It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

That would be great if you can get some HD video with a tripod. Please do this if your able to, Would be really good to see if this can be captured again.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there is an AIRPORT over that way. Gawd.

Based on what? Gawd...

Based on the lights in the video being aircraft landing lights.

Gawd.

Based on the fact the girl who filmed this is here now contradicting your airport theory thingy. How about them god apples?

Yeah, you're probably right. Those lights are most likely aliens in their flying saucers.

Do you people listen to yourselves at all?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anon77

Well, from reading the supposed witness' posts, she says that this kind of thing happens all the time, and she watched the event from sunset well into the early morning, so it would be plausible to see again.

But like I said, exact location would be necessary, so that we can use the same points of reference (like the tree-line and the tower, etc).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there is an AIRPORT over that way. Gawd.

Based on what? Gawd...

Based on the lights in the video being aircraft landing lights.

Gawd.

Based on the fact the girl who filmed this is here now contradicting your airport theory thingy. How about them god apples?

Yeah, you're probably right. Those lights are most likely aliens in their flying saucers.

Do you people listen to yourselves at all?

Don't worry, I have the same sentiment towards you as well. Difference is, I never said it was aliens...but it's aliens

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Experimental military drones, earth-lights, Who knows? Hasn't the US government recently passed something in congress to do with drones in US airspace?

Ever heard of Occam's razor? Or in other words the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false. I think these are either earth-lights (probably unexplainable) or military/commercial drones or other experimental aircraft of some kind. They don't seem to fly like any aircraft I can think of.

Aliens... well, I guess anything is possible. Highly unlikely I suspect...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by is0ne I am actually well known in UFOlogy. I am posting anonymously at the moment.

Given your knowledge of posters history yet you just registered in 2012, your general tone, and some various other factors ... I'd say you're hoaxkiller1/GiftofPr0phecy ... ? I'm not sure why a well known UFO researcher would have to be anonymous?

I am a video and image analyst, and specialize in image forensics and computer graphics. I also am a very thorough investigator and researcher with very risky and controversial interrogation skills lol.

You all are obviously amateurs.

And yet with all your skills, knowledge of sky watching, and skills in forensic imaging and photo analysis ... you decided to do this?

Once you realised this persons approximate age (given the general level of under graduate maturity) I would have suggested you back off; especially realising they are not a professional hoaxer or anything of the sort. If you couldn't let it go, hand over the information to moderators for review or notified the person via a U2U. Just my suggestion.

This is especially relevant when the person may not realise their personal details are able to be searched this way. The person told you in thread they didn't want you to know anything about them.

It's not like you found who killed JFK or captured bigfoot here. The stakes weren't that high. This was just irresponsible in my opinion amd a blatant attempt at self key noting. Your posts in this thread are more about you than the topic at hand IMO.

This is coming from a person who is skeptical about most things.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here is a similar video another city with lots of airports/airfields in the area.

Who was it again that said aicraft dont move like that

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by Xoanon

I have seen SOOOOOOOOOOO many of these little tiny-dancing-lights-on-the-horizon videos. They are fake. Please stop

"Condamnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
-Albert Einstein

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSmith
I dont care if there is aliens in that video. Its so damn shaky that I cant even watch it.

I dont understand you people. You find what might be an actual ufo, yet you cant even hold the damn camera still for 60 seconds for the public to dissect the video.

This is why so many like me cant take this subject seriously, there is NEVER and good video.

it's still long enough to show a high strangeness factor. it's really up to you if you can't watch the whole thing, but that's what you have to put up with in order to have a valid opinion. And on the flipside to that when the camera is perfect people use that as an excuse why they think it's fake.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Experimental military drones, earth-lights, Who knows? Hasn't the US government recently passed something in congress to do with drones in US airspace?

Ever heard of Occam's razor? Or in other words the simplest explanation will be the most plausible until evidence is presented to prove it false. I think these are either earth-lights (probably unexplainable) or military/commercial drones or other experimental aircraft of some kind. They don't seem to fly like any aircraft I can think of.

Aliens... well, I guess anything is possible. Highly unlikely I suspect...

Simplest explanation: Aircraft. Man-made aircraft. You can't identify what kind because they are too far away. Anything beyond that is pure speculation. End of story.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This could be easily fake, nothing to show it is not.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

you can't get video footage of the crafts anywhere else but on top of a hill where we were we live on a horizon itself so we got to see the horizon to the west of us people all over sad they say them but they said they saw them one at a time not like how we did, it would have been to hard for anyone else to film due to the area it was in with massive trees.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

haha its not FAKE how would i even make this? lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

*rolls eyes* this is a IFO... identified flying object: Chinese lantern! ....my proof? go buy one and use it and then look at that video and tell me it dosnt look the EXACT same.

i have set them off before.. a few times, even two at a time that move together and yes they look like a space ship
they are very cool for parties...i would recommend everyone to try it.
edit on 22-2-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

EDIT: you can even see the flame flicker at some points!
edit on 22-2-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

anyone with a brain knows that zooming in on things far away is extremely hard and impossible to hold it still you're lucky you got an 18 min video instead of a 2 minute one that would be JUST as shakey. so next time you see something in the sky you try and film it without making a move in 30 degree weather zoomed in 40x. do it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

so what aircrafts are those just hanging out in the sky like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherHumanBeing

so people are buying these and going to deep forrests, setting them off every other night for a week now? in oro ca. interesting.................................................and what about the other crafts that didnt look and ARE NOT lanters?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I went through a few pages of this but not enough time to look at all. I flew out of Beale AFB from the late 80's to mid 90's and if this person is filming in that direction you may see some of the drones that are flying from Beale now. If we did an extended down wind while in the pattern we would just about get to Oroville before turning back. The SR-71 and U-2's would also take off and remain inside the confines of the Beale restricted airspace. High altitude flight could be cleared from ground to 50K to avoid conflicts in airspace with commercial traffic so you could see some weird takeoff profiles from Beale for this reason (not SR now but U-2). I have no idea what those lights are I am just offering this up as I spent quite a bit of time in that airspace.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Madisongreb

Can you post the exact location of where the video was taken?
I posted earlier that I live in the East Bay area and could take a weekend to head up there and take some tri-pod videos of the area and hopefully see the same thing again because you said it occurs a lot in the area.
Exact location is important so people can still use the same reference points that are in your video such as the tree-line and the tower.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by upgrayeddc310t

ive stated the exact location more times than i can even remember...probably like 15.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join