It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else feeling the 'nesting' instinct?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
OK...I know I'm weird...so no need for those of you who want to come here and have a pop at me to bother

For those who are unfamiliar with the term 'nesting' it's as follows.

Normally associated with pregnant women, the 'nesting' kicks in just before birthing, usually a few days. What happens is...women start cleaning, mowing the lawn, decorating, extra shopping in the extreme. They do this because their 'instinct' tells them that everything has to be in place and in tip top order as when baby arrives there will be no time to maintain or keep on top of these 'jobs'. They will have to devote themselves to baby and take care of themselves to be at their best for the new life.

As I said it is not exclusively a female phenomenon, or to pregnancy.

So the reason I ask is because for the last week or so, I have been experiencing this 'nesting' and responding to it to some degree. My logic however kicks in and keeps telling me to chill and calm down. But behind the 'chill logic' (no I am not pregnant!) there is this instinct which tells me I must 'nest'. But also, when I go along with it (nesting) there are some 'jobs', like decorating (I am attacking my sons bedroom today) which says...why are you bothering? When SHF will it matter?

It has started to bug me. If you want to re-classify this 'nesting' as preparedness, then I have done as much as my finances will allow, and have unfortunately had to 'dip into' some of my preparedness stuff, so have fallen behind. Urrrrgh!

Logic also tells me I am probably responding to all the geo-political/banking nonsense we are all facing. BUT my instinct is telling me there are alternative solutions and I have started putting some into action, like making use of the mild weather and prepping my garden for even more food production this year, arranging a meet up etc.

So why the conflict of logic v. instinct?
Coming here on this forum feeds the 'logic' side, but by the same token my 'instinct' then kicks in and I see that spendig time here is not productive to either my logic or my instinct.

Our instinct when all said and done is what forewarns us, keeps us safe and keeps us one step ahead of 'the game'. The Game of course being the
3D 'logic', but my 'instinct' (some would call that 4D) is telling me "take your ball and don't play anymore." The 'ball' being my whole world as it would be to a child.

So I think my instinct wins....I aint playing anymore....Call me petulant if you like....it really is water off a duck's back....I am taking my ball....game over!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Maybe its something in the air.
Recently, I've been reading up on a lot of survivalist and earthen material.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
My ex girlfriends have all developed the "nesting" instinct, and subsequently I notice they are also forgetting to take their birth control pills. Which is usually around the time they become my ex girlfriends...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Well, I don't nest.

But, this is the time of the year when I begin my list of things that need to be done, like clean the yard after the winter, prepare for the upcoming gardening season, put things in order, sort of like cleaning out the clutter that comes from being cooped up inside for a few months or so, and preparing to meet the warmer weather and sunnier days head on.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
i'm feeling like that too, but i put it down to "spring clean" mode at the moment... i tend to do it every year when the weather gets brighter

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thanks for your 'spring cleaning' thought...I get that and the end of autumn one too. To me this is not spring clean....I know that one well enough, that is why I likened this one to nesting.

But hey ho, that's ok...at least there will be a lot of clean houses and tidy yards!

But to me...this is more than the usual 'spring clean'.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
hey there weirdo woman! nice to see you again

the past 2 weeks...what have i been doing? almost the same thing. i'm an avid crystal collector and this passed full moon was the first time i felt the need to take all my crystals outside for it (i usually only set my personal stones out under the full moon, for one night). this time, every crystal in the house was out under the moon and sun for 3 full nights/days...all the while i was purging my house!

sage, frankincense...the whole nine...several times over the past 2 weeks. my roommate and i have both felt the need to kinda change our diets (yet again...) and "clean" them up just a bit...both felt the need to clean our entire living spaces from top to bottom. both feel the need to be a little detached from our social lives...kinda just work on ourselves and our own energy for the time being. similar to a spring cleaning (as someone above me mentioned) though much deeper and much more significant feeling, i'd say. feels like this is all a physical manifestation of a cleaning within.

really does feel like a time to be getting ones living situations in order...a coming energy shift would make too much sense to be ignored! would explain us wanting to purge our souls, bodies and living quarters of as much negativity as possible.

really does feel about time for another shift to slam, eh? thanks for putting this out there. hopefully others who've been doing similar will chime in and allow us to piece together another piece of the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Odd reading this as I watch my beautiful wife change before my eyes. We don't have kids around or even our grandchildren, just us and no, pregnancy is certainly not in the works. My wife like so many, liked to party yet is a highly psychic and spiritual being, but was held back with this. Also she is mother earth in the flesh, taking good care of her world. I have struggled to awaken her that last bit, as well as others during her sleep, but that is for another forum, kind of unbelievable, but equates to something beyond this moment in time.

A few weeks ago, when we woke in the morning, I knew we were visited again and then she tells me of this white orb that came out of her forehead, then hovered over my head as I slept, then she remembered little after that. The day before, I told her it was time to stop and wake up, it was time!

Since that moment, like you, she has transformed, became what she always was, minus the negatives, it is amazing the transformation. I only throw this out to you because a little more is going on perhaps than we know and it is time for something.

new topics

top topics

join