It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran threatens to extend oil embargo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Iran threatens to extend oil embargo

www.guardian.co.uk

Iran has warned it may extend an oil embargo imposed on Britain and France to other European countries, and launched a military exercise to strengthen key nuclear sites against air strikes as a team of UN inspectors arrived in the country.

Herman Nackaerts, the leader of the five-member UN team, said he wanted concrete results from the two-day visit, the second within a month. But, amid scepticism that inspectors would be permitted access to nuclear facilities, Nackaerts added that progress "may take a while".

The team is hoping to question Iranian nuclear scientists and visit the Parc
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.irishtimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BREAKING: Iran cuts off oil supplies to Britain, France

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The biggest surprise in all of this is China's condemnation of Iran cutting England and France from oil. This could have a major ripple effect since Saudi Arabia can only put out so many barrels per day.

News like this is good if you're a big oil executive, but it sucks for people like us who need to survive. Oil prices dictate the cost of everything, and we're already getting robbed at the pumps.

No one should be surprised that Iran would start cutting nations off of their oil supply, especially with all the sanctions Iran has been hit with.

Now would be a good time to fill up on gas.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
yet the arabs have reduced production, what a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

It's almost as if the market was being manipulated just so there could be a war...

...imagine that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

It's almost as if the market was being manipulated just so there could be a war...

...imagine that.

and all the pieces are falling into place

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Perhaps this will lead up to a coup d'état in Iran.

Maybe TPTB have some new puppets in mind.

This could all help Canada too !

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It certainly could help Canada, especially since the EU has been criticizing the Alberta Oil Sands, and Canada has been barking back:

Canada threatens retaliation if oilsands given black eye

These people have the market so rigged that they even set themselves up to look like heroes.

And get rich while they do it.

The world will always be dependent on ME oil as long as Europe and North America keep their monopoly on oil refining.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

These people have the market so rigged that they even set themselves to look like heroes.

And get rich while they do it.

The world will always be dependent on ME oil as long as Europe and North America keep their monopoly on oil refining.

Indeed...and part of that is controlling the distribution, which helps to inflate retail prices.

BTW, I've read your thread...please feel free to read mine...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am working on a follow up on the specifics of the oil industry in Iran, but wanted to provide a little background before hand.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I must admit, I haven't been keeping up with this whole situation lately.

I thought that the EU voted to block oil imports, so hasn't the "embargo" started before the Iranians chose these actions?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I must admit, I haven't been keeping up with this whole situation lately.

I thought that the EU voted to block oil imports, so hasn't the "embargo" started before the Iranians chose these actions?

The EU balked and made a timetable schedule.

I think July ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
this might be the first indications of a blowback on the Imperial Aspirations of the USA

a significant crack in the western allies solidarity, unless the USA exports its own WTI to make up for the Iranian shortfall caused by the USA sponsered Sanctions

other:

...It is worthy of note that Iran exports most of its fuel to China (20%), Japan (18%) and India (16%).
Europe is not the largest customer at this point. None of those countries consider the embargo a justifiable move.

The European consumers of Iranian oil shudder at the thought that Iran may block the Hormuz Strait in response to the economic sanctions from the West. If it happens, all the efforts aimed at overcoming the financial crisis, will be wasted in an instant.

Darya Deryabina

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I don't think this is blowback. I think this is intended. Part of playing chess is knowing your opponents move three to four moves ahead.

Blowback won't be seen until the final stages of the ME chess game is done with. IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You know what the crazy thing is? We don't even need oil. 10 years ago we could have all been driving electric cars, and gas pumps could have by now been mostly replaced with electric recharge stations. It's such a shame that human and technological progress is held back by the monetary system, because, there is no doubt that the electric car and battery technology was suppressed by people with oil interests and why? because of money! If we get rid of the monetary system 99% of our problems will dissappear overnight.
edit on 20-2-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadioactiveRob
You know what the crazy thing is? We don't even need oil. 10 years ago we could have all been driving electric cars, and gas pumps could have by now been mostly replaced with electric recharge stations. It's such a shame that human and technological progress is held back by the monetary system, because, there is no doubt that the electric car and battery technology was suppressed by people with oil interests and why? because of money! If we get rid of the monetary system 99% of our problems will dissappear overnight.
edit on 20-2-2012 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

Good theory.

But the only way it happens would be to get rid of all the Zsychopaths in the financial cartels.

Some also would argue that we need oil etc to produce the electric chargers.

edit on Feb-20-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join