It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation prophecy; the futility of date-setting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

When you say "very near", do you have any support from biblical prophecy?
I'm not interested in prophecy of the Garabandal type.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by colbe

When you say "very near", do you have any support from biblical prophecy?
I'm not interested in prophecy of the Garabandal type.

This wasn't a prophecy from Garabandal.

Sorry....you asked. You are closed to prophecy. Yet it says in Scripture
prophecy is second to the words of the Apostles.

Why do you follow Martin Luther? "Sola scriptura" is his heresy. Where
does it say in Scripture all of God's revelation is contained in the written
Word and where does it say the Bible is our authority? It doesn't.

You gotta get over Catholic prejudice friend.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm not closed to prophecy as such.
But certainly closed to prophecy associated with teachings around the Virgin Mary which I consider to be un-Biblical.
This does not go back to Luther, but to Deuteronomy ch13 vv1-3.
Verb sap.

edit on 23-2-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

But certainly closed to prophecy associated with teachings around the Virgin Mary which I consider to be un-Biblical.
Verb sap.

Hi,

I would like to say first, I wish you would believe in Catholic prophecy, I believe in Protestant prophecy.

You are mixing up two things Sola Scriptura and Mary because you can't answer a direct question.

You first asked where is that prophecy in Scripture? I asked where is Martin Luther's heresy of "Bible Alone" in Scripture and you can 't reply. The consistent response -no response- since 1517 because Sola Scriptura is not true.

I looked up the verses in Deuteronomy. Mary can't appear to Protestants until after the Great Warning (there have been a few exceptions), the "awakening" as you all know it because non-Catholic Christians preach heresy. You are hurt so accuse Catholics treating Mary as God. She is not. She loves you DISRAELI. Jesus gave you His mother to be your mother too from the Cross. You can pray to her, say hello, she would love to hear from you.

I can give you a verse, God the Father's first words for Mary delivered
by the Archangel Gabrielle.

Luke 1:28
"And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."

www.drbo.org...

Mary is not God but she is special, this is God's plan and He can make
exceptions. "Full of grace" means full of God. Mary is sinless. Makes
perfect sense, she would carry God Himself inside her.

The first seal is about to be opened.

blessings,

colbe

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm not confusing anything, because I'm only talking about my reasons for not being interested in one particular school of prophecy.
It goes back to the most fundamental command in the Bible;
"You shall have no other gods but me".
The instruction in Deuteronomy ch13 is based on that command. It provides that if a prophet or dreamer of dreams comes to the people advocating any other god but the one they have known, then his prophecies and dreams are to be ignored (and the prophet is to be stoned to death, but I won't insist on that).
On that basis, I will take no notice of prophecies coming from any school of teaching which either advocates the worship of another God or presents false teaching about God to such a degree that it amounts to the advocacy of a different God.
Such prophecies cannot come from God. Their origin must be either human or demonic, and either way I'm not interested.

You say the the Catholic church does not treat Mary as God.
Perhaps this ought to be qualified as "not officially" and "not yet".
It is evident that there is a powerful emotional drive in the popular adoration of Mary which is far in advance of the church's official position on her status.
As a result, the official recognition of Mary has been advancing stage by stage, over the last few centuries, as the authorities gave way to popular pressure.
In 1870 it was officially recognised that the Pope had the power to define dogmas "infallibly".
As far as I am aware, this power has not been used for any other purpose than advancing the official status of Mary.
We have been given the definition of her "Assumption", which is an invented doctrine.
You will know that there is now intense popular pressure proposing that she should be defined as "Co-Redemptrix"- abandoning the New Testament teaching that redemption comes only through Christ, and giving her a status which comes darn close to equality with God.
So there is a relentless, remorseless pressure in the drive to advance the status of Mary which can only have one logical conclusion.
I don't imagine it would take much more than a century, at current rate of progress, for Mary to topple the Trinity from the position of supremacy and take complete control, as far as the Catholic church was concerned.

As for me, I will stay with the Biblical God and his Christ and won't be interested in prophecy from any other source.

edit on 24-2-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I'm not confusing anything, because I'm only talking about my reasons for not being interested in one particular school of prophecy.
The instruction in Deuteronomy ch13 is based on that command. It provides that if a prophet or dreamer of dreams comes to the people advocating any other god but the one they have known, then his prophecies and dreams are to be ignored (and the prophet is to be stoned to death, but I won't insist on that).
On that basis, I will take no notice of prophecies coming from any school of teaching which either advocates the worship of another God or presents false teaching about God to such a degree that it amounts to the advocacy of a different God.
Such prophecies cannot come from God. Their origin must be either human or demonic, and either way I'm not interested.

