It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity as Psychological Warfare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
reply to post by harryhaller

Really lol, I'm pretty sure I could point out 12-13 discrepancy's in the bible of the top of my head. There may or may not be a god, but that is not what I am saying. I am merely pointing out that the Judeo-Islamic god is utter fallacy. What kind of God is omnipotent and loving; but if you question his beliefs, you are condemned to burning and suffering for all eternity. That truly sounds like a loving and caring father figure to me. The Morning Star was thrown out of heaven for trying to be his own person and better himself. If the Christian god and Lucifer where real; I would most definitely join Satan, just because of the fact that he's not a hypocrite and knows where he stands.
edit on 21-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: (no reason given)

That sounds more like perpetuation of popular memes (Paradise Lost comes to mind) than actual critical enquiry. For instance, I consider myself a Christian, yet I don't believe in 1. a literal hell where people burn for all eternity, 2. that the morning star was Satan, nor 3. that Satan was physically thrown out of Heaven because of his individualism. Nor did my interpretation of Scripture affirm these.

So, it sounds more like a crystal clear example of Jung's recommendation: If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves.
edit on 21-2-2012 by imherejusttoread because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
I started researching the relationship between the missionaries and the corporations when my buddy (who is engaged to a lovely former Pentecostal) gave me the lowdown on what goes on in the Amazon. Oil companies donate millions to the Pentecostals, and send them down to convert the indigenous tribes. Get them on a settled Western model. then, they send in the corporate reps to offer land deals.

Anecdotal, and I wasn't ever able to track it down properly. But it would not surprise me. He also mentioned that there are more missionaries in Iraq than there are American troops.

www.trinityfi.org...

Neo-Pentecostal messages seem to be remarkably compatible withglobal market values. This often leads to a suspicion that neo-Pentecostalism is a part of the expansion strategy of American-basedmultinational corporations. Neo-Pentecostal mission organisations areseen as partners of the corporations, with the task of preparing social-cultural conditions for the global market.

Crap, there's more material, but I have to run. anyway, awesome discussion topic, OP.

Eidolon23, it reminds me of the movie

If you can hijack a person's value system by refining what it is they use to construct it, you then own that person's soul and have a fanatical programmed soldier for life on your side. It's a process of mind possession and it is the fuel politics runs on, and politics is the mechanism that allows the possession of petro fuels owned by a few select men who own humanity's mind, body and soul through the propaganda they purchase that allows them to own our economy that we are all enslaved within, we being, Lady Columbia. They called what they do, the "Enterprise."

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

You see that's your interpretation, he is saying that if you don't take the entire book at face value your not a Christian. I have no problem with spiritual people as long as they don't try to force their religion on me. The problem I have is with members of organized religion, who force their religion on others, and are hypocritical. If you treat me with respect, I'll show the same consideration, but he was very condescending.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

ou see that's your interpretation, he is saying that if you don't take the entire book at face value your not a Christian. I have no problem with spiritual people as long as they don't try to force their religion on me. The problem I have is with members of organized religion, who force their religion on others, and are hypocritical. If you treat me with respect, I'll show the same consideration, but he was very condescending.

I generally find myself disgusted with militant fundamentalism/literalism, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by andreoutlaw

An old game, an old flame, the path of undoing, all of life is fighting, all of life is war.

All of history is bunk, all that is written is lies, all that exists is illusion.

With sheep at the head of the army we shall conquer. With love we shall kill and destroy.
With freedom shall we enslave them. With fools to lord over them we shall control them.
And in the name of peace shall we make war.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, and IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Some more quotes on religion.

If the gods listened to the prayers of men, all humankind would quickly perish since they constantly pray for many evils to befall one another. - Epicurus

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself. --Richard Burton

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful. --Lucius Annaeus Seneca

In the beginning the church was a fellowship of men and women centering on the living Christ. Then the church moved to Greece where it became a philosophy. Then it moved to Rome where it became an institution. Next, it moved to Europe, where it became a culture. And, finally, it moved to America where it became an enterprise.--Richard Halverson

I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get. –Napolean Bonaparte

I might believe in the Redeemer if His followers looked more Redeemed.-- Fredrick Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Some would term this the most important document in the world, and it does speak to the issues of religion being used to abduct the Minds of people and blur the view of what is right and wrong, which is God and What is Satan.

Everyone should take a good look at this view at the top from a NY Senatorial Assisstant:

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Some would term this the most important document in the world, and it does speak to the issues of religion being used to abduct the Minds of people and blur the view of what is right and wrong, which is God and What is Satan.

Everyone should take a good look at this view at the top from a NY Senatorial Assisstant:

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I am merely pointing out that the Judeo-Islamic god is utter fallacy.

The Morning Star was thrown out of heaven for trying to be his own person and better himself. If the Christian god and Lucifer where real; I would most definitely join Satan, just because of the fact that he's not a hypocrite and knows where he stands.

So if it's all an utter fallacy, how came you're so sure of lucifer? Giving his name in caps, in 3 ways, and the Lord God in smalls? Also, please explain the concept of a "Judeo-Islamic" god, since i have never heard that phrase before?

