It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Disclosure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I hope that works. I haven't posted a video to ATS before. Took two seconds to search it out on Youtube. The real question is, if you are interested, why didn't you look for yourself? That's the point I'm trying to make. There is no coverup, aside from some stuff they are keeping secret due to national security. YOU are the one who cannot accept it. Heck, there's even a Disney documentary that discusses it all in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, from way back in the 80's, I think. Maybe someday the aliens will fly down like V and say hi, and then you'll have to accept it. Disclosure has already happened, and very few people can accept it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i have watched a couple of programs about astronauts who have seen UFOs and it really annoys me. how can an institution as big as NASA release all this info about sightings & radio communications about UFOs and then be so silent about them? i am firmly of the opinion that we are most definately not alone in this universe there are more and more reports of UFOs every year and more footage and photos, yet this subject remains as taboo as it always has been and until there is something as solid as a mothership landing on the whitehouse lawn, a load of aliens getting out and going "hey you guys didn't tell everyone about us?" it will remain so because until there is proof then it will forever be tarred with the "fantasy/make believe" brush. which is unfortunate.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You also have to consider the fact that if the truth was purposely hidden by the government then it would be safe to assume that some were silenced by death. At that point it becomes a very delicate situation, you're going to have a lot of pissed off friends and family of deceased individuals out for blood. I'm not adding much to this topic but it is an interesting angle to keep in mind as it's not one that people really talk about when discussing disclosure and the possibility that governments have concealed the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rodredux

Can you provide any documentation for the STS-29 audio? All I can find are claims parroted on UFO sites.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have always been puzzled on what exactly would change should 'disclosure' occur. It's not like there are alien crafts bombing important installations around the globe, it's not like if these lights in the sky are finally identified as alien spacecraft that suddenly my life would change. I just don't get me being accused of denial because I'm scared of some yet unproven 'truth'. I just don't see what would change, they certainly wouldn't paint my house!

I'm not understanding what infrastructure in society would break down because so far these lights in the sky haven't done anything to change any tea in China. I don't see any sudden jumps in technology due to any accused back engineering, I don't see anything that would be different except for a bunch of UFO fanatics trying to invite landings, or their own abductions, or any idea that communication with an unknown life form could even be possible.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

What do you want, exactly? I'm not sure you get my postings. I could scour the internet for documents to support the video you asked about, but then you would think the documents are phony or real depending on your own mentality toward it. It's a useless endeavor for me to waste so much time trying to prove or disprove something to anyone. Some of you who do not want to accept this will say that what I just said above is an excuse or copout. Believe what you want. You're going to regardless. And I don't say that in a hateful way. It's just the conclusion I've come to reading through this and other forums over the years. No amount of documentation is going to convince people if they are not mentally able to accept the truth. And I'm sure if I've come to this conclusion, so has the government. Disclosure has already happened. Even alien fossils in that Mars meteorite. I'm asking, what will you believe? It's all up to you. Stop asking for proof or documentation because it's already there.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What do you want, exactly?

A complete audio recording of the entire mission. For that matter, ten minutes of audio on both sides of the alleged sighting would be nice. A two second sound bite is meaningless outside of context. Even if an astronaut actually said that, which we don't know to begin with, we cannot tell what he was referring to. They may have been joking about a bit of debris that floated free of the spacecraft. I'm not going to comment on other peoples' standards of evidence.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I have always been puzzled on what exactly would change should 'disclosure' occur. It's not like there are alien crafts bombing important installations around the globe, it's not like if these lights in the sky are finally identified as alien spacecraft that suddenly my life would change. I just don't get me being accused of denial because I'm scared of some yet unproven 'truth'. I just don't see what would change, they certainly wouldn't paint my house!

I'm not understanding what infrastructure in society would break down because so far these lights in the sky haven't done anything to change any tea in China. I don't see any sudden jumps in technology due to any accused back engineering, I don't see anything that would be different except for a bunch of UFO fanatics trying to invite landings, or their own abductions, or any idea that communication with an unknown life form could even be possible.

Awesome point. I agree with you on most of it, except on the back engineering. Technology has raced forward exponentially. You just don't see it. Just in my short lifespan, I have seen the advent of the world wide web, microwave ovens, electric cars, the discovery of alien planets (remember, 20 yrs ago, they didn't know if there were even other solar systems, not for sure, it had to be proven) and the list goes on and on and on. 200,000 yrs of slinging feces at one another, and now we are (in just 60 yrs) taking the whole universe apart and figuring out how it works. Seems kind of suspect.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

What do you want, exactly?

A complete audio recording of the entire mission. For that matter, ten minutes of audio on both sides of the alleged sighting would be nice. A two second sound bite is meaningless outside of context. Even if an astronaut actually said that, which we don't know to begin with, we cannot tell what he was referring to. They may have been joking about a bit of debris that floated free of the spacecraft. I'm not going to comment on other peoples' standards of evidence.

And what after that? And what after that? And what after that? See my point? I understand what you're implying completely, but I'm no fool. I'm not even trying to convince you. I'm discussing psychology. You're posts are a prime example of what I'm trying to point out. You can't see what the real subject is, because it is occluded by your disbelief. You are a skeptic. That is your personality. I can't change that, no matter what I do. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to prove anything to you or anyone else.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

NASA works with science... it can't say there are aliens even if it points to this direction - because science is all about evidence. If they are not certain what they are dealing with and the rumors that NASA are aware and hiding is just a conspiracy.. then it wouldnt be scientific to say it.