It is evident that there is a powerful emotional drive in the popular adoration of Mary which is far in advance of the church's official position on her status.
As a result, the official recognition of Mary has been advancing stage by stage, over the last few centuries, as the authorities gave way to popular pressure.
In 1870 it was officially recognised that the Pope had the power to define dogmas "infallibly".
As far as I am aware, this power has not been used for any other purpose than advancing the official status of Mary.
We have been given the definition of her "Assumption", which is an invented doctrine.
You will know that there is now intense popular pressure proposing that she should be defined as "Co-Redemptrix"- abandoning the New Testament teaching that redemption comes only through Christ, and giving her a status which comes darn close to equality with God.
So there is a relentless, remorseless pressure in the drive to advance the status of Mary which can only have one logical conclusion.
I don't imagine it would take much more than a century, at current rate of progress, for Mary to topple the Trinity from the position of supremacy and take complete control, as far as the Catholic church was concerned.

As for me, I will stay with the Biblical God and his Christ and won't be interested in prophecy from any other source.

Correction, repeating for the 1000th time, no one believes Mary is God, no one worships her. Pulling up a dogma yet to be proclaimed that you
have misinterpreted. Co-means "with."

Follow Luther, it 's your loss. Sticking with....

your "Bible Alone" but never giving evidence of it. Non-Catholic Christians are truly blocked.

DISRAELI, you believe in the prophets in Scripture but not in any prophets since, in the last 2000 years? So...God has been silent for
all this time and now even when there is this terrible loss of faith.

What about Mary's prophecy in Scripture..."all generations shall call
me blessed." How did she know and sadly it's not quite true for some because there are Christians who mock her and reject her, saying I am fine, it's "Jesus and Me." Accuse those who do honor her, turn to her for help, calling it Mary worship. How stupid...do you see...Satan rejected Mary, his pride when he was given knowledge of her place in our redemption.

Maybe, the Blessed Trinity has decided to send Mary to help souls
find her Son.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Correction, repeating for the 1000th time, no one believes Mary is God, no one worships her.

As I pointed out, the movement is visibly heading in that direction.
Where else would it stop? It shows no sign of stopping.

Co-means "with."

Yes, I know. That's precisely what I was objecting to. Putting her on the same level as Christ.

you believe in the prophets in Scripture but not in any prophets since, in the last 2000 years? So...God has been silent for all this time

I did not say that. I said I would stick to "the Biblical God and his Christ". That leaves me open to listen to prophets who do the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

DISRAELI, I gotta help you so I share and for everyone reading this
thread.

You take it personal and can't see Mary cannot appear to Protestants
until the time they give up their heresies. You all will give them up, well not every non-Catholic Christian sadly at the time of the Great Warning, it is soon.

Since 1517, men pridefully have rejected the authority and teachings of the Church. But everyone can agree, love the mother, love the Son. Instead, most Protestants reject, have no need of Mary and it so offends Our Lord.

Two important things, when the 5th dogma is proclaimed, some will see it as a confirmation for their rejection of Mary and the same when the persecution of Church gets much worse, they will say "yes" see the
RCC is not of God, she is not the true faith but they will be deceived,
they're wrong about both.

The biggest hint, a help to not being deceived. It is prophesied in
Daniel and by current prophets, The anti-Christ is going to abolish the Eucharist. Why would he do that if it were not true?

The Eucharist is true, so is the faith and so is everything God wants us
to believe about Mary. The 5th Dogma is God's wish.

It is going to take God Himself to show non-Catholics in the Great
Warning.

Sharing the at present, 4 Marian Dogmas....

A dogma is a Truth proclaimed, it's a Truth that's been believed by the faithful, the Church but is made clear, proclaimed at times throughout history because of doubt or question.

1) Divine Motherhood - Council of Ephesus 431

2) Mary's Virginity
a) Virginal Conception through the Spirit - Baptismal symbols since third century.
b) Perpetual Virginity (virginal birth and no other children) - Baptismal symbols since fourth century (first in eastern church)

3) Immaculate Conception (Mary's freedom from original sin) - Pius IX, 1854

4) Mary's Assumption (body and soul) into heaven - Pius XII, 1950

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I copied and pasted to fast, didn't notice...

I took out some of the (in parenthesis), here are the Marian Dogmas...
#1, obvious, Mary is the mother of God. Elizabeth's greeting, recall,
inspired by God the Holy Spirit, Elizabeth says on seeing Mary "the mother of my Lord."

1) Divine Motherhood - Council of Ephesus 431

2) Mary's Virginity

3) Immaculate Conception (Mary's freedom from original sin) - Pius IX, 1854

4) Mary's Assumption (body and soul) into heaven - Pius XII, 1950

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The anti-Christ is going to abolish the Eucharist. Why would he do that if it were not true?

