It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans for Ron Paul March 02-20-12 at 12 PM EST-- Live Video Here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Searched a little for this, and did not find a live stream, though I would not be surprised if it exists already. It's relatively new I suppose so I am really just taking a chance by posting it.

First off, here is where the feed is: RON PAUL IS THE CHOICE OF THE TROOPS livestream
That one wasn't working all the time, try this one if it doesn't work:megmclain.com
And here is another one just in case: WeAreChange

Here is some information on the event in case you missed it:

The Veterans for Ron Paul are planning a march on the White House on Monday, with the theme "Ron Paul is the Choice of the Troops."

According to a report published in the Washington Times, the march will take place on Monday, February 20 — President's Day. Participants will gather at the base of the Washington Monument at noon and then proceed on to the White House at 2 p.m.

In an interview with the co-founder of Veterans for Ron Paul published in the Washington Times, Adam Kokesh explained the impetus behind the formation of his organization. "We want a commander-in-chief who will be decisive, put America's security first, and only send troops into harm's way with a clear mission. Ron Paul is the only candidate with a pragmatic and principle foreign policy," said Kokesh.

Kokesh is also a member of another veterans' advocacy group known as the Iraq Veterans Against the War. He, along with Nathan Cox, founded the Veterans for Ron Paul in order to give a voice to the scores of veterans who back the Texas Congressman's campaign for the presidency.

According to the group's Facebook page, Veterans for Ron Paul makes its pitch for members:

If supporting the troops is important to you, Ron Paul is your candidate! For veterans and active duty who support Ron Paul and want to see him elected President in 2012. This page is also for anyone who supports veterans speaking out for freedom.

Veterans for Ron Paul Plan Presidents' Day March on White House

Here is a video concerning what the elites are doing to sway people from rallying (a must watch IMO):

And with this, I also would recommend visiting this thread on ATS: US Military Issues Warning to Ron Paul Supporters by v1rtu0s0 if you want to discuss it there.

Ok, let's see how this pans out. Best of luck to all the Ron Paul supporters at the rally today! I hope we get some media coverage of it!
edit on 20-2-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Awesome, PhysicsAdept.....thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing plays out.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Yes, I hope it turns out good for Ron Paul. I am hoping there will be little interference with the vets and active military there. I mean, the government wouldn't wanna mess with a bunch of people trained in warfare would they?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

When I go to that live stream you linked, the people on Twitter are suggesting to go to the Veterans for Ron Paul Facebook page for live streams that work. Have they actually started the live feed yet because it sounds like that one isn't working?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There we go, I fixed the link. Sorry bout that! It started 15 minutes ago, but I just now am actually sitting down to wact, so I was unaware of its ability to work correctly.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Right now at 12:17 EST Adam (the Man) is talking, which is the guy from the youtube video I posted. He is a pretty good speaker, and is motivating the crowd right now--expressing what we need in a Commander in Chief (which is Ron Paul)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is already looking awesome, Physics!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

An Open Letter to President Obama from a Veteran

Dear President Obama, I am writing to you as just one veteran, just one man, but today, you may see that I am joined by many more. We gather today before you in support of Ron Paul and not because we think he would merely be a better administrator of government than you, but because we believe your policies to be fundamentally immoral. We are demanding peaceful, orderly change through the ballot box.

We are gathered here today as active duty service members and veterans exercising the right to self-expression that we all have risked our lives to protect. Something you’ve never done in uniform. The military you command has made attempts to silence us, not just in the existing codes and regulations intended to suppress the dissent in the ranks, but also in direct warnings that your officers have issued to the troops who would be with us today – who would speak out against the status quo – who would challenge the man – who would speak a desperately needed truth, to a desperately delusional power!

Do not think for one second that you can silence this voice! Do not dare whisper the command to silence this voice! Do not deny that Ron Paul is the choice of the troops! You are not wanted as, you are not respected as, and you are not fit to be, the commander-in-chief of this great force of America’s finest who would lay down their lives to defend you. As you have warned us about petty regulations, I too have a warning for you, Mr. President. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. If elections in this country are halfway fair or transparent, and the GOP supports the troops enough to listen to them, Ron Paul will be the nominee of the Republican Party and you will be a one term President!

But if they’re not. If the voice of the people is not heard and the voice of the troops is not respected, we’ll be back. These veterans aren’t going away. And if you should decide against what I have no doubt is your better judgement, that you can allow just one of these people here today to suffer for exercising the rights that you swore to defend when you took office, if we are denied the peaceful change we demand, I promise you this: we’re going to be doing this the hard way.

Yours in liberty,

Adam Kokesh

Can be found in the link where the video is.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love it! Vet says "I will tell you right now, I will never betray my fellow citizens."

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yeah it kind of brings happy tears to our eyes, eh? Well, I hope this thread gets more attention... Haha I have a feeling we are already on the same page on things.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hahaha! "The Noble Peace Prize winner has only extended the wars".....LOL

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Ron Paul supporters are the most passionate and intelligent supporters out there" May not be verbatim, but TokenLibertarianGirl said something to that effect.

Ooo and she just said that she thinks war should be used as a last resort, as self-defense. I like that, everyone says Ron Paul is just a military pushover... no, he just believes in purpose.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"We should fight to defend this country, not to democratize another" -- a Veteran at the rally

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Did you see the crowd? There's a TON of people out there! HAHAHAHA

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Quite a few, yes, but only ~700 watching. Ha, when I was watching the Occupy Movements, there would be multiple thousand watching... sigh

EDIT: WOW, that was an awesome shot of the crowd... huge! Truly amazing!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It takes a big man to admit you voted for someone like Barrack Obama!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
It takes a big man to admit you voted for someone like Barrack Obama!

LMAO

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well I looked at Fox, CNN, and CSPAN, all online as well as on air and have yet to find any sort of coverage on this HUGE rally. Big surprise eh?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Quite a few, yes, but only ~700 watching. Ha, when I was watching the Occupy Movements, there would be multiple thousand watching... sigh

It appears as though there are several live streams where the march can be viewed. The one I'm watching is at megmclain.com.... I think there are over a thousand people watching that one....they are having an intermission right now, so the number of viewers is not posted at the moment.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Weird, yeah mine is down too momentarily. We may be watching it from the same feed

EDIT: Well, regardless, I suppose there are multiple streams, so I would venture to say that many more are watching, which is good. Glad to know there are still priorities in the world. I mean, who would watch EVERY single rally on one hand, but on the other hand, this rally is fairly important. It is all people run, which says a lot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join