It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Comet Goddess Venus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think that the planet Venus was once a Rogue Comet that entered and swept through our solar system many thousands of years ago...

On the way through,it passed close by the Earth and its gravitational attraction was near enough to tilt the Earths axis a little,but more than enough to disrupt the seasons,accelerate the melting of the most recent ice age glaciations,send massive tsunamis across large sections of the continents,cause multiple earthquakes and volcanic eruptions,create bizarre electrical interactions and huge lightning strikes between Earth and the rogue Comet Venus...

Those monumental and horrifying events are the origins of our myths and legends of the flood,the ancient deluge that just about every country has told about for thousands of years and its also the origin of our myths and legends of titanic battles and cosmic struggles in the Earth,on the Earth and in the sky between Gods and Goddesses,Angels and Demons and Dragons and Dragon Slayers...

Prehistoric People the world over who witnessed those terrors before their eyes and heard them in their ears many thousands of years ago,those who lived to tell about it,passed the memories of those cataclysmic events down to their children and they would have thought their Gods and Godesses were at war with eachother and extremely angry...

Ancient accounts and records from all over the world of massive "Fiery Dragons With Burning Tails In The Sky" and "Serpents With Burning Feathers In The Sky" are quite numerous...The Comet Venus > www.redicecreations.com...

Its very possible that where Venus is now in relation to the Sun,what Venus looks like now,what types of surface features and temperatures it has and the kind of weather it experiences,are exactly what a giant Comet would look like and be like after thousands of years...

Its now highly suspected that most or even all Asteroids were once actually Comets that have burned off their outer layers and this burning off we see in the night sky as the tails of Comets...

According to the information in this and other links,Pluto,with a diameter of 1,423 miles,might have once been a Comet and theres even a suspected Comet thats larger than Jupiter > wiki.answers.com...

So could Venus,with a diameter of 7,520 miles,have once been a "Rogue Comet?...Yes...

Earths diameter is 7,926 miles...

Jupiters diameter is 88,846 miles...

Ceres,the largest known asteroid has a diameter of 590 miles...

The distinction between "Asteroids" and "Comets" has now started to blur seriously...When Do Asteroids And Comets Become One And The Same? > www.spacedaily.com...

edit on 20-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I think venus was once a rogue comet that entered our solar system many thousands of years ago and on the way through,it passed close by the earth and its gravitational attraction was near enough to tilt the earths axis a little,but more than enough to send massive tsunamis across large sections of the continents,also causing earthquakes,volcanic eruptions and bizarre lightning interactions between earth and the rogue comet venus...

Thats the origin of our myths and legends of the flood,the ancient deluge that just about every country has told about for thousands of years and its also the origin of our myths and legends of titanic battles and cosmic struggles in the earth,on the earth and in the sky between gods and goddesses,angels and demons and dragons and dragon slayers...

I was watching Venus last night, and she was doing all sorts of strange things to my eye. Not sure why, but one second she seemed to have a tail, the next it was gone, then there again. Busy little bee at the moment one way or another.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Roman Goddess Venus and the Greek Goddess Aphrodite are different names for the same mythological being,the planet Venus and they are usually known for beauty,love and grace...

Yet ironically,the Goddess of Love was born of violence...

In Greek mythology,Aphrodite was born when Cronos castrated his father,Ouranos,whose semen fell into the ocean...

From that,Aphrodite instantly rose full grown from the sea...

The name Aphrodite comes from the Greek aphros, which means "sea foam" produced by the "violent churning of the ocean waves"...

Its more than a little obvious to me that those myths and legends of Aphrodite/Venus and her direct connection with a violent and disrupted ocean are the ancient race memories passed down through the generations,of when the Comet Venus passed close by the earth and tilted its axis,sweeping massive tsunamis high into the sky and far across the continents...
edit on 20-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its more than a little obvious to me that those myths and legends of Venus and her connection with the ocean are the ancient memories of when the Comet Venus passed close by the earth and swept tsunamis into the sky and across the continents...

Now, I'm going to have to interrupt you here, did Venus pass close by, or did we, Earth pass close by her? We are, all of us planets, moving in any number of cycles, so to presume an independent movement of one planet at one time would seem to be a little bit stretched when a more obvious explanation is far more likely.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm confused... is this something that you have concluded on your own, or is it just a reference to.... Comet Venus..

www.youtube.com...