The church in general celebrates the Lord's Supper (I'm aware of a few exceptions like the Salvation Army).
It is not unique to the Catholic Church

Your list of dogmas documents the case that I've been making, about the progressive and inexorable enhancement of Mary's official status. So it is very helpful.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The anti-Christ is going to abolish the Eucharist. Why would he do that if it were not true?

The church in general celebrates the Lord's Supper (I'm aware of a few exceptions like the Salvation Army).
It is not unique to the Catholic Church

Your list of dogmas documents the case that I've been making, about the progressive and inexorable enhancement of Mary's official status. So it is very helpful.

The Holy Eucharist was instituted at the Last Supper, it is not a "celebration of the Last Supper." That's Protestant heresy because they
reject the authority of the Church and reject the New Covenant priesthood
so they cannot confect the Eucharist.

If God told you personally the Eucharist is truly Him, would you convert to receive Him?

If you look at the 4 Dogmas and think about them you would realize
they are true. God makes exceptions, you accept this. You accept
Our Lord took a mere prophet to Heaven, body and soul but you reject
there are exceptions God has made in regards to Mary, the mother of
Our Lord. Makes no sense. Where do you get your "official status" on Mary? By what authority do you speak?

Protestantism rejects Catholicism but accepts her authority to decide the Canon? And then goes to say the Bible, a Catholic book is their authority not the Church. That in a word is pridefully coo coo.

You didn't reply about the Prophecy in Daniel, when the anti-Christ
abolishes the Eucharist? Why would he do that...?

I appreciate your civil posts, I am trying to change your heart, but I think
very soon it will be Our Lord who will do it.

colbe

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The Holy Eucharist was instituted at the Last Supper, it is not a "celebration of the Last Supper." That's Protestant heresy

Come on, you can't make "heresy" out of the name being used for an institution. That's just plain silly.
Also you misread, through hasty reading.
I did not say "Last Supper"; I said "Lord's Supper". This is the name that Paul himself uses in 1 Corinthians ch11 v20. If the name is good enough for Paul, it ought to be legitimate for the rest of us.

If God told you personally the Eucharist is truly Him, would you convert to receive Him?

No, because I can receive the Eucharist and God outside the Catholic church. I've converted already.

Yes I did, but you read too hastily to grasp my point, so I will spell it out in more detail.
Using the name "Lord's Supper" rather than "Eucharist", my answer is that the institution is not unique to the Catholic church but spread over the Christian church as a whole. Therefore the Anti-christ's intentions on the point are quite irrelevant to controversy between the Catholic church and other churches.

I am trying to change your heart,

You're not going to change my heart. Get off my case.
(And if you think the Lord is going to change it soon, your efforts are unnecessary)

Also I need to remind you of the ATS custom of "keeping on-topic".
This is not a "convert the OP" thread.
This is a thread relating to prophecy.
If you want to continue contributing, please be good enough to stick to the subject.
edit on 25-2-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

The Holy Eucharist was instituted at the Last Supper, it is not a "celebration of the Last Supper." That's Protestant heresy

Come on, you can't make "heresy" out of the name being used for an institution. That's just plain silly.
Also you misread, through hasty reading.
I did not say "Last Supper"; I said "Lord's Supper". This is the name that Paul himself uses in 1 Corinthians ch11 v20. If the name is good enough for Paul, it ought to be legitimate for the rest of us.

No, because I can receive the Eucharist and God outside the Catholic church. I've converted already.

Yes I did, but you read too hastily to grasp my point, so I will spell it out in more detail.
Using the name "Lord's Supper" rather than "Eucharist", my answer is that the institution is not unique to the Catholic church but spread over the Christian church as a whole. Therefore the Anti-christ's intentions on the point are quite irrelevant to controversy between the Catholic church and other churches.

I am trying to change your heart,

You're not going to change my heart. Get off my case.
(And if you think the Lord is going to change it soon, your efforts are unnecessary)

Also I need to remind you of the ATS custom of "keeping on-topic".
This is not a "convert the OP" thread.
This is a thread relating to prophecy.
If you want to continue contributing, please be good enough to stick to the subject.

Please, I ask that you not take my posts apart, it's difficult to reply to
and I it takes what you say out of context. You can' see the full
reply and the vanity of going on more...for the one separating every other
sentence.

"Lord's Supper", "Last Supper", they are the same thing. You avoid
the elephant in the room. You have grape juice and crackers. I
prefer Our Lord, His full presence in the Eucharist. You could have
the same if you would choose to believe. Jesus said "This is My body."

How rude to say "get off my case." You asked the question first and
kept replying.

Your unkindness, I do not care if you ever ask me a question again.
Keep your thread, if reminding me gives you sense of power....ridiculous.

This is a discussion forum.

Your ignorance, you can't receive the Eucharist outside the
Catholic Church. Sounds like you desire it, why do you not convert? I know, pride again. What got into you? You almost sound like a fallen away Catholic.

