It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lies of the Obama Administration and the Truth Behind the Disparity Between the Rich and Poor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Monetary Policy is the chief culprit.

The Obama administration and many within the GOP agree with the current monetary policy of allowing the Federal Reserve to print money in order to prop up stocks, bond markets, and they agreed with the former bailout policy in order to save corporations, banks, and unions. Let's examine what this policy does to our society.

The printing of money by the Federal Reserve directly lowers the value of the dollar. New dollars are being infused into the system, and the United States is literally paying off debt with more debt. The reason this system works is because of how wealth is transferred. Outside indicators of a thriving economy are green stock markets and low bond yields. Our nation is forcing these good indicators by decreasing the value of the dollar. How does a decrease in the value of the dollar help these indicators?

Imagine where the money that printed is first handed out. It is first given to the banks, corporations, and bond markets so they see the benefits and thus go green (make profits and go up in value). So let's say the Federal Reserve has just printed $20 Billion to infuse into the bond market to keep bonds low in yield (This is a fairly standard number). Bond holders make bank but their increase in wealth had to come from somewhere. The bond owners' increase in wealth came from the poor and middle classes as they lost value in their wages due to the decrease in the value of the dollar. Note that food prices and energy prices are directly affected by the value of the dollar. When the dollar is low food and energy go up. Who does this affect more, the rich or the poor? Of course it affects the poor because their budget consists of mostly food and energy. So we hear and accept all this parroting from Obama about the disparity and how the GOP hates the poor, but it is in fact his own monetary policy that causes it.

This idea that we can print our way to prosperity is foolhardy in nearly every way. Right now many of us are wide eyed and angry as we see corporations and banks making record profits as the money flow that is being printed is coming directly to them while the average American citizen doesn't even recognize that they are being stolen from through the hidden tax called inflation.

In my mind anyone who supports the Obama administration and most of the GOP in the face of such horrible monetary policy is either evil or extremely ignorant.

I wonder......
Have you noticed higher food prices?
Have you noticed increased energy costs (gas and oil)?
If so you are suffering from a nearly 14% inflation tax that Obama personally signed.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

No offense but when you discuss something as time honored and steeped in corruption and history as this...

Truth Behind the Disparity Between the Rich and Poor

...and try to blame it all on 4-8 years of this...

The Lies of the Obama Administration

I think you are way off the mark.

This disparity between the rich and the poor is not because of Obama my friend. Although he is a player like all of them - to get distracted by the player and not see you need to change the system is a bad move.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

This disparity between the rich and the poor is not because of Obama my friend. Although he is a player like all of them - to get distracted by the player and not see you need to change the system is a bad move.

This remark demands a few qualifying questions:

How much new money printing has occurred since Obama came into office?

What is the main thrust of my argument? Could my focus possibly be on the hypocrisy of Obama and his monetary policy while at the same time raving against the disparity himself?

What is false about the above statements based on monetary policy? Sure, the system has been this way for a long time but the poop is hitting the proverbial fan at this moment in history.

If I was going to break down your argument into the basic premise it would be, "Don't blame Obama because........it has always been this way" and there is no fishing conclusion or argument that is focused on the hypocrisy of the current administration. Sorry, but this line of thinking doesn't cut it because this thread isn't focused on looking at historical policy but rather it is focused on those who are currently supporting Obama.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82

What is the main thrust of my argument? Could my focus possibly be on the hypocrisy of Obama and his monetary policy while at the same time raving against the disparity himself?

What is false about the above statements based on monetary policy? Sure, the system has been this way for a long time but the poop is hitting the proverbial fan at this moment in history.

If I was going to break down your argument into the basic premise it would be, "Don't blame Obama because........" and there is no fishing conclusion or argument. Sorry, but this line of thinking doesn't cut it.

What he is saying is that you can't blame the puppet for his/her actions... it's the puppet masters you need to go after.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

Never mind.

CFR are on both sides of the aisle. CFR and the Shadow govt control things.
edit on 20-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Monetary Policy is the chief culprit.

The Obama administration and many within the GOP agree with the current monetary policy of allowing the Federal Reserve to print money in order to prop up stocks, bond markets, and they agreed with the former bailout policy in order to save corporations, banks, and unions. Let's examine what this policy does to our society.