You clearly disagree with God, but either He is wrong, or a fallacy, cannot be both. While claiming to be able to show me contradictions, you're contradicting yourself.
But lucifer is known as the father of lies, and so it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Here, Harry, read THIS> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It's like a binary star system, Harry.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You learn something new every day
thanks.

Nothing to do with Christianity though, or Judaism. Save their selective recognition of parts of both, it actually has nothing to do with either.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by imherejusttoread

Yes. The books used in modern canon were recognized long before they were officially sanctioned by any of the Councils.

First you say yes, and then you admit no. Which is it? Do you even have a source for this?

edit on 22-2-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

You learn something new every day
thanks.

Nothing to do with Christianity though, or Judaism. Save their selective recognition of parts of both, it actually has nothing to do with either.

All three main major religions worship the same deity. Both Islam and Christianity are splits from Judaism.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Um maybe you need to re-learn yor grammar, a name is always capitalized, god is not a name it's an idea. Seriously if you have never heard the term Judeo-Islamic, you really need to take a world religion course. It is the trinity of the Christian god, the Hebrew god, and the Islamic god, which are all one and the same according to all three texts. No the idea of there being a god is fallacious, the setup in which we recorded it is wrong. At the very least if there was a god he is incompetent, what supreme deity allows children to starve, be beaten, allowed billions of women to raped, allowed the crusades, etc. If some spooky father figure in the sky can cause the entire world to flood, why hasn't he taught us to fix our problems. Oh I remember why because we know if you are subjected to extreme heat, starvation, or dehydration you hallucinate. Which is all god is a hallucination.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Those charities are all scams. Every single one of them. I thought everyone already knew that?

That's an awful big claim right there, do you have proof? So when bill gates donates 2 million to a charity for kids, they just keep the money?

It's been documented extensively, you can research it using "Google".

I have personally witnessed it though. Firsthand. These people come here, these UN NGOs, and they drive around in SUVs, drink Starbucks coffee, go to whore houses, and dance at night clubs. What sort of a thing is this? It is obviously all on the bill of the alleged charity organization, because it is the only thing they do.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tattaglia
I completely agree with the OP, especially the idea of non-resistance imposed by Christianity. I see that many of you here grew up and live in a Christian environment, and might not understand how Christianity had been used as a political tool for colonial powers to make it way into countries with an established set of values that is totally different from theirs.

I myself grew up in a third world country where the values brought to us by Christian missionaries have greatly destroyed our own culture and belief, to the point of which the sense of patriotism had been overwhelmed by the need to sacrifice for God. When France entered Vietnam in the 19th century, together with missionaries sent from the Paris Foreign Mission Society, Western values under the name of God's teachings have been brought to Vietnam to weaken our traditional values and beliefs. We have been an ancestor-worshipping society for thousands of years, until the missionaries showed up with the idea of the Mighty God and his unconditional love. Many people got brainwashed, to the extent of denying our undeniable sovereignty and willingly sacrificed our lands to the Vatican. This was espeacially the case when American came into the picture. After the Genève Accord was signed in 1954, psychological warfare has been deployed by the US to turn Vietnamese people against their government. They used religious teachings to indoctrinate the people that Virgin Maria was in the South. This has resulted in millions of Vietnamese fleeding the North to the South, which was at that time under US's puppet regime. Until now, many Church and Christian organizations in Vietnam are still funded and backed by 'foreign entity' to serve their agenda.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against Christianity. In fact, I appreaciate their teachings just as all of you do. The problem with Christianity, IMO, is its political influence and requirement in absolute faith in a divine power, which can be abused by tptb for propaganda and cultural assimilation purpose. I alway ask myself : How is it even justifiable that a Pope in Vatican has more power on you than your own countrymen?

Please excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker and my choice of words might not be accurate. I also don't mean to bash your religion. If you feel so, please accept my apology. My opinion might be one-sided and I'm open to any criticism.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Tattaglia because: (no reason given)

Thanks so much for this. You're English is great.

This is clearly the same thing that happened all across the entire planet. It is all horrible.

Look at this list:

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if it is even relevant or not whether or not Christianity is "all bad". Personally, I don't see hardly anything redeeming about it, but the reality is that if the Roman Empire had not picked up on the idea that the cult could be used against the psyche of the people, the Christians would have all been killed and no one would think any more about it then they do about Mithraism or any other dead religious cult.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
I started researching the relationship between the missionaries and the corporations when my buddy (who is engaged to a lovely former Pentecostal) gave me the lowdown on what goes on in the Amazon. Oil companies donate millions to the Pentecostals, and send them down to convert the indigenous tribes. Get them on a settled Western model. then, they send in the corporate reps to offer land deals.

Anecdotal, and I wasn't ever able to track it down properly. But it would not surprise me. He also mentioned that there are more missionaries in Iraq than there are American troops.

www.trinityfi.org...

