It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans for Ron Paul March 02-20-12 at 12 PM EST-- Live Video Here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by eLPresidente

"All i hear " blind idelogue who tried to make the poster into the topic.

Speaking of topics...you should get back to it.

You know...the OP...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With record unemployment people losing their homes where are all the men and women in uniform going to do for work?

That is a question more suited to those who orchestrated this economic collapse or for those who insist on outsourcing our jobs, perhaps.

I agree with you that our government programs have gotten way out of control and the end result has been a population of people who rely on the government to give them everything they need. I'm waiting for the day in the near future when said population comes to expect the government to wipe it's butt after it poo poos.

But, I would remind you that this is exactly the way a country who is ruled by a handful of elites wishes it's population to remain. They want the people to depend on the government because it enables them to control the masses. The masses could turn this whole thing around in a blink of an eye if enough people would realize what is happening, but too many are content with sucking from the government's teat and cannot imagine having their comfort level disturbed.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Been on topic it is about the military and who they support and who treats them like crap but of course "those thousands in Washington" do not speak for the entire military.
edit on 20-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Which elite would that be?

Those 535 congressman and the Potus

The evil rich corporations

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ha! Did you have a nice flight here from Fairyland?

Great love the personal insult/

How about contractors don't have the same level of accountability for their actions as our military? A much preferable scenario when you are a government engaged in nefarious activities, I'd say.

So support the actions that led to their creation and add more seems to me theres a conflict of interest there.

Blackwater!!! oh nice that didn't take too long.

Yawn

I will gladly make reference to the name of a private military contractor other than "Blackwater" who has been used to supplement our troops if you would like to provide the name of one you are familiar with....since you find "Blackwater" so "yesterday."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"those thoudands in Washington" do not speak for the entire military.

Well how about the others that are on the West Coast or over seas? I am sure what those photos are displaying is just a small amount of what really is about to come.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Been on topic it is about the military and who they support and who treats them like crap but of course "those thousands in Washington" do not speak for the entire military.

I'm sorry but it looks like you are the minority.

Paul's on top there. Obama is number 2, and the other GOP candidates don't even come close. It doesn't seem like the majority are too happy about the wars from those numbers.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Blackwater was used for the simple fact that the military was gutted thus creating the conditions for them which means cutting them more will only lead to the usage of them even more.

By you own statemnet "unaccountable" whereas the military is accountable but no support the conditions that lead to their creation and usage.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

So?

Didn't know i was suppose to be in the "incrowd" oh well.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

So?

You presented the argument, this has nothing to do with the "incrowd". Perhaps you should stop speaking for the "entire military" if you don't want a response with an actual figure. Truth is, you're wrong and apparently don't speak for the entire military. It's your choice to ignore the numbers.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Which elite would that be? Those 535 congressman and the Potus The evil rich corporations?

You're too funny.

Have fun in your fantasy world.....where the wealthiest of the population never seeks to control the rest of us and where corporations adhere to ethical practices and never partake in activities that harm the average American in pursuit of obscene wealth.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Doesn't matter who is where unless every single one says the same thing them they don't speak for all.

We saw the same thing during Vietnam they all thought like John Kerry.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Me and you and millions of others paid into social security all of our working lives. It is not our fault that the corrupt government pillaged the coffers. I do not get how using that as an example bolsters your position. If anything it bolsters the position of Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Paul's campaign told Politifact that Paul raised $34,480 from people in the military, compared with $19,849 for Obama and $13,848 for the other GOP presidential candidates.

content.usatoday.com...

Wow a whole 35 thousand bucks!

Out of an active force of how many agian?

Never said i spoke for the entire military but anyone who says those in Washington DC do is wrong.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol, oh so now it's about dollar amounts when it doesn't go toward a pro-war candidate.
I guess those donations don't matter seeing how they're coming from militay personell who care about politics and foreign policy. Worst argument ever.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yes!

You pay a whopping 6% for 40 to 50 years and your employer mateches it at another 6% which means if a person earned 30k a year during that entire time would have paid into that a whole 1800 a year for 40 years which amounts to a whole 72,000 grand total.

That is the sum that they actually paid into it with the employed matched contribution that would put it at a grand total of 144k.

And if people are lucky they will get paid 1000k maybe a tad bit more for the rest of their lives.

It is the Governments fault and it is the peoples fault that let that con ever be created and used as leverage over their heads..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Of the servicemembers who choose to donate to presidential campaigns, Ron Paul wins and there's no disputing or arguing that... It's common knowledge around here, you know the saying put your money where your mouth is? Those in the military who have done that overwhelmingly prefer Ron Paul to the rest, and to the current Commander in Chief.

I watched some of the stream of the march and one thing that really struck me was how well conducted it was... Unlike an OWS gagglefest, they were in step, in cadence... Loud and clear. Of course the MSM within the states are likely to ignore it as if it did not happen. Good thing we have Ustreams and other internet sources to rely on.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

So?

lol you gave that argument up pretty easily.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sorry the worse arguement ever is Veterans support Paul when there are millions and yet that support does Not materialize into a tangbile evidence that could get Paul elected.

That is the worst arguement ever.

Ever listen to ATS Live?

Lots of veterans on there don't recall them supporting Paul.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Blackwater was used for the simple fact that the military was gutted thus creating the conditions for them which means cutting them more will only lead to the usage of them even more.

Come again?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join