On the other hand more and more either former astronauts or others come up to confirm there are such beings. It wouldn't make much sense everyone to suddenly start lying, what for? It's more like the conspiracy or heresay to think that suddenly all people in these area would be lying or making money out of it just like that, suddenly.

But there doesn't seem to be any 'disclosure' because firstly needs to be known what to disclose. They can't disclose based on vague cases and pictures/

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

post by Illustronic
I have always been puzzled on what exactly would change should 'disclosure' occur.

I believe our whole psyche would change , the knowledge that we are not alone would have a profound effect on the way we look at ourselves and our place in the Galaxy we live in , it may even bring us closer together as a species .
We would see just how primitive we still are and that our civilization is not the be all and end all of everything , it would expand our view of what life is and may even be what is needed to stop us destroying ourselves , we are a self obsessed species and disclosure of other life visiting us would go some way to break that obsession in my view .

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I believe our whole psyche would change , the knowledge that we are not alone would have a profound effect on the way we look at ourselves and our place in the Galaxy we live in , it may even bring us closer together as a species .
We would see just how primitive we still are and that our civilization is not the be all and end all of everything , it would expand our view of what life is and may even be what is needed to stop us destroying ourselves , we are a self obsessed species and disclosure of other life visiting us would go some way to break that obsession in my view .

The problem is that over 100 years ago it was popularly believed that there was an advanced civilization on Mars, and it in no way had an adverse effect on society and its institutions:

sundaymagazine.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rodredux

Originally posted by Illustronic

Awesome point. I agree with you on most of it, except on the back engineering. Technology has raced forward exponentially. You just don't see it. Just in my short lifespan, I have seen the advent of the world wide web, microwave ovens, electric cars, the discovery of alien planets (remember, 20 yrs ago, they didn't know if there were even other solar systems, not for sure, it had to be proven) and the list goes on and on and on. 200,000 yrs of slinging feces at one another, and now we are (in just 60 yrs) taking the whole universe apart and figuring out how it works. Seems kind of suspect.

Most all of the technological advances can be traced by small steps in discovery and refinements. The space related discoveries a direct result of better detection devices and the fact a lot of detection devices are in space, something that wasn't the case 50 years ago.

Electric cars were used by NYC taxies in 1897. Goddard launched the first liquid fueled rocket in 1926. The basis of modern computers were developed during WWII. Germany's V-2 rockets during WWII reached space, though suborbital. So we have the first rocket launch in 1926, reaching space by about 1944, and finally reaching orbit in 1957, manned orbit of the moon in 1968, I don't see where the sudden jump is there.

One can follow the advancement of materials technology and find direct correlation to the spinoff technologies new materials facilitated.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I would say that popular belief and official disclosure of visitation or existance are two different animals

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I would say that popular belief and official disclosure of visitation or existance are two different animals

Are you saying that a headline in the New York Times quoting the most famous astronomer of the period isn't "official disclosure?" It doesn't get much more official than that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Trust me, if NASA had ANYTHING to expose at all they would have.. Simply to just get the funding.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Illustronic

post by Illustronic
I have always been puzzled on what exactly would change should 'disclosure' occur.

I believe our whole psyche would change , the knowledge that we are not alone would have a profound effect on the way we look at ourselves and our place in the Galaxy we live in , it may even bring us closer together as a species.

That may be true for a greater part of some academia career based people but I think people are too self centered in their financial status to give a crap. Some people think it would break down all religious beliefs but I don't see why exclusivity has to do with the belief of a greater power, in fact it seems more on the confirmation side of the fence when looked at it that way.

People like me with space exploration interests and employed at an independent R&D company for nearly half my life disclosure would have zero effect on any outlook I have about our societal limitations.

Like I said if those lights in the sky are not attacking us I don't see what difference it makes what they are.

In my opinion it is a hope people have that disclosure would change everything but I don't think Mongolian's will hunt differently, I don't think governmental corruption would suddenly end in Africa, I don't think the New York cabbie would quit his job. I think lawyers would still misrepresent their cases, CEO's would still be money and power tripping, countries would still protect their borders, and the uninterested would remain uninterested.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
The irony is that if NASA announced that they had made contact with extra-terrestrials, UFO believers will not believe them because they will be totally unlike anything the believers are expecting. They will not be big eyed Grays, beautiful Nordics or highly spiritual Light Beings from the Pleiades. Once again, NASA will be accused of hiding something.

I'm sorry, the reality of greys, nordics, mantis, feline, exist. And entities. Both corporal and entities. NASA is already dealing with them, as the whole power structure is, both ET and Entity and they're the dark side ones.

When you've experienced all of this, know the navy was on the moon, its not a question of refusing to believe, you already know.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by objectman

Scaling back NASA while encouraging civilian / private space flight might be the disclosure as well. They won't be able to keep the secret when its seen by civilian / private individuals. A verified sighting by civilians would be an easy way for the government to step in and investigate the encounter and announce it is what the people claimed.

True. And while the privateers go up and take happy snaps of the worrisome discs, NASA will burn all the evidence they have to cover the lie, or at least digitise the info and seal it up for the uber-rich.

Robert Bigelow has already been operating two space modules in orbit with exterior TV cameras -- why do you suppose HE would not disclose 'UFO pictures' if he had them?

You need to consider another alternate explanation -- the entire body of 'space UFO' myths is bunk, promoted by eager-believers and intentional con artists.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
Actually, I believe the astronaut says, "Alien Space Craft." Search youtube for secret NASA transmission. It should be easy to find.

Actually, while I don't doubt you believe this nonsense, why does it make it credible for anyone ELSE to believe it? Who originated this story? You can't just say, 'It's out there on the Internet, so it's true."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join