It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Iran giving us excuses to attack them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
First Iran militarizes the straights of Hormuz, now they are cutting off oil to our European allies. This in addition to all the threats of retaliation if anyone attacks them. It looks like they are trying to provoke us to war.

This makes me think that someone like the CIA, British intelligence, Russians or Chinese are advising them to do these things for their own (or our) benefit? Not only does war make tons of money for business, but a regional war there would be very enticing for countries wanting to gain control or strategic or oil rich territory.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
First Iran militarizes the straights of Hormuz, now they are cutting off oil to our European allies. This in addition to all the threats of retaliation if anyone attacks them. It looks like they are trying to provoke us to war.

This makes me think that someone like the CIA, British intelligence, Russians or Chinese are advising them to do these things for their own (or our) benefit? Not only does war make tons of money for business, but a regional war there would be very enticing for countries wanting to gain control or strategic or oil rich territory.

They have put up with sanctions when there was no proof. They threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, but they haven't yet. They cut off oil to the EU because the EU has stated that they would begin an oil embargo in the summer. Iran beat them to the punch and installed a self imposed oil embargo, cutting off the EU before it was ready for it. They have threatened retaliation if anyone attacks them, but they haven't yet in the face of massive provocation on the "western" side.
I can see China or Russia advising them and hinting that they would support them, but, I don't think anyone wants a nuclear war. Let's hope the US keeps a short leash on Israel.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Since when is cutting off the oil support an act of war? It's THEIR Oil and they can sell it wherever THEY want to!

I mean, seriously? You can't really believe what you just wrote there...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The media is giving the people excused to support attacking Iran,
The corporatocracy is itching to take over iran, they're one of the only places left not heaped in debt by the world bank, and is not controlled by international interests.

The west has introduced sanctions against iranian oil, why would they continue to supply it to places that don't want it? Send it to Russia/china.

If the roles were reversed, would one not want to protect the your exports from people willing to kill all your people and leave them all starving?

We're the ones attacking them with economic sanctions that will end with people dying because of starvation because nothing can get into the country. someone said "No, we don't want your enormous loans to build # we can do ourselves", they didn't like that. Time to go to war.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Personally I think Iran is being very very clever.

The US knows it can't strike first without a proper reason because they'll lose any of the little support from the rest of the world. Iran knows this so does everything to provoke them without actually provoking them.

It's a very clever game!

I just wonder who will tire of it first (I'm placing my bets)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I admit my ignorance, but I don't see how Iran is at fault for these actions.

1) With the strait of Hormuz, if they are militarizing their side of it, who cares? It's not like they are shooting innocents as they try to pass. (please correct me if I am mistaken)

2) Cutting off oil - It's their oil. They can sell to whomever they want, however they want, for as much/little as they want. Just because the rest of the world also uses oil, doesn't give them claim.

3) Threat of retaliation - If you tell me that you will kick my * if I punch you, does that mean you are egging me on to punch you? I think not. If Iran goes on the offensive, I will have a different opinion, but if they are just stating that they will retaliate against any offense, I see no harm in trying to defend yourself.

I admit that I am unsure what to believe from all that comes out of Iran, but I get the feeling that the MSM is painting Iran to be the bad guy, when they've done nothing to deserve it. If anything I stated goes against known fact, please excuse my ignorance.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Ok so Iran is being bullied on the court and they say, "screw you guys I'm going home, and I'm taking my ball as well".
And you consider this provocation?
How about, "well if you guys are gonna fly over here and bomb us, well just cut your gas supply to make it harder".
That's how I see it.
There are more "Americans" in that region than there are Iranians.
There are more American bases in that region then there are Iranian.
Who was the aggressor again?

Orwellian anyone?
I'd love to see all our kids come home so we could make this country strong again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Iran only "militarized" their sovereign territories, only their side of the strait.
Any country is free to sell their resources to whomever else.

