It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ‘test-tube’ hamburger to be produced this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Since the other thread was closed, I'll repeat my comments here.

See, modern science has already proven itself to be a pathetic collection of truly insane megalomaniacs who will gladly splice the genes of animals and insects into crops so that they can create vaccine crops, or vaccine-carrying mosquitoes, or goats that produce spider silk, or some other kind of monstrosity that serves the power-tripping globalists.

I don't understand the negativity. This sounds like a great idea to me and a big step forward.

The gross factor is all in your mind. Take milk for example, on the surface, I can't think of anything grosser than juices milked from the teat of a cow, yet it's nice, and the gross part you put out of your mind and get over it.

As for the poisoning comments, if even 10% of the harm was being done that the conspiracy theorists think is being done, people would be dropping dead all over the place, with no one reaching the age of 30, and yet we're living longer lives than ever.

The only thing that's pathetic is this guy's closed-minded fear mongering.
edit on 21-2-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can add that the stem cells used to grow this "meat" is taken from cow fetuses, to me this sounds grose.

The technology open up some posibilities like adding genes from humans to make the end product is more compatible with human biology while avoiding any risk of allergies. This would certainly raise some new ethical questions.

Test tube hamburgers made from thin strips of meat grown in a nutrient vat laced with bovine fetus stem cells.

The test tube meat strips actually pulsate and twitch during their laboratory growth phase, by the way, and they're ultimately ground up with strips of test tube fat grown in a similar way to produce a fatty hamburger-like substance. This has been accomplished by Professor Mark Post of Maastricht University in the Netherlands

And then, of course, it's only a matter of time before they start to genetically modify the test tube meat, perhaps using selected genes from the human genetic code to make the end product is more compatible with human biology while avoiding any risk of allergies. So then what do we have? Hybrid bovine / human meat.

See, modern science has already proven itself to be a pathetic collection of truly insane megalomaniacs who will gladly splice the genes of animals and insects into crops so that they can create vaccine crops, or vaccine-carrying mosquitoes, or goats that produce spider silk, or some other kind of monstrosity that serves the power-tripping globalists.

So I guess if you set up a test tube meat lab, splice together a bunch of genes from various species (humans, cows, dogs, insects, ogres, possums and Janet Napolitano) and then grow a vat of some sort of convulsing fibrous tissue that can be made into a 99-cent hamburger, then the great masses will eat it! Who cares what the tissues are floating in, right? NaturalNews

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

I kind of agree with you that it's a little narrowminded to shoot it down before it has been tested.

I don't agree with you'r analysis of the "slow genocide", it is happening on record, read a few threads on Bisphenol A, Aspartame or GMO. But, I also have to agree with you that there is a lot of fearmongering around some of these "toxins" which may not be true.

You living in UK is also under attack! Denmark tried to get a EU-ban on both Aspartame and Bisphenol a which was rejected/turned down by the union....they ignore most/all the scientific documentation against stuff like this and order a new research done by their own "scientists" to give themself credibility.

If the "fetus-meat" is thoroughly testet and it is proven without a doubt that theres no side-effects like those in GMO-corn I might change my mind, but I'm fully against releasing stuff like this before its tested. You also need some strict regulations to avoid the ethical problems like crossbreed animal-human meat.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I eat the skin on the side of my finger sometimes. Skin cells, salty.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why is this disgusting? Because they use the stem cells from a fetus?

Yeah.. thousands of people starving to death is a tad more disgusting than using some cells in a fetus to feed them all, even if McDonald's plans on feeding the world like the article tried to imply.

A bovine human hybrid for food? Really? Check out what cannibalism does to a person from smells to mental health and tell me that will work. If anything, they would harvest the organs to be used in people but I believe sheep are better?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniraug
Why is this disgusting? Because they use the stem cells from a fetus?
As i said in my 2nd post, I may be exagerating a little when i call it grose. But, I still feel theres ethical and biological issues that need to be taken care of before this is released.

Yeah.. thousands of people starving to death is a tad more disgusting than using some cells in a fetus to feed them all, even if McDonald's plans on feeding the world like the article tried to imply.
That would be great aslong as we dont add a lot of dangerous or stupid side effects.

A bovine human hybrid for food? Really? Check out what cannibalism does to a person from smells to mental health and tell me that will work. If anything, they would harvest the organs to be used in people but I believe sheep are better?
Many governments dont care about you'r mental health. Again I urge you to investergate stuff like Aspartame, bisphenol a, fluoride and thimerosal in vaccines if you want some proffs about attacks on your mental state. If they cared they would fight for bans and substitutes on stuff like this.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir

I don't agree with you'r analysis of the "slow genocide", it is happening on record, read a few threads on Bisphenol A, Aspartame or GMO. But, I also have to agree with you that there is a lot of fearmongering around some of these "toxins" which may not be true.

Why are people who make absolutely no attempt to avoid these substances living long and healthy lives?

I'll repeat what I said before. A truly tiny percentage of people take any notice of these internet articles warning of these substances, and yet...we're living longer than ever.

It just doesn't stack up. If "they" are trying to kill us they're doing a lousy job. I'm not sure exactly how bad these toxins are, but their affect is clearly minimal.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

We're not seeing a huge increase in cancer?
We dont see expanding problems with learning- and behavior- disorders?
We don't see a change in teens puberty? (girls evolving earlyer, boys later)
We don't see mens spermcount and quality crashing?
We don't have a huge increase in depressions?
Theres no increase in brainsicknesses like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease?

