It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Young People Film Strange Aerial Phenomenon In Oroville, CA.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Approaching where??? The marsh? I've proven to you there is no airport. Eventually a more accurate location will come to fruition and when it does, it still won't help you.... I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by bottleslingguy

How do you know how far away the objects were do you know how much zoom was being used or the EXACT location they filmed from?

by the sounds of her flicking the zoom button I highly doubt this is an HD camera we're dealing with. you can get an idea of the scale when one of the lights goes from above the clouds to in front of the clouds and then it goes down further below in front of the ridge line. I would bet they were like a quarter mile away (less than a thousand meters). At one point she holds the camera steady enough to see one go from hovering in front of the clouds then moving to the right away from the camera into the clouds.

If someone would stabilize some of the clearer shots it might help with the discussion.

one of the more interesting shots is when one of them goes from a single light to a double and back, also the flickering and color changing. Again Alison Kruse has hours of this stuff.
edit on 21-2-2012 by bottleslingguy because: edit distance

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

There is no need. Watching her video you can clearly see they are looking south to SW. If the airport is behind them five miles, the exact location is irrelevant. It knocks all plane theories to the swampy mud below

the "plane" theory is wrong because the lights hover below the ridgeline. end of story

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Show me Chinese lanterns that big that can move like these things do and I'll reconsider my opinion. To me it's a question of proportion. There are periods on the video where there are fairly good stable views of the lights. I estimate the range from the camera to be from as close as three miles to as far as ten miles at certain points. I've seen internally lighted hot air balloons at those ranges and these lights appear to about a quarter of their size. Meaning they're the size of a large truck. That would be one hell of a Chinese lantern.

But, as stated I'll keep an open mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

Preach on brotha

Something else to consider is that the intense glowing towards the end of the video disqualifies lanterns, planes & helicopters. Hovering that low & that bright is just too abnormal.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

There is no need. Watching her video you can clearly see they are looking south to SW. If the airport is behind them five miles, the exact location is irrelevant. It knocks all plane theories to the swampy mud below

Care to prove the EXACT location they filmed from if you can!

Got a utube channel? Go ask her yourself. And be polite about it. But I don't understand why you still need to know that in light of already knowing the airport is behind them. They're not cessnas performing touch and goes at the airport.

How do I know because YOU say that or she says THAT , someone from that area posted that there are 3 airfields in the area NOT one, or are they all behind her.

edit on 21-2-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

I am going to go out on a limb right now and assume you two are talking about AK? if so she has recorded the same lights from two different vantage points simultaneously, one from her camera on the deck and the other from her security camera on her roof. They clearly show the lights moving around below the tree line.no more than a half mile away. Not only that but they all of a sudden grow more lights and then turn into strange aerial craft moving back and forth across the ridge line dropping down to hover and start flashing different colors. She's done a great job proving her case. The only thing her detractors have at this point is hysterics. so if you two are not talking about Allison then never mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmdrZero
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Show me Chinese lanterns that big that can move like these things do and I'll reconsider my opinion. To me it's a question of proportion. There are periods on the video where there are fairly good stable views of the lights. I estimate the range from the camera to be from as close as three miles to as far as ten miles at certain points. I've seen internally lighted hot air balloons at those ranges and these lights appear to about a quarter of their size. Meaning they're the size of a large truck. That would be one hell of a Chinese lantern.

But, as stated I'll keep an open mind.

I'm betting they are closer than a mile and not bigger than a small car, but then at one point that one turned into a double light, started moving like a plane laterally and then turned back into a single light. They also dis and reappear moving within proximity to one another. Allison Kruse's youtube channel has hours of really strange behavoir. I think that is what is important about footage like this- high strangeness factor.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Xoanon

No one said she was at an airport did they, but 3 airfields in the area kind of shots the ufo claims down!

the lights go from above the clouds to below and in front of the ridge line. can't be planes and planes don't act like that.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

reply to post by Xoanon

No one said she was at an airport did they, but 3 airfields in the area kind of shots the ufo claims down!

the lights go from above the clouds to below and in front of the ridge line. can't be planes and planes don't act like that.

