It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by imp0ssibru

We've been over this. The Oroville airport is too far west. Look at the maps that have been displayed here. The main airport and the grubs intersection with dunstone. But I agree with you about something. Her directions are off and a bit contradictory. I really think she was looking more south but she doesn't know it. I'm basing that solely on the sun.

Phage, I know you're really good with astronomy. Where the hell does the sun set in February?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

well, you stated your case. what more do you want? do you want to argue? then answer one of my questions. Have you ever seen any lanterns rising up to the sky without being illuminated and then once high up in the sky all of a sudden flare up and sit stationary and move in different directions from other lanterns? Have you ever seen lanterns behave that way? Maybe you could find some videos of lanterns acting this way?

ok there ya go!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

post by dejarmaX
All due respect... Why are people shot down when putting forward an honest personal opinion??

38 pages of mostly repeating yourself and going over the same arguments frays the nerves a touch

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Time stamp please

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by Phage

It makes a big difference.
Which way does the runway run? How can anyone see the departure lights?

Well, the most likely runway to see landing lights from Canyon Highlands would be 01.
Considering the winds were calm that day and at the time of the video, any runway could be used.
Runway 01 would be a good choice for this situation, as the approach isn't into the sun (making it difficult on the eyes), and it is very long when compared to runway 12/30, allowing for an extra margin of error for safety purposes.
And considering that runway 01 is the only one at the field with a designated approach, it is most likely the most used runway at the field.

Now, I am not saying that this is 100% what happened, but it certainly isn't unreasonable to suggest with a degree of certainty that this could be the case.
If I were training, or even just flying into the field for some reason, I would use 01...just sayin.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

some people on here are insisting that these lights are going straight up off the ground into the sky..time and time again it has been explained that when an object (airplane) is coming towards you and is either decending or ascending and there is a big light on it , it will look like it is moving straight up or down. On a side note when the plane turns away from you the light will disappear. And being that there is an airport in the general direction that this was being filmed, its a pretty safe bet that these were planes..This is getting retarded that this even has to be explained.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

What do you mean too far west? She claimed she was in Canyon Highlands. That would put the airport more southwest which is the direction the camera was facing compared to the sunset.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We've been over this. The Oroville airport is too far west. Look at the maps that have been displayed here. The main airport and the grubs intersection with dunstone. But I agree with you about something. Her directions are off and a bit contradictory. I really think she was looking more south but she doesn't know it. I'm basing that solely on the sun.

Phage, I know you're really good with astronomy. Where the hell does the sun set in February?

Dude (or ma'am), have you read any of her replies to me or any of my posts? She says that she is CERTAIN that they were not looking S or SE or E at all (which happens to be the whole Grubbs area) and that they even had a digital compass saying they were looking West. AND, for some reason, she says they were looking at Grubbs over the Western horizon which is impossible from Canyon Highlands.
Mind you, this is someone who has repeated that she knows the area very well.
So...still think she wasn't looking West, even though she has said more that once that she was?

EDIT: I should add W and WSW...that general direction.
edit on 24-2-2012 by upgrayeddc310t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

He said departure. But that must have been a mistake.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Doesn't matter. The same runway would be used for approaches and departures like 99% of the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I know. That has me puzzled too. Which is why i'm only typing one line responses till she gets back for the hounding.
3rd

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

My point is, why would departure lights be pointing at the camera in Canyon dr? Landing lights, yes I would agree.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I dont agree what we need is good evidence that can't be disputed, and low and behold thats were your sceptics come in, if I saw something I thought was the real thing I would back it to the hilt!!!!

it doesn't matter because there will still always be somebody who, for whatever reason, will not even accept the evidence. It is the ultimate in slippery slopes because it can't be only kinda true. I think a big part of some peoples' stumbling block with the general story is that if we are lower on the intellectual food chain we are no longer in control. And we all know how humans get when they lose control and the ego is threatened. So some people don't wanna know because it will threaten who they are and there will never be enough evidence to convince them until it actually changes their life in a more tangible way, good or bad.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My point is, why would departure lights be pointing at the camera in Canyon dr? Landing lights, yes I would agree.

Dude, not to make you look stupid, but there is no such thing as "departure lights".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

www.youtube.com...

In the above video and the source video you can see the sun setting to the right. That would mean the camera is facing west / southwest. The witness claimed she was in Canyon Highland Dr. in Oroville. That would mean she is facing directly at Oroville Municiple Airport.

The stabilized video in the above link shows an aircraft landing, and that gives you an idea where the beginning of the runway is. You can also see an aircraft departing, that gives you an idea where the end of the runway is. From that you can determine that the aircraft are using runway 01 from Oroville Municiple Airport, because that is the only runway that runs in the direction shown in the video.
edit on 24-2-2012 by imp0ssibru because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

your first mistake is trusting a woman's sense of direction

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

Dude, not to make you look stupid, but there is no such thing as "departure lights".

Exactly! So why are we even talking about seeing planes going?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t

I'm sorry, but you are either trolling me or extremely stupid.
If you really need this explained I will do it when I get back from the store.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

but they eventually go somewhere

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

LOL! Face-palm.

If planes are landing, departing, or under 10000 feet, they must have their "landing lights" on. So we should see aircraft lights while landing, departing, and or flying under 10000 feet...

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join