This is the tops on rudeness....your reply.

Proof, this is why it will only be God to change Protestants, Our Lord
said He is going have to do something special to bring in the lost
sheep in Protestantism. You cannot discuss the faith, they are set.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Verb sap.

You are hurt so accuse Catholics treating Mary as God. She is not. She loves you DISRAELI. Jesus gave you His mother to be your mother too from the Cross. You can pray to her, say hello, she would love to hear from you.

You just proved his point. Praying to mary is treating her as a God.

“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathens do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:6-13)
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God …” (Philippians 4:6)

“Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion; and to You the vow shall be performed. O You who hear prayer, to You all flesh will come.” (Psalm 65:1-2)

“… Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:23-24)

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Thank you for your support.
I don't know if that poster will read it, though, because he has walked out on us.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

reply to post by colbe

Verb sap.

You are hurt so accuse Catholics treating Mary as God. She is not. She loves you DISRAELI. Jesus gave you His mother to be your mother too from the Cross. You can pray to her, say hello, she would love to hear from you.

“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathens do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.” (Matthew 6:6-13)
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God …” (Philippians 4:6)

“Praise is awaiting You, O God, in Zion; and to You the vow shall be performed. O You who hear prayer, to You all flesh will come.” (Psalm 65:1-2)

“… Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.” (John 16:23-24)

“And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:13-14)

DeadSeraph

How do you figure that? When loved ones ask you to pray for them,
they don't consider you God? God hears your prayers for them. God
hears Mary's prayers of intercession for humanity, for the world.

And I am sure you agree, there are different kinds of prayer, example,
a prayer of petition, a prayer of thanksgiving, a prayer of worship. The
last is for God alone.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

reply to post by colbe

Verb sap.

DeadSeraph

How do you figure that? When loved ones ask you to pray for them,
they don't consider you God? God hears your prayers for them. God
hears Mary's prayers of intercession for humanity, for the world.

And I am sure you agree, there are different kinds of prayer, example,
a prayer of petition, a prayer of thanksgiving, a prayer of worship. The
last is for God alone.

God bless you,

colbe

To answer your first point: When my loved ones have asked for prayer (or I have asked them for prayer) it's understood that we are asking each other to pray to God on our behalf, not to pray TO them. We also pray to God DIRECTLY, through Christ.

In regards to your second point, I contend that all of these various forms of prayer are reserved for God alone, as directing prayer of any kind to any human being (dead or living) would be a direct violation of the first commandment.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Proof, this is why it will only be God to change Protestants

The Catholic church needs to learn enough humility to understand that Protestants DON'T NEED to be changed. They are Christians.

The topic of this thread is Revelation prophecy and date-setting.
When we were talking about Mary, we were still (just) within the topic, because I was explaining why i could not accept Mary-associated prophecy for date-setting purposes.
Once we get into the whole gamut of differences between the Catholic and Protestant communities, we are wandering way off topic.

One more point. Let me educate you on one aspect of ATS practice,
What you call "tearing my posts apart" is actually recommended practice here on ATS.
I am quoting only the selected comments to which I am replying. That is what I am supposed to do.
You and other comparative newcomers tend to quote an entire post and just add comments at the bottom. The Mods hate that sort of thing, for various reasons. S.O. set up the character limit on posts in an attempt to discourage it.
So now, I hope, you understand why I quote your posts in a selective way.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Dear OP,

I will not refute the veracity of the biblical revelations, and I would agree with you on the futility of date-setting, and even to the extent of the end of mankind by our Creator who loved us all. Remember His 'rainbow covenent' spoken to Noah Genesis 9:8-17

Revelations was to show mankind how it will end, if we continue in our present unchange course of hurting and harming fellow creations. Like an artist who found his artwork not on par and then decides to destroy it before it can cause any pain to others, so too our Creator has the right to destroy us all.

He alone knew how it end, having given us free will, but the misuse of it by many eventually will caused much pain and suffering to others. For Him to end it all, would be considered a mercy by all. But he made the 'rainbow covenant' with Noah to ALL mankind, to never destroy all using flood.

In truth, He don't have the need to lift a finger to destroy us all with everything except floods. He could simply just wave goodbye...

Because we mankind are fully capable of destorying ourselves on our own several times over with today's technology. His love is still there for us, for like Lot whom sought to save those in Sodamm and Gomarah, so too are there many whom seek to save humanity through His mercy, for the high and low, for a chance to progress and evolve...while we still can..

edit on 25-2-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thank you for that supportive contribution.
Yes, of course, the close of Revelation is up-beat. God comes forward to save his people and bring them eternal life.

edit on 25-2-2012 by DISRAELI because: Advice on link now redundant

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join