminds me of my college days.

Just because I had long hair and a Lemmy beard, people called me Jesus.

Even when I cut my hair short and went through a variety of facial hair styles or had my hair in plaits like Head (formerly of Korn), they still called me that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
No the image I'm thinking of is younger, maybe thirties fourty. I wonder though if something bad happens to the Metrocentre I think I can nail it as Satan.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I think you may describing an actor you saw in a movie, or photo that portrayed a Satan like persona. And you are transfering those feelings to the person you ran into. jmoho.....as there is no known photograph of Satan. Unless you want to count my ex-step father...he was evil.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I would love to put an image of the type of Satan I am thinking of: to better describe the classic look I mean,But my web connection is awful at this moment.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Classic image of Satan..hmm

how classic? We talking about classic movie type satan, or classical interpretation of satan (aka, dragon)

There is a old movie that had a Satan that looked like Ming the Merciless...that one?

Al Pacino?

Anyhow...Angels are neither male, nor female..so the likely look of satan would be one of those people that could go either way. soft chin, etc (given satan is theoretically just an angel).
Depending on how much mythos and other sources you put in, the beast could have 3 heads, and super tall..could be blackened from the lake of fire, etc...

To me, Satan looks Tim Curry's version in the movie, Legend

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Were his feet cloven? Did he have hairy goat legs under those snappy bluejeans?

I have a pointy beard, I must also be satan.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I would love to put an image of the type of Satan I am thinking of: to better describe the classic look I mean,But my web connection is awful at this moment.

Something like this ?.....going off feel from your OP.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

To me, he looked like the guy on the package of blue zig zag rolling papers......

*gasp* zig-zag rolling papers??? But, but...but that's Satan's picture!! Everyone knows THAT!

lol
sorry. off-topic......just had to

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Biblical type pictures. The type I came across as a child in catholic school. I did not come across his picture as much as others in catholic school. He was however represented in pictures. About thirty to fourty, slim, shaped pointed beard, a particular kind of eyebrow. The type of picture you may come across in religious books. High cheek bones.

By the way I do not mean the look in the picture of the guy with black hair. I suppose there are now lots of people who's idea of Satan is from the movies. There are however pictures of what people think some demons look like from paintings done for members of the church: there is one in Barclona, I think to do with Goya?? The pictures of the devil used to have a particular look to them, represented in pictures. So the older images I'm thinking of probably were painted for a bishop: apparently at one time lots of holy people thought Demons or the Devil followed them around.
edit on 20-2-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

I suppose you would have to have went to a catholic school to know look he had. I thought more importantly that any specifics is, does Satan literally walk among us. If anyone believes God exists, then by definition evil must also. Maybe evil is not a just a force but also a person, or people.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Probably not, but Marks and Spencers food hall may be. And all who shop there are it's acolytes

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
ITT: typical programming. Anti-christ is always depicted as a suave looking middle-aged man, therefore every suave looking middle-aged man is now the anti-christ.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I often see reptillian looking people and think to myself one word. ANNUNAKI.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
At one time everyone had the same image of Satan. There are lots of paintings that were made for bishops that said they had seen and were followed around by Demons and occasional appearances of the Devil. They had paintings made to look like what they thought/ or did see. Doesn't make them right of cause. The power of the media. To me, it is like I said, just some guy who thought I look a bit like Satan, what I need is a big pointy beard. However if anything terrible happens to the Metrocentre I am changing my opinion. So if a plague falls upon Gateshead that would be enough proof to me: no sense taking chance. I will then head to the nearest monastery or the pub which ever is nearer. If the apocalypse is upon us I'm not going sober. Can you be pissed in the afterlife?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join