It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God has all attributes including evil iniquity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
God has all attributes including evil iniquity.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Ephesians 3:8-10 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God created the attribute of iniquity and placed that capability in Satan. The above quote seems to show iniquity as capable of negating perfection yet scriptures show that perfection is never ending. If it could end, then even God’s perfection would be at risk and this condition is one that God would never create.

All concepts were created for God’s pleasure.

What pleasure do you think God gets from iniquity?

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Seeing his greatest creation over come it.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
you shouldn't try to limit god to what a book says

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
you shouldn't try to limit god to what a book says

But, THAT is what the book says!

LOL

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Yes, this is the God who created both the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. He planted both in the Garden. Good and evil both come from God, as we see in the book of Exodus 32:12-14. We even see in those verses that God can repent. Truly, the deep things of God are difficult for us to get our mortal minds around!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Seeing his greatest creation over come it.

With Love,

Your Brother

Scriptures say that the vast bulk of his greatest creatures end in hell.

His pleasure has a high price.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Yes, this is the God who created both the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. He planted both in the Garden. Good and evil both come from God, as we see in the book of Exodus 32:12-14. We even see in those verses that God can repent. Truly, the deep things of God are difficult for us to get our mortal minds around!

Yes. You would think that if God wanted to be understood he would have given man a mind good enough to do just that.
So much for a bright God. That was a stupid move on God's part. Deep and stupid.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yes. You would think that if God wanted to be understood he would have given man a mind good enough to do just that.
So much for a bright God. That was a stupid move on God's part. Deep and stupid.

Regards
DL

God does not, and cannot, make a stupid move. He's like the chess player who is thinking ten moves ahead, but He is thinking thousands of moves ahead. Our understanding lags behind, but God has a purpose for that, too. In time, we will catch up, well a little...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Greatest I am[/url]

Sooo your god has evil in his nature?

I find evil abhorrent, and I like to think that the majority of posters on ATS, if not the majority of the worlds population are also unable of evil.

So are we closer to perfection than your god?

Or, if your god is actually perfect, and incapable of evil, does that mean we have more free will than your god?

How was your god able to give us an attribute that he does not posses?

Moreover as a free agent, which your god is not, constrained by it's nature as it is, human beings are able to choose between good and evil. Choosing good can then be called good on the very basis of that judgement. Your god however cannot be considered good for having made proper decisions because by his nature it cannot choose otherwise.

When a human being chooses to help a child in need, instead of allowing the child to die in poverty, he can be ruled good for the very reason he/she could've done otherwise. However when your god helps a child in need he does so not because its the good thing to do, or it chooses to do it, but only because it cannot do otherwise.

Therefore for your god to exist, children dying from poverty or disease must be a good thing because your god, who does good by its very nature, is choosing to allow these things to happen.

Seems like the actions of a robot to me..........

edit on 22-2-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

[
God does not, and cannot, make a stupid move. He's like the chess player who is thinking ten moves ahead, but He is thinking thousands of moves ahead. Our understanding lags behind, but God has a purpose for that, too. In time, we will catch up, well a little...

Have it your way by ignoring when he repented from missing the mark in Noah's day.

Keep your head in the sand.

Regards
DL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
reply to [url= by Greatest I am[/url]

Sooo your god has evil in his nature?
]

Perhaps we should begin afresh with you knowing that I do not believe in bible God and the O P is asking believers to explain where iniquity cam e from if not from the God they say can only do and is only, good.

You asked me some of the same questions that I am asking believers to explain.

Perhaps one will.

If you care to know a bit more of my view of evil before responding------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that it is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should see that what Christians see as something to blame, we should see that what we have, deserves a huge thanks where it belongs. God or nature.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join