It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

So the sun set would have been directly beyond the airport, which surely shows they wernt filming the airport?

Bingo!!!

edit on 25-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

So the sun set would have been directly beyond the airport, which surely shows they wernt filming the airport?

No.
The sunset was north of the airport.

edit on 2/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Eh, kind of. The sun would already be down, so now you are talking a twilight situation.
You aren't getting any direct sunlight into the lens/your eyeballs. And the pinkish hue flooding the sky like you have mentioned.
But this is definitely something that needs to be investigated further.
You are onto something that can help with the sunset.
I want to take a camping trip to the area, but won't be able to do so for a couple weeks, and the woman who has been posting can't/won't post an exact location...so what we see is what we get.
I think we are all doing a pretty good job breaking down this very little information into useful bits though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You seem to have moved the marker to somwhere near Southern Oroville...I don't think this is a good location, unless you can explain otherwise.
Best guesses put it much farther North in the Canyon Highlands area.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Just as another avenue have you tried google street view? If they filmed from that road you could try and find a view that looks similar to the video? A long shot I know but at least its something you can visualise.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Not exactly... that program isn't the best. If you zoom out the accuracy decreases, and when you zoom in the accuracy increases.

Also, she never gave us an exact position. Canyon Highland Drive is a very large road that goes fairly far North. In my calculations, she is on the northern most part of Canyon Highland Drive.

This is more accurate:

SunCalc

The sun is not setting directly at the airport, it is more North of the airport.

edit on 25-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

Oops.
Looks like Phage beat me too it.

Accidently had mine set for Feb 19th. Should have been 13th, so I changed it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by imp0ssibru

What about not messing around with google's default settings and let it be? Remind me never to play cards with you.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Hmm, no never thought of that, that's definitely worth a shot. It's getting late here though and I think that will have to wait until tomorow for me.
I'm sure someone else will give it a shot before then, though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

What about not messing around with google's default settings and let it be? Remind me never to play cards with you.

What do you mean messing around with google's default settings??

All I did was zoom in on the map to increase the accuracy of the sunset calculation, and then zoom out my internet browser using CTRL+Mouse Wheel so I can see more of the map.

You have to stop accusing me of messing with data, kid.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by imp0ssibru

What do you mean messing around with google's default settings??

All I did was zoom in on the map to increase the accuracy of the sunset calculation, and then zoom out my internet browser using CTRL+Mouse Wheel so I can see more of the map.

You have to stop accusing me of messing with data, kid.

Kid? I'm probably old enough to be your dad.

Yes, messing with the slider. Why? Because they're at a higher altitude? What difference from your point of view is going to change where the sun sets?? And you call yourself a hoaxkiller.

All you're doing is zooming the map but the scale still points to it's original location. You're fudging data no matter how you look at it. Not to mention, there's no elevation on the map to show you how far you're really zooming so it';s all guess work. And now you want to argue about google's accuracy? Give it up already. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

As you can guess, I have been over this video very thoroughly. I know that many of you have as well, and you continue to do so. I am posting because I would like to give you all my final analysis on the Oroville Lights.

I want to say first that I am a big fan of UFOology and especially, as mentioned previously, High Strangeness. I tend towards Jacques Vallee and his ideas about the whole phenomenon. That said I still like to think that there are elements to the whole thing which will prove one day that our world is infinitely stranger than we can ever imagine it is, it kinda happens every day in science and technology. Especially these days. So, I'm rambling. I am really just trying to say that my critical thinking can have hiccups at moments when my imagination goes in to over drive.

I got hung up on the part of the video that is featured in the second set of images I posted. I had already begun to get the feeling that it was aircraft as I was picking the vid apart. But when it came to the sequence that begins at 6:36 in the stabilized video provided by Gortex, I just could not figure it out.

I had a feeling (I go with the gut when thinking does not pan out) that it was a problem of perspective. I consulted with an artist friend and although she was not certain she suggested that I seemed to be on the right track. So...

I went ahead and consulted with a couple of our aviation professionals here at ATS. They shall go nameless unless they would like to join the thread and offer their posts. You see, more brains is better than one some times. So it was very helpful to get their advice.