It CAN be planes and planes DO act like that.
I live right next to Dulles Airport and see this all the time. Unless I am seeing UFOs daily....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon
Thank you all for being here to make this a great thread,

I would like to reiterate that the video that I posted on page 1 of this thread was from 'EbensR4Real'.

He or she is not the original poster of this video.

This girl is...

Briar Rose's YouTube Channel...

www.youtube.com...

And this is the video that she posted

Interestingly enough the first thing she says is, "Waiting for something to happen".

You will notice from her YouTube channel that this is the first thing of this kind that she has posted.

She does not hang out at airports recording planes.

Thanks again everyone.

X.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Xoanon because: .

right at the beginning she says "there's the other one in the forest"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

COmpletely agree with you, I even thought these lights were to big to be landing lights on a cessena never mind chinese bloody lanterns. Ive seen numerous lanterns float right over the top of me literally a couple hundered yards away from me and even then they look small and dim.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Look at these "UFOs", you can even purchase them.

Case is closed

edit on 21-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've just been in touch with the original youtube poster to tell her about this thread and ask her about the sighting, Have encouraged her to register here and comment on the thread. Hopefully she will do. This is her youtube channel.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Thanks, Xoanon -

A star and a flag for this. Having watched the whole thing, there are certainly things happening here which to me have nothing to do with planes landing, turning, etc. If, like many of us hardcore folks you have watched a qa-zillion videos, it gets easier to spot a unique one.

Not sure what is happening here, but for me the amount of time the lights remain stationary and the size compared to the surrounding perspective objects(trees, clouds) makes this curious.

Looking fwd to the folks who will stabilize and all the other great diagnostic tools brought by the pros here.

Thanx, I enjoyed the action - from an old guy who's seen his share of first-hand far out lights & crafts up there, appreciate your efforts.

Nexo

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
I've just been in touch with the original youtube poster to tell her about this thread and ask her about the sighting, Have encouraged her to register here and comment on the thread. Hopefully she will do. This is her youtube channel.

Star for that and just another point to make, when viewing UFO videos for the first time, you shouldn't require any volume because as is the case with this video you get un-needed commentary which can taint the footage. After a few watches then listen with the volume up. You can't say the girl in this video is a fruitcake because you don't know her.

Beginners mind or shosin is a very good tool especially in this field.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The Joplin Spook Lights, Joplin Missouri...

www.modernmysteries.tv...

Member: bottleslingguy

I think that is what is important about footage like this- high strangeness factor.

Dearest ATS and thread-mates,

Thank you again for making this a really fun and popular thread. It is threads like these that can bring out the best in ATS members; let's face it, everyone has done a great job and no-one has called anyone else an a**hole or used the f bomb. That is, everyone except WMD, who refuses to simply go and politely ask BriarRose where she is located. Thanks WMD (
).

So listen, folks. based on what I am about to tell you, you are probably going to like me even less than if I had tried to convince anyone that these lights are extraterrestrial spacecraft...

I think they are earthlights and what I think this little video is, is a great example of what bottleslingguy is talking about, high-strangeness.

Like I said in my OP (or a little thereafter), I am thinking Jaques Vallee, not Jim Marrs.

This...

Not this...

This:
www.sacred-texts.com...

Is anybody pickin' up what I'm layin' down?

X.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Good work on the maps!

Below is the zoomed in airport and the picture was rotated 180 degrees. Notice north is at the bottom as indicated by the google compass top right.
I've triangulated your approximate position of the kids at 2.4 miles with the yellow lines. The red lines = 6.9 miles outward from the runways. Notice the lake in the center and the fields throughout. Not the terrain the film shows. They are in a residential area.

