It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Big Brother to Screen All Online Activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Looks like the UK is now seeking to bring in new laws to make big brother even bigger.

The government wants details about text messages, phone calls, email, visited websites, Facebook and Twitter exchanges and even online games chats, British media report.

According to the initiative called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme, the data will be stored for a year and will be available to the secret services.

RT News

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For a second, I thought this was about that game show, big brother.

Then I realized, it was about a game..just not the televised one.
Privacy...well, it was a neat concept at one point.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Haha I thought that too.

At the end of the day, the government uses echelon to flag keywords related to anything that the intelligence agency's, or the elite's have an interest in.

And I am sure that they can monitor our online activity's quite easily anyway, this is just to industrialize the process.

I once read that the NWO are "testing" certain models for the future on different county's, such as China's one child policy, and the UK's CCTV hell programme - maybe this is just another test towards a totalitarian one world government?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Wait till you end up with a chip and they survey every single move you make too.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Sorry, I think a thread on this subject has already been posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by D8ncer
Looks like the UK is now seeking to bring in new laws to make big brother even bigger.

The government wants details about text messages, phone calls, email, visited websites, Facebook and Twitter exchanges and even online games chats, British media report.

According to the initiative called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme, the data will be stored for a year and will be available to the secret services.

RT News

"The government wants details about text messages, phone calls, email, visited websites, Facebook and Twitter exchanges and even online games chats, British media report.

The government already have this access. The police came to my house over a status i made on facebook in 2011. As for texts and e-mails, there's already silly trigger words that are listed in the database that warrant the police access rights to your phone/e-mail - They must be saying now, that we are goign to use this - whereas before, they didnt tell anybody and sprung it on them.

I know a guy, who robbed something - hid it, and moved away to another country. The police traced all his moves via his phones gps, to the location he stole the stuff, and where he is currently - Thailand.

They have the tech to do nearly everything, but keep it secret until x amount of people have been 'victim' to it, then share that their using it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How many people would they need to be reading all this stuff???? Sounds impossible.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i had a warrant out on me in the early 90s .i never turned up in court big deal .was working in the middle of nowhare cops came to pick me up in a very remote area of scotland & nobody knew where i was had to be phone sim have known people to get visits over text messages within the hour a good friend of mine is in the special forces & showed me something on a laptop 1 day that scared the sxxx out of me .think enemy of the state x2 tptb are 50+ years ahead of what we think

top topics

join