Now here is what really set me off, folks. The banter from the kids. I began to realize that the boy and 'Maya' are pranking the girl that seems to be making the video. I can just hear it in their voices. They know that they are airplanes. I think that Maya actually pities her for a moment before getting back to pranking her.

I am sorry, MadiG, but that is my opinion. I understand if you feel betrayed.

I cannot in good conscience go another day without letting you know what I think here in my final analysis. Take it as you will.

Thems is aeroplanes, ATS.

Thank you for making this exciting for everyone.

X.

edit on 25-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Kid? I'm probably old enough to be your dad.

Yes, messing with the slider. Why? Because they're at a higher altitude? What difference from your point of view is going to change where the sun sets?? And you call yourself a hoaxkiller.

All you're doing is zooming the map but the scale still points to it's original location. You're fudging data no matter how you look at it. Not to mention, there's no elevation on the map to show you how far you're really zooming so it';s all guess work. And now you want to argue about google's accuracy? Give it up already. It's pathetic.

You are not a kid? You could have fooled me!

I never said I was hoaxkiller.

I didn't mess with anything!! STFU already. The calculation is still the same. All I did was zoom the Google map IN so you can see the street names. But I couldn't see the airport and the sun position marker in the same screen so I zoomed my web browser OUT too see them both. Nothing changed except how much of the map I can see at one time. You do know how to zoom your web browser in an out right?? It changes nothing except for what is visible. Get a clue!

Here is a screen shot of my entire browser:

I didn't fudge any data! You are just mad that we are proving you wrong so you accuse me of fudging data. It's pathetic.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is from 16:36 of the original video. It is certainly an airplane. It comes in on the same track as the very first light in the video.

I wanted to say one more thing before I go, you guys had Lord John Whorfin busting out the maps. Don't make Lord John Whorfin bust out the maps.

Just sayin'

Die hard defenders of the Not-AirPlane. I salute you and your efforts. I will try to do better next time.

Thanks again all.

X.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I believe you may be mistaken about her not giving her location. Sure, its not down to the mile-marker, but she does say DUNSTONE

Originally posted by Madisongreb
reply to post by is0ne

I didnt post this on here for your approval i didnt post this at all actually, i wanted to tell you the story behind the video i TRIED to post a link to the map so i just told you the area to look up DUNSTONE OROVILLE CA look it up you do some work cause im freaking tires ive been talking to jerks all night over this and im over it, i do nottttttttttttttttttttttttt careeeeeeeeeeeeeee anymore.

edit on 25-2-2012 by azureskys because: used word

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I would like to thank you for this thread. Great find!
No matter what
I have enjoyed all 42 pages (so far).
Even the bone headed comments

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Originally posted by azureskys
I believe you may be mistaken about her not giving her position. Sure, Its not down to the mile marker, but she does say DUNSTONE

Nope, not mistaken... Later she said it was NOT filmed from Dunstone.

Yea no it was not filmed from dunstone it was filmed at a high point in oroville by table mountain looking out toward dunstone.

She suspiciously kept changing her story... made it really hard for people to pin point exactly where she was.

[EDIT]

Never mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ok I'll have to go back and read again from when she came in

Thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

No problem...

Here is a list of all her comments on this topic:
Madisongreb's Replies

She did say this:

I was looking off a balcony on a road called canyon highlands it's right by table mountain we were north of the objects.

However, Canyon Highlands is a pretty long road. Not sure exactly where she was on it. I'm guessing on the Northern most side.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 25-2-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I don't understand why some of you are so shocked when video girl came to ATS and reacted with hostility. Have any of you actually read any of your posts lately? (Yes I am guilty too) If it was me I would have left after reading the first round of armchair attacks. Some people here aren't posting in the spirit of skepticism like they think, they're just here to inflate their own egos. This is why we come here everyday and the Aliens/UFO forum is filled up with mostly threads you don't even want to touch.

I read the entire thread and honestly, aside from a few off topic unrelated posts from passersby I didn't see any vastly outrageous claims that merit a full background search and a character assassination. The only thing I saw was a girl who seems to be being honest about what she saw and what might be airplanes. I bolded the word "might" because the bottom line is none of you actually know for certain if it is or not.

Being a "skeptic" doesn't mean showing up under 3 different user names and hardballing someone until you think you've found an inconsistency, that will only make you relentlessly pursue irrelevant points. A guitar that says "I

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join