It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why else are we lurking at ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Trolls: we all have a little of it in us. We hide from our selves mostly and hiding brings us to an identity crisis all of its self.
There is the ever "Needing a Guru" Syndrome and the"Narcissistic Personality" but why are we all here?

Why does someone who doesn't believe in something make a point of Debunking that Idea? Because we can? Or is there more to it? Is it "Closet Belief" where someone wants to believe in something, like an Agnostic will Debunk God secretly harboring a desire to be shone "The Way"? Or the Atheist approach. There is no God and I am gonna rub it in your face every chance I get. We see it in topics of "Alternate Life Styles" the realm of Politics and in Military discussions.

The ever deniable topic of 2012. Those that think it will end, those that know it wont end, and those that think it is STUPID.

Why do you hang out here at ATS? If you are not WAITING for something to happen, what are you waiting for?

I think it's a phenomenon carry over from Talk Radio where we didn't get to participate. Now, at ATS we can.

Last Question? Why are you right and I am wrong?
edit on 20-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I lurk to find out what day the world will end

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Why does someone who doesn't believe in something make a point of Debunking that Idea.

To deny ignorance ? Aren't we here to help extinguish that ignorance. Can't do that without some debunking , critisim , and seeing all points of view.

If you let it go , and the thread is just filled with more ignorance , then other people who google to ats will read that read , and fall into the same ignorance and spread it life wild fire lol.

debunkers are your friend, work with the knowledge they have to make a more informed community.

have you seen some of the thread titles that go on around here ? can you imagine if debunkers or skeptics were banned on this site , and the kooks allowed to roam it free and fill it with pure non sense ? nobody to intervine , and let the fairy tales continue ?

you know what that would make ats?

Or the Atheist approach. There is no God and I am gonna rub it in your face every chance I get

lol well maybe god should come help those who are on earth preaching for him no ? Give them a little boost , or strike that athiest down to prove a point, but that god stays quite

does not help , lets his most devoute followers be eaten by ridicule and lack of evidence. Can you really blame the athiests. ? We live in a period of science and tangable evidence with a hint of reason and logic. IF you can't bring that to the table with an argument , then lets just talk about unicorns , santa claus , and flying spagetti monster... since evidence is not required.
edit on 20-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

can you imagine if debunkers or skeptics were banned on this site , and the kooks allowed to roam it free and fill it with pure non sense ? nobody to intervine , and let the fairy tales continue ?

I can imagine and have seen what that looks like, check out the Pole Shift forum on Ning.
They actually say in their Zeta talk area - "Debunking is not allowed."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It's so sad how people troll really.
What if we all worked together to find for example extra terrestrial life. Then only one, ONE video would be evidence that we're not alone.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm here because I want to be the last post before it all goes BOOM! J/K.

The reason we're here is the free exchange of ideas and perspectives. I don't know about "denying ignorance", but I think everyone has an opinion, learned or otherwise.

The problem with some of our "debunkers" is that they're just as crazy as the craziness they're trying to debunk. Nevertheless, we have some good ones too, and I enjoy hearing their take on a topic whether I agree with them or not.

The same can be said of the "believers". And I can't imagine this site without both sides of the debate.

We all believe we have something of value to add to the topic at hand. And there's nothing wrong with that thinking. Because in most cases it's true whether you or I see that value or not. Someone else does.

Trolls? Starve them!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Until today I was here to discuss topics which interested me but after today's incredibly weird round of deleted threads on oceanic worms (WTF???) I am prolly gonna start looking elsewhere for my interactive news forum outlet. I like exchanging opinion and enjoy the debate from some good posters. I absolutely hate posting a detailed response to a 404'ed thread that was a duplicate and then getting a steaming pile of 404 links in my U2U about it.
What is so GD difficult in merging threads and not pissing on those who chose the "wrong" one? To me ATS is becoming the lowest common denominator
APB

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

New to the Net ?

First rule of posting... Save your work offline.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hardly new and it was hardly about just the data loss. Policy of disrespect is the gist of my irritation. Getting an autogen 404'ed link about your 404'ed post is just rude and sloppy. Considering the efforts used to control content It seems lazy and disrespectful to link some one in a dead end circle of 404'ed threads on freaking polychaete worms for god's sake!
Yeah rip me a new one for thinking it gets a bit of the smell of a dairy meadow around here at times.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
All you guys have great answers,,,they made me laugh in a good way and will sustain me through tomorrow
thanks LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
All you guys have great answers,,,they made me laugh in a good way and will sustain me through tomorrow
thanks LOL!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanPitBull

"It seems lazy and disrespectful to link some one in a dead end circle of 404'ed threads on freaking polychaete worms"

'dead end circle' ?

I noticed those identical threads. One was removed the other is still standing .

Stuff happens just as you can see above- A Double Post.

Oh noes - that must be the Sites fault too, right ?

Just bad timing in your case, me thinks.

- 2 identical threads posted by mistake by the same author. Obviously one had to be removed, right ?

You happened to pick the wrong one to compose your awesome response to.

But how "rude and sloppy " to remove one of the dup threads and not send you a personal alert.

I''ve seen others lose their work for whatever reasons because they didn't save it .

Difference was they were pissed at themselves. Go figure

So, in answer the OP - I guess some of us are lurking to deny ignorance.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am here because you people entertain me.
The paranoia entertains me.
The America bashing entertains me.
The blindly devoted entertain me.
The extremely skeptical here entertain me.
Last but certainly not least, the intelligent part of the ATS user base sustains me, and on occasion provides an outlet for intelligent and reasonable conversation.

Sometimes it's fun to pick on people here and there but trolling ATS is like shooting fish in a barrel. I feel sorry for anyone that feels like they've accomplished something by doing it.
edit on 21-2-2012 by thatonedude because: typo

top topics

join