It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic Ice melts due to the Magnetic North Pole migration

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SolidGoal

Interesting questions,I'll go measure it and I will reported first.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Its global warming, how ever you want to slice it, and the most likely cause is mankind.

Most likely this is due to ethane bubbling up out of the Arctic continental shelf.

It's continuing proof that we may have hit a global temp tipping point.

Things might start getting crazy soon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
that the more the ice melts the less the albido and the more heat is absorbed by the water
its just small changes each year but increasing exponentially

Actually, it's the other way around.

Since ice in the arctic is mostly freshwater, it it all melts in the ocean, the % of the salt in the oceans will lower and will cause the ocean to absorb less heat from the sun and loses it faster which leads to overall cooling of the planet.

I like the idea of poles migration, sound like pseudo science but it still could have an impact since it's not like we really know 100% how the planet works.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Even when all the glaciers melt, it won't be enough to change the salinity of the ocean all that much.

Global warming will continue.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
bunch of different opinions now, i guess it's safe to assume no one knows what's going on really

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is 2012, the ice melting will rise the sea level & their is where the chaos begins.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hipno

according to wiki the sea level is expected to continue rising for decades. I don't think it's gonna be chaotic, this is a gradual thing but, i think for sure if you live in the coast your home might be underwater before the 22nd century

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
you know what makes ice melt? Heat. Just thought Id throw that out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
earth isnt the only planet that is heating up in our solar system. So its hard for me to really think it has anything to do with ozone or pole shifts. here is a thread created by a member on this subject. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
beating a dead horse here but, EDGAR CAYCE said this would happen and then went on to say that because of this the coasts of the US and Europe will be gone ( flooded )

There is a summit here in my state of Florida in a few months i think to address the flooding during high tide..

I'm glad someone mentioned Edgar Cayce. Cayce said there would be an eleven (11) degree pole shift. And it didn't sound like a simple wandering of the magnetic pole, but an actual shifting of the planet on its axis.

Cayce predicted MASSIVE earth changes -- large swathes of land underwater, land rising from the seas. Most coastal areas of the world would change: either flooded or rising up and away from the water.

The West Coast of the US would disappear, except for some mountain tops left as islands.

The western coastlines of Europe gone, etc. Mankind would survive though.

Cayce never explained what would start the series of earthquakes & volcanic eruptions worldwide or the pole shift.

If the Chilean earthquake actually shifted the planet on its axis, maybe it will be the earthquakes.

Between Cayce's predictions of Earth Changes and the Hopi's prediction of a nuclear annihilation of the US, I don't know what to think. I hope both were wrong.

It's interesting that Cayce saw New York City being re-built after its devastation, but he didn't say what destroyed NYC.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

He also said japan would sink into the ocean and atlantis would be rediscovered. But I think we are supposed to find the hall of records first if im not mistaken. Which could have allready happened and not released for public knowledge.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Foxy1 because: lack of content

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
you know what makes ice melt? Heat. Just thought Id throw that out there.
Depends,there are many sources of heat.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hipno
This is 2012, the ice melting will rise the sea level & their is where the chaos begins.
A process like this needs time,but if it is accompanied by another event we never know.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
bunch of different opinions now, i guess it's safe to assume no one knows what's going on really
Is very hard to choose between so many opinions on the right, so have to look for more arguments.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Most likely this is due to ethane bubbling up out of the Arctic continental shelf.
I have not seen clear evidence for this assertion but I think it is a complex of circumstances.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

I like the idea of poles migration, sound like pseudo science but it still could have an impact since it's not like we really know 100% how the planet works.
No it is not pseudo science since scientists are studying the phenomenon and made ​​him scientifically measurable.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Even when all the glaciers melt, it won't be enough to change the salinity of the ocean all that much.
Not change the salinity of the oceans will not change behavior but the main ocean currents.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

here is a thread created by a member on this subject.
I read the thread but this is just one of the aspects of the problem as the problem is very complex involving mainly Earth's natural factors.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

He also said japan would sink into the ocean
Japan is a very exposed area as we have seen in the past and with it's history everything is possible but more due to geological events.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Between Cayce's predictions of Earth Changes and the Hopi's prediction of a nuclear annihilation of the US, I don't know what to think. I hope both were wrong.
I hope too they are wrong,events so far could not be accurately predicted so that we can not know the extent or nature of the next event.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join