Neo-Pentecostal messages seem to be remarkably compatible withglobal market values. This often leads to a suspicion that neo-Pentecostalism is a part of the expansion strategy of American-basedmultinational corporations. Neo-Pentecostal mission organisations areseen as partners of the corporations, with the task of preparing social-cultural conditions for the global market.

Crap, there's more material, but I have to run. anyway, awesome discussion topic, OP.

Hey, thanks a lot.

I can totally see that as having been the case. I have been researching financial connections between the missionaries here and the mining companies, but obviously that sort of information takes some time to dig up. Many of the tribals are convinced that this is the case, but all I have right now is hearsay.

I would be very interested in exchanging some emails with your friend about this, if at all possible.

My email is [email protected]

edit on 23-2-2012 by andreoutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I've been forced to study it my entire life, my condescending friend. Maybe it is you who needs to re-read the book, along with other religious texts. The Judeo-Islamic god is a mass of contradiction's and baseless fear. It is a collection of fairy tales and hokum, meant to scare young children. I know of no other institution which tells young children that they are sinful and condemned to hell. That's a very effective deterent for a five year old.

It really is just absolutely sick, the whole concept. It is hard to even think about how evil the whole thing is - these are people who prey on children because they were preyed on as children. Very similar to the dynamics of pedophilia.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by andreoutlaw

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You have stated more than once you are not an Atheist. Your target is Christianity and the Western World it would seem.

It might be easier to discuss knowing where you are coming from. You are "not an atheist" correct? That means you do believe in God, correct? Do you belong to a religion and which one?

I don't see how the content of the OP can be made "easier to discuss" based on information about me personally. It seems like what you are getting at is that I would be easier to attack personally if more information about my personal life was given, as you are having difficulty dealing with the content of the post itself. As I don't really have any desire to discuss my personal life here in this thread, I think we should focus instead on the ideas that I am presenting.

That is not why I asked. I asked because you brought it up twice. You thought it was important we know you are not an Atheist for some reason pertinent to what you are saying. You only speak out against Christians and no other Religion. So yes it does matter to the discussion.

I'm not the least afraid to say I'm a Christian and try to follow the teachings of Christ. Why are you not discussing proselytization in general if Christians are not the target here?

Your general tone is one of not caring for Christians or the Western world in general.

Being Christian has only two requirements that few can manage. Love God and Love your fellow human beings. That's it. Everything else is not a product of Christianity, but of men. So are you speaking to real Christians doing as they should or people falsely claiming to be Christian while committing non-Christian acts. The problem lies in that most who speak out against Christians are actually speaking against things that have nothing to do with being Christian.

Whether or not you choose to share the mindset you are coming from is your choice. You should have expected the question to follow your own statements. It does matter in that both culture and religious beliefs define us and why we think the way we do. For instance why do you label all of Christianity as Psychological Warfare, rather than condemning those specific people who are doing something you disapprove of? That screams its all of Christianity you are opposed to, does it not? If that is the case and you are not an Atheist, then it follows you belong to a religious mindset that considers Christianity false and themselves as not false.

If you wish to keep your beliefs privately held while condemning others Faiths based on actions from a few, that's up to you. Your title was clearly a call to arms for all Christian haters on ATS. They tend to be Atheists though, so my question of you makes perfect sense. You might be surprised at how I would have responded to and answer. I hate no group based on the actions of some of their members. That would make me a definitive bigot, which goes contrary to my own Faith.

I am absolutely condemning all forms of Christianity, for the reasons outlined in the OP. I believe the core concepts of the religion are designed as a means of conquering and then controlling populations. I do not hold any negative emotions toward anyone who has been caught in this trap.

My personal "beliefs" are those of the tribe. Symbolic communion with the divine through symbolic interaction with nature. I am against all forms of evangelization, but clearly the main institution practicing this for purposes of expanding the reach of state and capital has always been Christianity.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Christianity as Psychological Warfare

Christianity is but one page of the human condition. Fear of concept... fear of belief is not new but it has become more mainstream as time has passed because we have lost our ability to think for ourselves.

Speaking for myself alone, I believe in Christ... though not in the way mainstream religion offers it and Him.

Sitting back, you might come to a spot one day when you realize that we are not what one would call 'natural' creatures. The bears, the birds, the chipmunks... they all have a spot on this beautiful blue sphere. But us? No, we don't. That's why we have had to work our buns off through what may well be tens of thousands of years and numerous attempts at civilization, to get to this failing point we are now at today.

But it is fear... that most ancient of all natural emotions that is being played upon us and we... we happily accept every drop.

Please, don't fear me or my faith. Don't fear Mohammed, Moses, Krishna Buddha or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Find your questions and then your answers without fear... knowing that we aren't here simply to live in that fear. We are here to learn, to expand and grow in this spiritual journey inside of our biological robot... alongside the firmware that came with it.

Fear kills... but ONLY those who allow it to exist within.

I am opposed to Christianity's insistence on destroying every society that it comes in contact to and forcing the people into submission to an economic system.

I don't understand how fear relates to any of this in any way. That seems a little ham-fisted.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join