Guess after reading one more of these kinds of OP i start to understand why the Imperialist Elite can get away with so much crimes against humanity in the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Invasion of Panama in 1989 (i do believe?)
And unprovoked attack against innocent people, most of americans had no idea about this, all to take a president out of power who would not KOWTOW to the corporatocracy. Noreiga, the only POW in america ever, thousands killed to 'capture him'.

The president before him was Omar Torrijitos, he was 'killed in a plane crash', (cia assassination)
as well as the president of ecuador at the time (also died in a planecrash a few months before Omar),

Both of these presidents wanted what was best for their poor and disenfranchised, they would not kowtow to american interests, they were killed. Replaced with puppets, and the poor remain poor and get poorer and hungrier.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I know, it's like they have a death wish or something

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Since when is cutting off the oil support an act of war?

You know damn well Republicans would use it as an excuse for war.

Some republicans said we have a right to oil and we should take it if we need to (Anne Coulter).

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Some republicans said we have a right to oil and we should take it if we need to (Anne Coulter)

Yeah, ok.. It's like Nancy Grace having an opinion..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
they aren't doing these things. These things are in response to other actions our governments have taken or threatened to take. They are really just responding. They don't want to deal with this, they have a revolt to crush.

Our forces will probably invade in June, and take the role of liberators they are drooling for. That and the installation of the world bank there. Funny huh, we all think they are going to do something, convinced.....if we just stop the only people still screaming like monkeys in the trees and throwing rocks (explosives) are the ones who wanted this war from the get go......

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There is also religion to think about. They want war in order to herald in the End Days and arrival of their Messiah.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As others have said these are DEFENSIVE MEASURES - the USA is the one making the OFFENSIVE MEASURES.

Why shouldn't a sovereign country be able to choose to whom they sell their oil and other exports? Why shouldn't they be able to police their own waters and international waters that are of great economic interest to them?

The USA has militarized the entire globe, and you're calling foul play on Iran for acting defensively while the US war machine ramps up against Iran? Double derf!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh isn't it wonderful how a successfull propaganda campaign works? Let me break it down for you.

1. Attempt via means not understood by most citizens to limit the ability of the nation you want to attack, to do business in the world with other countries.

2. Limit their ability to pay the bills by freezing accounts and applying sanctions against businesses, which really only in the end effect the citizen of that country.

3. Use "WMD" as a means to draw up public support for a pre-emptive attack against that nation, bead war drums every day for months. Make threats against it's safety.

4. Destabilize countries in the region that may play ally to said country if a conflict did arise. ( see syria, Lybia etc.)

5. When that particular country then takes steps to defend itself from these outright acts of financial and civil terrorism ( war mongering is still using fear to coerce your enemy=terrorism), state that it's taking steps to start a war.

5b) Associate that nation with known terrorist organizations that provokes an emotional response from the opposite side. ( AlQueda working with Iran etc..)

6. This one hasn't happened yet, but the last and final step should be a form of false flag attack.

There you have it folks, an engineered war.

From one of the horses mouth:

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/20/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
France and Britain werent importing any iranian oil anyway so this is a moot point. Its a political move and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Lol "threats of rtaliation" if anyone attacks them?? What should they do? Roll out a red carpet for the attackers and "surrender" their county? Retaliation is directly implied when someone is attacked. A reassurance of "retalitation" is not a threat...you first have to be threatened yourself to assure retaliation...

Cutting off oil to Euro...is responce to sactions...this is a fair blow retaliation...again...not a "threat" but a responce to one.

Militarization of Straight of Hormuz? The straight is quite literally in their back-yard and the US has had military craft in the straight for god knows hows long...suddenly when Iran enters their own back-yard...its a threat??

I don't see any threats...I see responces to threats...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

How should a country surrounded by a big bully react?

edit on 20-2-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Iran provoking the US? You have got to be kidding me.

Iran has every right to militarise their own region and refuse to sell oil to others. Especially when they are being economically attacked by hostile forces.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join