Yeah, the runway points right over Thermalito. If those sets of lights at the 3:30ish - 3:50ish mark is an airplane leaving the airport using 10/190, and we see in the video that this "plane" is coming toward the camera and moving off to the right a bit, then it stands to reason they are further to the left of the left red line in your triangle. That would put them pretty much in Oroville. We can also see in the video that they are shooting over a small valley, which may put them to East Oroville or possibly Kelly Ridge (as someone had claimed in a youtube post), or heck... even further in the foothills.

Now here I've rotated it back to we can see the eight counties that make up the foothills. The airport is north of there. Which would contradict the sunset. Without knowing exactly where they are, so far the evidence tends to suggest that the airport is behind them. I can dig into the triangulation photo and try to see what's there regarding vantage points but I don't think they're anywhere near there.

I don't understand what you mean by this. The Sierra foothills makes up the entire side of the Sierra mountain range, with Oroville being at the base of the foothills. Oroville municipal AP is to the West of the Sierra foothills.

It's really after the 3:50 mark. If those are cessnas as you say, that incline is way too steep. It's literally ascending at 120 degrees. And there are two lights prior to going behind the branch, then only one.

The 3:50 mark light actually starts at the 3:15 mark as two lights in the distance. And proceeds from the horizon toward and slightly to the right of the camera at a slow steady rate of speed. It's ascent is fairly slow and steady as well. Coupled with the illusion of foreshortening and a slowly climbing airplane the ascent rate may seem a bit more dramatic than it actually is if you could see it from the side lets say.

And lets not forget that she stopped recording just as the light went behind the thicker part of the tree. So we don't know how it would have looked if/when it came out from the other side.

i dont want to take to news cause no one will believe me, and yea no airports only vast fields and deep forrest we live in the valley the airport is 5 miles behind of where this was filmed and its an airport for little planes for crops and such

Five miles behind the airport they were. So I was correct. They are south of the airport. So I hope we can all stop with the airplanes coming in for a landing. I knew there was something to this sighting.

That's a bit ambiguous. Does she mean the airport is 5 miles behind the where they were videotaping (a house), or 5 miles behind where the objects were in the sky? The airport could still be south of their location depending on what she meant.

The only other thing that resembles an airport is the Jones aviation museum. Go search for it. It's a shack at the end of a dirt road.

Go a bit more to the left and you'll see the actual crop duster strip, complete with a yellow crop duster parked out front. In fact, I'm beginning to think these may be crop dusters that they're seeing, not T&G Cessnas. It would make more sense. They do seem to be shooting from a hilly side looking over a valley to another ridge and that would put them more in the foothills, which wouldn't make sense to see planes coming and going from a landing strip as they wouldn't line up well at all from that angle. BUT, ever seen a crop duster fly? How close they get to the ground and pull up? Tight turns? They are dipping into the valley for a quick spray of which the opposite ridge line is hiding, maybe?

Originally posted by Kali74
You've really backed up your facts, some still look odd to me but it is a shakey vid. I'd like it to be earth lights or even stranger but I think you got it. Thank-you.

OP, despite what the overly negative have commented, I don't think this was a waste of time at all. A good discussion is taking place as well as some learning. Thank-you.

I've tried to back up some ideas but it's still up in the air,
I agree, I haven't been on ATS for awhile and this thread is a good exercise for our brains! Good discussions, ideas, and debates.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
No way are they lanterns unless they are remote controlled! Lol! Seriously, someone is controlling whatever the UFO is, so cannot in anyway be a lantern!

Also, they are not planes, planes do not move like that either, and certainly dont go that close to each other!

Just accept facts, these are UFO's and people have been seeing stuff like this for years, long before planes or lanterns existed!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Nothing but balloons filled with glow stick liquid, or chinese lanterns. They move to slow to be a ship of any sort. You can watch them slowly rise, and they even flicker like some sort of flame ignites them. Even possibly high projected laser beams, like the little laser pins but much more powerful. They shine off the clouds. I did see one in open space though, so I am leaning more towards a balloon / Lantern explanation.