The obesity-epedemic in the US might also be linked to Bisphenol A, all thou peoples general chooice of food probably is the big culprint here.

And don't forget stuff like GMO is so slow a killer that it need generations to start its genocide. Within 3 generations test-mammals grow sterile if they live on GMO-corn. Humans is still on first generation.

You are absolutly certain the problems i mention can't be linked to the "killers" I mentioned, even thou you can find thousands of studies that will back up my claims?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Now read this article please and put things together...

are we gonna eat it?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The people complaining remind me of people who use to say they'd never drive car because how fast they went and how much more dangerous they were then horse drawn carriages. Change or die , that's the way of nature. You can all live in the past with your precious vegetables and I'll be in the future with my cool cyborg arm and my test tube hamburgers. Have living in the stone age.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by awatara
Now read this article please and put things together...

are we gonna eat it?

from that link;

The EU will spend three million Euros to research 'the potential of insects as an alternative source of protein.'

Research projects will be selected this year.

Food experts agree that insects would probably have to be disguised for European audiences, so the insect 'food' could be used as an additive in burgers and other fast food.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...# ixzz1n5ayZGom

Euwwww ..... yuk !!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
So we are going to feed all the poor people artificial meat and keep normal meat for ourselves?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well if theres a market for it, and people general like the product fine whatever. As long as its not dangerous or anything without a warning. I might try a test-tube burger someday, see if its for me. Though I don't really see myself getting into them.

I prefer the taste of life in my meat , theres just something in a good quality American Hamburger(though I bet those Brits meat pudding puts that to shame
) where you can taste I don't know the lifeforce or some crap like that
. Which is why I pay the extra buck to eat a good burger joint rather than fast-food, which is pretty much boiled test-tube meat anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Why are people who make absolutely no attempt to avoid these substances living long and healthy lives?

I'll repeat what I said before. A truly tiny percentage of people take any notice of these internet articles warning of these substances, and yet...we're living longer than ever.

It just doesn't stack up. If "they" are trying to kill us they're doing a lousy job. I'm not sure exactly how bad these toxins are, but their affect is clearly minimal.

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I would weigh in on this. The same people warning us of the corporations that are killing us off and sending us to a early grave(which makes no sense whatsoever) are the same people warning us of that the earth is being overpopulated!

Though you get the some people that say they want us to believe in overpopulation so they can kill us off. However thats diving in the deep end of the pool, and I didn't bring my floaties tonight so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Wait, this is real? Weekly World News posted a link to it, so I just assumed it was one of their "articles". I've seen references to the "grossness" of the idea, but in all honesty, it seems a lot more appealing than what's going into animal-based products now. The only reason I can eat meat is because I don't think of where it comes from. I refuse to eat crab or any other creature that I need to personally disembowel; it literally makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Another thing to consider is that to make realistic lab-grown meat you may need an immune system replacement to prevent the meat from getting infected while growing. So such meat may be stuffed with conservants and antibiotics quite a bit. Of course, this is all a speculation on my side.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

We're not seeing a huge increase in cancer?
We dont see expanding problems with learning- and behavior- disorders?
We don't see a change in teens puberty? (girls evolving earlyer, boys later)
We don't see mens spermcount and quality crashing?
We don't have a huge increase in depressions?
Theres no increase in brainsicknesses like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease?

Increases in cancer can at least partly be attributed to better detection methods.

None of the above, even if true, can be directly linked to poisons in food. We could just as easily say, "computer games are bad", or "mobile phones are bad", or "HAARP is to blame" or "vaccines are to blame" and similarly link all of the above to that particular cause without any proof.

These links are tenuous at best, and there could be literally thousands of other explanations for the things you have listed, and there is probably dozens of interrelated causes.

The fact we are living longer and healthier lives than ever is strong evidence against these claims.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I would become vegetarian rather than eat that test tube grown rubbish, i like my meat to be 100% cow thanks anything else yuk!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mark Post, professor of physiology at Maastricht University in the Netherlands, who is behind the project, said: ‘I don’t see any way you could rely on old-fashioned livestock in the coming decades.

Yeah as if..

It is what they use in public right now to gain support and financial backing. I do not believe for a minute they intend to or will solve the majority of hunger in the world with this.

Even if the initial results do not taste quite the same as proper meat, scientists are convinced the public will soon get used to it, especially if they do not have a choice. Read more:

(Highlight is mine)

Thats sounds encouraging.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I wont deny you can find other explanations and reasons for some of the listed health issues, but I still believe it is stupid to ignore stuff like this that make's bad worse because I fully agree with your statement about interrelated causes. Some of the other reasons for cancer include smoking, air- and radiactiv- polution among a few.

The improved detection methods logically also got a influence on the statistics as you mention. I clearly said that I was'nt going to link you to all the "hundreds?" of threads on these subjects, I would'nt know how to chooce, and it seams like you already made up your mind. But, I will link you to this thread on Bisphenol a that I made some time ago, It got several links including studies from universities.

The fact that we live longer might also be linked to a myriade of interrelated causes, like less hard labour, hygiene, social status, diet, wars is no more longer man to man, some diseases has been eradicated, focus on nutritions, modern medecine and others reasons.

Statistics indicate that the curve is getting more vertical and that you wont see the same "explosive" increase in age in the future even thou we may still continue to get older.

EDIT: Anyways....I think we got a little of topic, so this will be my last comment on the genocide issue in this thread.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join