It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Lucifer/Satan? Musicians now openly performing to or about the Evil One!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Not Times of Grace

edit on 21-2-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Not very long ago I listened to an interview on Coast to Coast AM about the history of mankind. The earliest tales in the old testament go to the creation of Adam and Eve. It is interesting to analise their bloodlines up to Christ or even further than that. One of a fair assumption of this analisis is that one bloodline originates from Cain and the other from Adam. The serpent had seduced Eva and got Cain, to make a short cut...from his line come these satanworshippers. From Adam comes the lineage Christ and probably the many good people here on Earth....children of God if you will.

It is a very interesting analises and requiers an open mind. If anybody is interested in the specifics I will try to find exactly what C2C show it was...just ask me to find it for you.

edit on 21/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If singing about God is ok, why should singing about the Devil be forbidden? Or does freedom of speech and religion only apply to the majority...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
YellowRose just about sums it up in the post about Flicker-rate and vibratory level of sound. Kids don't even get an option anymore. T.V. from start to finish. Now look up I-doser, see the new mind erasing good times sound can create. Music can be used for much more than entertaining.

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

The Manchurian Candidate spoke of a sleeper in the whitehouse, imagine a sleeper in every house... If you want to worship the depravity of humanity, the sickness of perversion, you should be aware of it. Polish it up all you want, Satanism is the absence of humanity, which is the problem with this country as of late. The subversive way it is spread is just as bad. If you cant see the "eye", the "triangle", the "666" symbolism in 99% of Modern Culture and its media, then it did its job already. Negative is still negative when the plug is pulled.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by Novaroc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ah, what the hell, i post a similar thread and no one wants to comment let alone at least look
Happens all the time

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Not ever one sold their morality like you, lost one

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Oxygenation,
Media does almost anything for attention. But also I see your question because I see it too but it has always been around, Stairway to Heaven backwards, a lot of old stuff, I mean Missy Elliot used to do weird backwards dark subliminal music stuff in the 90s-00. But honestly if they are I second what people have said before me, if they are representing that who are you to say otherwise? People are allowed to portray God in media, freedom of Religion right? As a Pagan I see Satan or Lucifera completely different than you. What I believe is Lucifera was worshipped before god in many places around the world, before a one uni-God was acceped and pushed upon the people. So .. Keep an open mind, or if you dont like it dont watch it!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So Kanye says he loves Jesus, Jay-Z wants Lucifer off the earth, and Nicki Minaj performs an "exorcism", which is the act of casting out a demon.

Seems pretty Christian friendly to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Why exactly is Lucifer evil? Because the Bible says so?

Lucifer was an Angel, so no, the Bible did not say he was evil. Only that when he fell, he was depicted as sinful, and, thus named Satan, more commonly reffered to as the Devil.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

jesus on a stick, 3 #ty songs.

I'm tired of rappers with live instruments on the stage
Save the # for parades
And while you're at it, why don't you dress like a clown
And draw yourself a permanent frown
Cause the pioneers didn't draw bands in the blueprints
Because it wouldn't make sense
Rappers doin this should retire
Niggas lookin like earth, wind & fire
People don't go to rap shows, so they can hear a band
It's like a man tryin to # a man
It defeats the whole purpose
It's like a fish tryin to swim on the surface
A big circus, all that's missin is a tent
Because the # ain't worth five cents

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by psyop911

"Jesus on a stick" ... could you be ANY more vulgar? Oh wait, you've just accepted your TV programming. Sad.

reply to [www.abovetopsecret.com...]post by Datroof[/url]

Please tell me you are not that blind/ignorant?

Their stated goal was the dumbing down of the population, i see they have been VERY successful.

I really don't mean to i insult anyone here, but clearly opinions need nothing of substance behind them. And clearly critical thinking is historical.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think it's more of the case that they've run out of ideas. Especially the vapid Money grubbing Jay-z Minaj, Rihanna bunch. I mean wasn't Madonna doing this 20 years ago not to mention Alice Cooper 20 years before her. They try way too hard to be shocking and come across as silly. I thought the Minaj performance was hilariously bad. I almost felt sorry for her.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

satan/lucifer always works incrementally. No different with music as it was with movies, magazines, books, anything really.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The first video may have been inane and completely lacking in artistic value and even racist ( you did notice the only white person in the video was a servant?). They lyric in question was "she learned a lot from Satan".

Honestly, if people want to worship Satan they have a right to do so in the US anyway. They used to do it for shock value which is why you don't see as much of it as you used to. If it has anything to do with pop music it's an advertising gimmick anyway which is why I never turn on the radio or MTV.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The Demiurge is the creator of the physical world, while the true God is the creator of all, above and separate from all our corrupt physicality and sin.
reply to post by rodredux

You see this is the problem many of you theists have, you just can't let your fantasy of an afterlife go. Here, you admit that the God of the Bible is an evil, fictitious entity, yet you STILL want to believe that there is a perfect all powerful true Christian Creator. Give it up!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I am a metal musician.
Specific genres do not leave people much to write about. Singing about the devil isn't anything new. It's just poetry to music. Poetry comes in all "genres" too.

I, personally, write about the decay of society, in a metaphorical way.

There is a lot of inspiration in writing about a fictitious entity that represents all the bad that PEOPLE have done and caused.

Hope, forgiveness, anger, sadness, and decay are all popular things to write about. They are intense feelings, that are best dealt with, by the musician expressing himself through a medium. As a painter, or sculptor. Music conveys our deepest feelings.

It isn't homage to the darkside. It's just a song. Most times people don't get the actual message anyways. Here are some lyrics to my song Please Forgive My Sins: All it means is, according to a book that has lead to wars and mass deaths, I am a sinner. The horror and nightmares aren't just mine. They're shared by all society. Isn't asking for forgiveness an absolute absolution? haha.

Lyrics:

I wake up screaming
"Help Me!"
I find my bloodied sheets
Lay down and hear my heartbeat
My shattered Soul will weep

My mind erases
Time and
Hope will forget the past
I've stayed the simple life when
I've sampled the greener grass

You told me everything would be ok
You tole me everything would go away

Chorus:
Please forgive my sins
Please forgive my ways
Please forgive everything that I've said
Please forgive my sins

I held my hands up to you
I begged my wrongs be right
You didn't say a single thing now
I'll live my life in spite

No matter what the cost is
My soul is not for sale
I'll reap my own rewards now
My chances have gone stale

Chorus:
Please forgive my sins
Please forgive my ways
Please forgive my sins

I called upon my anger
I needed help through this ride
I'll break a thousand rules and
This man you will not find

Break down the doors to my sin
I will not stand as one
Masses gather around my side
There is no where to run

Chorus:
Please forgive my sins
Please forgive my ways
Please forgive my sins

Please forgive my sins
Please forgive my ways
Please forgive my sins

edit on 21-2-2012 by bad man incorporated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

The Demiurge is the creator of the physical world, while the true God is the creator of all, above and separate from all our corrupt physicality and sin.
reply to post by rodredux

You see this is the problem many of you theists have, you just can't let your fantasy of an afterlife go. Here, you admit that the God of the Bible is an evil, fictitious entity, yet you STILL want to believe that there is a perfect all powerful true Christian Creator. Give it up!

That's a Gnostic you're quoting, not a Christian.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join