4 videos, short of an hour.... the same thing... posted over a year ago. As well, I have made multiple references towards the theory in threads on ATS.

regardless... My thought is that this theory is awesome, and could be a nice piece to the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
btw... if you're not familiar with 'Symbols of an Alien Sky', I would suggest checking it out...

as it talks about interactions between planets and cosmological bodies being the fundamental basis for much of the symbology found from ancient paintings and carvings.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Its more than a little obvious to me that those myths and legends of Venus and her connection with the ocean are the ancient memories of when the Comet Venus passed close by the earth and swept tsunamis into the sky and across the continents...

Now, I'm going to have to interrupt you here, did Venus pass close by, or did we, Earth pass close by her? We are, all of us planets, moving in any number of cycles, so to presume an independent movement of one planet at one time would seem to be a little bit stretched when a more obvious explanation is far more likely.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Biliverdin because: (no reason given)
Looking from earth,from our point of view on the surface,venus would appear to be passing by us,but in reality you would be correct,the earth and venus passed by eachother and if there had been an impact,we wouldnt be here reading this now,we wouldnt be here at all,we wouldnt exist...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Velikovsky's Comet Venus > thunderbolts.info...

Venus In The Corner Pocket > www.unmuseum.org...

Venus Comet With Two Horns > reporteroo.info...
edit on 21-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well if it was a comet would it still be there as comets dont last for ever, every orbit of the sun they lose mass!

Planets and comets are 2 different things!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
I'm confused... is this something that you have concluded on your own, or is it just a reference to.... Comet Venus..

www.youtube.com...

4 videos, short of an hour.... the same thing... posted over a year ago. As well, I have made multiple references towards the theory in threads on ATS.

regardless... My thought is that this theory is awesome, and could be a nice piece to the puzzle.
I did a search through the search engine and i found a venus comet thread,meaning a thread that mentioned venus being a comet in its headline,that was started in 2006 and has'nt been posted in since 2009 and so i made another one that directly associated the comet,the planet and the goddess together in the threads headline and besides,most of the ideas and theories i put into my opening post i thought of on my own a long time ago and obviously,some of the ideas were branched off of scientific facts that i learned from science and astronomy books i read years ago,like the sizes and distances of planets,asteroids and moons...
edit on 21-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Didn't know comets were volcanic...

Coz ya know, Venus had/has a lot of volcanic activity.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by blocula

Well if it was a comet would it still be there as comets dont last for ever, every orbit of the sun they lose mass!

Planets and comets are 2 different things!

After a comet has burned off its outer layers,that we see happening when it forms a tail,sometimes it becomes an asteroid and scientists are starting to think that all asteroids were once comets...

The distinction between "Asteroids" and "Comets" has now started to blur seriously...When Do Asteroids And Comets Become One And The Same? > www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by blocula

Didn't know comets were volcanic...

Coz ya know, Venus had/has a lot of volcanic activity.

Theres probably different types of comets,just like theres different types of everything else in the universe...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Let's not forget rogue planets that drifts across space.

Maybe the tail the ancients saw was Venus' atmosphere blown away because it got too close to the sun while finding its orbit around it?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
how can a planet be a comet?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by minor007

A free floating one, frozen from its lack of sun, until it gets close to one?

I've seen a picture of the Earth with a tail, originating from the north as the atmosphere seemed to have been pushed by a blow. Apollo time. I will try to find it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Venus may have ripped away the atmosphere of mars as it passed close by...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'll have to read my Velikovsky's books again!
Good idea!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
reply to post by blocula

I'll have to read my Velikovsky's books again!
Good idea!
I read his book worlds in collision and at the time when it was first published in 1950 most people ripped it apart,the establishment didnt like being turned on their collective heads,but i think its an amazing and mind opening read thats very well written and researched and its much more accepted now and it was written long before chariots of the gods which was published in 1968...
edit on 6-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What I find sad today is that people now take his ideas and they present it as a novel one, from them. Never a mention of him.

But then again, he was "only" a psychiatrist playing in others fields. It's a no-no for scientists, it seems.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join