The printing of money by the Federal Reserve directly lowers the value of the dollar. New dollars are being infused into the system, and the United States is literally paying off debt with more debt. The reason this system works is because of how wealth is transferred. Outside indicators of a thriving economy are green stock markets and low bond yields. Our nation is forcing these good indicators by decreasing the value of the dollar. How does a decrease in the value of the dollar help these indicators?

Imagine where the money that printed is first handed out. It is first given to the banks, corporations, and bond markets so they see the benefits and thus go green (make profits and go up in value). So let's say the Federal Reserve has just printed $20 Billion to infuse into the bond market to keep bonds low in yield (This is a fairly standard number). Bond holders make bank but their increase in wealth had to come from somewhere. The bond owners' increase in wealth came from the poor and middle classes as they lost value in their wages due to the decrease in the value of the dollar. Note that food prices and energy prices are directly affected by the value of the dollar. When the dollar is low food and energy go up. Who does this affect more, the rich or the poor? Of course it affects the poor because their budget consists of mostly food and energy. So we hear and accept all this parroting from Obama about the disparity and how the GOP hates the poor, but it is in fact his own monetary policy that causes it.

This idea that we can print our way to prosperity is foolhardy in nearly every way. Right now many of us are wide eyed and angry as we see corporations and banks making record profits as the money flow that is being printed is coming directly to them while the average American citizen doesn't even recognize that they are being stolen from through the hidden tax called inflation.

In my mind anyone who supports the Obama administration and most of the GOP in the face of such horrible monetary policy is either evil or extremely ignorant.

I wonder......
Have you noticed higher food prices?
Have you noticed increased energy costs (gas and oil)?
If so you are suffering from a nearly 14% inflation tax that Obama personally signed.

I'm a little out of my league here, because I'm no economics guru - but in doing a little research on the causes of the Great Depression of the 1930's - there is a theory out there that what made a recession turn into the depression was the Federal Reserve's monetary policy of restricting the money supply in order to make the price of goods and services appear stable, so as to avoid the very situation you say we are in now. This theory says that the Federal Reserve allowed banks and large corporations to fail. This caused the banking panics of the 1930's, then all the S hit the F.

Essentially, the Great Depression, in the monetarist view, was caused by the fall of the money supply. Friedman and Schwartz write: "From the cyclical peak in August 1929 to a cyclical trough in March 1933, the stock of money fell by over a third." The result was what Friedman calls the "Great Contraction" — a period of falling income, prices, and employment caused by the choking effects of a restricted money supply.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a theory that apparently Ben Bernanke subscribes to. Could this not be an honest and noble attempt to avoid a depression by not making the same mistakes we made in the past?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If I was going to break down your argument into the basic premise it would be, "Don't blame Obama because........it has always been this way" and there is no fishing conclusion or argument that is focused on the hypocrisy of the current administration. Sorry, but this line of thinking doesn't cut it because this thread isn't focused on looking at historical policy but rather it is focused on those who are currently supporting Obama.

how much of that new money was destined to be created by bush?? it was bush that set the bailouts in motion...not to mention that the wars werent paid for by old money, it was borrowed money...NEW MONEY!!!

na, the left hand and the right hand always walk side by side, with the head and the body in the middle of them....giving orders to both of them...

and it's never been as obvious as it is now that this is true....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

how much of that new money was destined to be created by bush?? it was bush that set the bailouts in motion...not to mention that the wars werent paid for by old money, it was borrowed money...NEW MONEY!!!

Like I stated numerous times in my above post, the GOP is as well responsible. However, the focus of my argument is on the hypocrisy of the Obama administration and anyone that can't argue with the above points in how Obama has facilitated the disparity between the classes cannot vote for Obama unless they are ignorant or evil. I would think that on this board, voting for the neo-cons (Santorum, Romney, or Gingrich) would be considered evil in nearly every corner. However, I still see a significant amount of ignorant support for Obama.

This is a theory that apparently Ben Bernanke subscribes to. Could this not be an honest and noble attempt to avoid a depression by not making the same mistakes we made in the past?

It is the same policy of the 1930s that caused the great recession of 2008.

Is is a monetary policy that has always been focused on gifting the rich. The attempts to defend such policies and the Federal Reserve in the face of evil coercion is moral failure. They can attempt changes in history, but it can be hard to erase truth from the whole picture. Right now the Fed is in a catch 22 of sorts. They are damned if they don't print and they are damned if they do. However, the principle that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth is central banking and the manipulation of currency in order to benefit the rich.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join