I have spent alot of time in Oroville, Ca because friends of mine own a Cabin there. Lake Oroville is about the only thing nice about it, other than the woods and waterfalls (Feather falls) that surround the area. Other than that, alot of meth labs, con artists and illegal aliens downtown from the Lake which is beautiful, clean and warm in spring and summer.

I could tell you a story about Oroville that would blow your mind away. What's good about it, is it has a happy ending. ~SheopleNation

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmdrZero
For any and all interested here's a stabilized version of the video.
Follow this link youtu.be...
After playing with the video a couple of things caught my eye.

This image is of what appears to be a tower of some sort. What's weird is that it's not lighted and as tall as it is (unless it's a well disguised tree) it should be. The Oroville Municipal Airport is 3 miles SW of downtown Oroville. Looking at aerial navigational maps I couldn't find any towers of any sort where they should be if what we see in the video is air traffic (the touch and go's mentioned).

I also discovered that the airport has no tower so considering the time of the day and the fact that these things continue past dusk I don't think these are student pilots. In fact I think the FAA would have a bowel movement if they discovered that that many students (obviously not IFR certified) were out there practicing at that time of day. There's also the fact that the lights appear to be several miles away from the airport at different times and that's not the usual way T&G's work. They generally never get more than a couple of miles away from the airport before they circle for a landing.

Then there's the landing light theory. I lived at the end of San Diego International for a while and I used to work near the near the airport in Memphis. I've seen landing lights. These are not landing lights and as big as they are they sure as hell aren't landing lights on a small Cessna. No way!

The helicopter theory is another hard one to buy. I have never seen a police helicopter use a search light where there wasn't a distinguishable beam to the ground. Traffic helicopters are dinky little things and I've never seen one equipped with search lights. So, I don't think these are helicopters.

That kind of leaves the military and you know who plus whose to say that they aren't one and the same? There is enough military in the area to certainly make them suspect but even they have rules. The one that stands out is the minimum altitude that must be maintained over inhabited areas. Some of these lights dip down so near the ground they must have been completely silent not to disturb folks on the ground.

I won't even discuss the Chinese lantern theory unless some one can show me one the size of a large weather balloon that would need a propane torch to heat it up.

What are they? Damned if I know but I'd sure like too. And for all the nonsensical crap the OP has had to deal with I have the urge to S&F him again.

It will be interesting to see if these things are ever positively identified but I won't hold my breath. Good job OP!
edit on 21-2-2012 by CmdrZero because: hopefully to correct "malformed" links

edit on 21-2-2012 by CmdrZero because: gave up with the built in ATS linker

If you read one of my previous posts, there are in fact obstructions that could be towers listed on approach plates for this airport.

And student pilots operate like that all the time. When I was training at an even smaller airfield than Oroville, it wasn't uncommon to have up to 6 planes in the traffic pattern, and being Instrument certified has nothing to do with it as the weather is well above IFR minimums.

As far as them looking as though they are far out of a typical traffic pattern, some of them could have been practicing the pattern, some of them that look far out could be owner/operators coming returning home, and some of them could have been training aircraft shooting approaches.

In a rural area the minimums are 500 ft above the highest obstacle on your flight path, but that can be broken during certain training maneuvers if you aren't over a place where people are living, like you obviously wouldn't go lower than the 500 min over someone's house.

And someone mentioned other airports in the area, there are even more that aren't listed on google maps. There's Paradise, Jones, Bowles, and Richdale; which are all private fields so I think we can rule out this amount of traffic being at them. And then there is Brownsville. But based on where someone claims the taker of the video claims to have been during the event, apparently they were not facing the airfield.
I would ask the youtube user the EXACT location they were at, but I don't want to set up a youtube account.

So, if what the person claims is true, that they weren't facing the airport, then IDK. They certainly look like lanters but I don't think it is that. Certainly Unidentified Objects if you rule out aircraft.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join